Game runs too fast! (Alpha Centauri)

neill1983

Chieftain
Hello Guys,

i have some questions about the game.
Can i reduce the speed of this game?

I checked the Entries about Fast Move for Units, fast move for enemy units and all this kind of stuff, but it doesnt work. the units are too fast, i cant see, where the enemy moves, because its how i said, just to fast.

can i reduce the speed of my pc, to play this game?
or how i can reduce the speed of the game?

Welcome to CivFanatics and the Alpha Centauri forum!

If you've unchecked all the options for fast unit movement and battle animation, then I don't know of any other way, within game, to slow it down. You might want to see if your BIOS has a way to slow the CPU. Another possibility is to Google CPU throttling. There are some programs that slow your CPU, but I don't know how well they work with SMACX.

What are your system specs? I have a quad core Intel i7 CPU and have no problem with seeing the movement of enemy units.

Welcome to CivFanatics and the Alpha Centauri forum!

If you've unchecked all the options for fast unit movement and battle animation, then I don't know of any other way, within game, to slow it down. You might want to see if your BIOS has a way to slow the CPU. Another possibility is to Google CPU throttling. There are some programs that slow your CPU, but I don't know how well they work with SMACX.

What are your system specs? I have a quad core Intel i7 CPU and have no problem with seeing the movement of enemy units.

Well all options are unchecked.
maybe CPU Throttling helps.

I have a cracked Version of SMAC - maybe thats the problem?
i dont play SMACX.

i have a duo core amd. no big cpu. hm i think its bec. the cracked version, but i dont know.

You can download a legal copy of SMAC from GOG for $5.99. It includes SMAX (but you can still play just SMAC, if that's your preference). I have a copy and it runs fine. Fair warning: Our site has zero-tolerance for piracy and we don't allow advocating it. Not saying that's what you were doing, though.

You can download a legal copy of SMAC from GOG for $5.99. It includes SMAX (but you can still play just SMAC, if that's your preference). I have a copy and it runs fine. Fair warning: Our site has zero-tolerance for piracy and we don't allow advocating it. Not saying that's what you were doing, though.

I bought this Version now like you said but still too fast, i cant understand, why this game runs so fast. I allways need to check, where the enemy moves, bec. i cant see them :(

well, 5,99 Dollar for supporting a lovely game is ok too. i check the internet maybe i find something there.

Glad to hear that you bought a copy of the game. Your problem is very unusual, but it has come up before. What brand is your CPU? Someone with an Athlon reported the same issue and other Athlon users have reported other problems playing the game.

Glad to hear that you bought a copy of the game. Your problem is very unusual, but it has come up before. What brand is your CPU? Someone with an Athlon reported the same issue and other Athlon users have reported other problems playing the game.

MY CPU and the Hardware is:

AMD Athlon Duo Core 3,1 GHz
4 Gb Ram
32 Bit Windows 7 Professional

I'm no expert, but I think that fast move should be taken off if you don't want it too fast.

I think you can buy a decent downgraded system somewhere in the shelves of Ebay.Shouldn't be too much, around £5.00 I reckon, but if you want a proper downgrade that doesn't mess around with your system, try a pc shop. £7.99...

Hi MaDaro,

Thanks for your input. If I understand correctly, neill1983 has already tried turning off fast moves, but it didn't help. Also, could you please explain what you mean by "buy a decent downgraded system"? Thanks.

@neill1983 -- I've been searching to see if anyone else has solved their problems with running the game on a system with an Athlon CPU. No luck so far, but check back. I'll post again if I come up with something.

Are you overclocking your CPU or your video card? If so, try going back to normal and see if that helps.

Top Bottom