Arioch's Analyst Thread

On This pic we can read that "Love of the King day" has the effect of increasing the food output of the city

Slight correction: "We love the King day" has an impact on the growth of the city only (i.e. it ads 25% to your excess food), not on its total food output. If your city doesn't grow, "We love the King day" has no impact.

Have you guys saw that with Pinkhammurabi's post we reached 1000 post in this thread. Conrugtulations AriochIV:goodjob:.

Slight correction: "We love the King day" has an impact on the growth of the city only (i.e. it ads 25% to your excess food), not on its total food output. If your city doesn't grow, "We love the King day" has no impact.

Only of excees food? I find that a bit strange...
I thought it would be for the food production each citizen makes on its tile...

There's something I noticed that interested me from the recent preview pics. If you look at this pic here:

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/articles/2580-civilization-v/image-14641.php

It says very clearly of Liberty Branch that "it cannot be Active (emphasis mine) at the same time as Autocracy" Now, maybe I'm grasping at straws, but this seems to suggest that you *can* switch between Liberty & Autocracy-but you just can't have both operating at the same time. Indeed, it suggests that you might not even have to abandon the policies you've gained in Liberty in order to obtain policies in Autocracy.

Aussie.

@Aussie:

This has been known, also notice that the "Adopt" Button is still there for Rationalism even though Piety is chosen. This keeps the hope up, but most sources say: "No switching" :(

There's something I noticed that interested me from the recent preview pics. If you look at this pic here:

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/articles/2580-civilization-v/image-14641.php

It says very clearly of Liberty Branch that "it cannot be Active (emphasis mine) at the same time as Autocracy" Now, maybe I'm grasping at straws, but this seems to suggest that you *can* switch between Liberty & Autocracy-but you just can't have both operating at the same time. Indeed, it suggests that you might not even have to abandon the policies you've gained in Liberty in order to obtain policies in Autocracy.

Aussie.

and what about the lock icons at bottom-right of the labels...?

and what about the lock icons at bottom-right of the labels...?
The player doesn't have the required tech. Autocracy and Order are both locked until the industrial era.

The player doesn't have the required tech. Autocracy and Order are both locked until the industrial era.

Yes, but Tradition and Honor are available from the start. It just means that the player hasn't "bought into" those tech trees.

EDIT: Actually perhaps all the tech requirements have been met for those later policies, because they look "unlockable" and do not have a "unlocked at such and such era" message and they are not blacked out like we have seen in other screens such as this http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00036/00036154_027.htm. But I could be wrong. :p Either way, it seems the devs were/are still working on the SP interface, because those locks are something relatively new.

I think that you've made 1 mistake in ancient units section. You said that settler is available at 1st turn of game but I think that's wrong because, I've read that settler units can be build only when city reaches some population point.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=355156

Settlers - Created only if the city exceeds various thresholds of population
(it's in civilian units section)

I just have said what have I read, that's all. I know that he means on technology requirement but, it would be interesting if this would written in his analyst as a possibility (in brackets).

Yes, but Tradition and Honor are available from the start. It just means that the player hasn't "bought into" those tech trees.

EDIT: Actually perhaps all the tech requirements have been met for those later policies, because they look "unlockable" and do not have a "unlocked at such and such era" message and they are not blacked out like we have seen in other screens such as this http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00036/00036154_027.htm. But I could be wrong. :p Either way, it seems the devs were/are still working on the SP interface, because those locks are something relatively new.

There is nothing rational about this picture:
Spoiler :
If it is the same game in both screenshots, then he adopted Rationalism and Commerce first? Once you adopt one does it lock out previous ones you have adopted?

Nor this one:
Spoiler :
This one shows Liberty "finished"?? in turn 202, but he was working on it in turn 248.

There must be something right because the cost counter for the next policy and the Utopia project status seems right. I think he had completed 7 policies in 1690, so he must have been really concentrating on a Utopian victory. He must have reached that era research wise also.

Sorry, but i don't have the slightest idea what the hell are you talking about.

Top Bottom