Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

I have heard of some weirdness with IGE and some of my mods. It kinda opens up the weirdness I have to do to make some of my stuff work, and maybe IGE is allergic to that weirdness. I always have just preferred Firetuner if I want to play around with stuff like that.

Try without IGE and see if it works.

*downloads the SDK to get firetuner*

It seems to be working without IGE, but I'm getting "no scene loaded for this leader" when I make a decision on things, in diplomacy screens.

If IGE was the 'big' problem, maybe that other thing wasn't?

And boom, it all comes down again.

Spoiler :

[14978.390] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.ImprovementType - "ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_VV_LOWEE_MUSHROOM_FIEFDOM" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.ImprovementType - "ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_VV_LOWEE_MUSHROOM_FIEFDOM" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.ImprovementType - "ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_VV_LOWEE_MUSHROOM" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.406] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.ImprovementType - "ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_VV_LOWEE_MUSHROOM" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[14978.609] Invalid Reference on Buildings.Description - "TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_MONGOLIASILKROAD2" does not exist in Language_en_US
[14979.125] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "write a bug on this" does not exist in Language_en_US
[14979.125] Invalid Reference on Policies.Description - "TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_ESTATES_GENERAL" does not exist in Language_en_US
[14980.015] Invalid Reference on Units.Strategy - "TXT_KEY_UNIT_VV_GREAT_GAME_DEV_STRATEGY" does not exist in Language_en_US
[14980.203] Invalid Reference on UnitPromotions.Help - "TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_VV_RANRAN_HELP_BUFF" does not exist in Language_en_US
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_PROTECTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_PROTECTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_AGGRESSIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitTwo - "POLICY_CHARISMATIC_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INVENTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INVENTIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_CREATIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_CREATIVE_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_PHILOSOPHICAL_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_PHILOSOPHICAL_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Invalid Reference on Leader_SharedTraits.TraitOne - "POLICY_INDUSTRIOUS_X" does not exist in Policies
[14980.796] Failed Validation.

The only real difference without IGE was that it took a lot longer to do it than before. :/

Hmm, there seems to be a known crash, and an issue with EUI or CBP with Really Advanced Setup :p Interesting...

I wonder if it would help if I deleted the compatibility files for bingle's leader traits , that seems to be one of the ones it's trying to reference and can't.

That wouldn't cause a crash, though. Try running fewer mods until you find something that doesn't crash. I'd actually recommend seeing if CBP+EUI+RAS works without any of my mods running, that way we can isolate if the issue is actually caused by my mods.

I ran a test game with CBP+EUI+all of my Civs+E&D the other day and it only crashed when some of the CulDiv events that don't play well with CBP triggered.

Also, MSF updated:

• Metal Gear renamed to Metal Gear ZEKE.
  • Stealth Operative and Metal Gear ZEKE now have unique 3D models! Taken directly from Peace Walker itself, these models will finally help complete the visual experience of using these units.
  • Metal Gear ZEKE's base Combat Strength is now only 200 instead of 250.
  • Metal Gear ZEKE slightly cheaper to build.
  • Cost of upgrading Metal Gear ZEKE with salvage decreased.
  • Fixed bug which would cause your Salvage to go negative when upgrading Metal Gear without DLL Various Mod Components or Community Patch.
  • Fixed bug which would allow you to repeatedly upgrade Metal Gear without DLL Various Mod Components or Community Patch.
  • Free units at the beginning of the game now spawn when you settle your Capital.
  • If you become the Diamond Dogs, you now have a +100% combat strength bonus vs. Cities.
  • Added support for a laundry list of new mods.

That wouldn't cause a crash, though. Try running fewer mods until you find something that doesn't crash. I'd actually recommend seeing if CBP+EUI+RAS works without any of my mods running, that way we can isolate if the issue is actually caused by my mods.

I ran a test game with CBP+EUI+all of my Civs+E&D the other day and it only crashed when some of the CulDiv events that don't play well with CBP triggered.

So you think it might be E&D reacting badly to CBP? Hmm. :/ That isn't good, it's SUPPOSED to be compatible with CBP, if it isn't, they need to know to be taking it off the page to download right with it.

So you think it might be E&D reacting badly to CBP? Hmm. :/ That isn't good, it's SUPPOSED to be compatible with CBP, if it isn't, they need to know to be taking it off the page to download right with it.

It's just conjecture, and I think whatever events crashed my previous game were added by mods other than E&D proper. To be honest, it's going to be very hard to diagnose what's causing your game to crash, because Lua-based CTDs virtually never provide relevant information in their logs.

Try playing without E&D for a bit and see if it still crashes, then we can start narrowing it down.

Also, MSF updated:

• Metal Gear renamed to Metal Gear ZEKE.
  • Stealth Operative and Metal Gear ZEKE now have unique 3D models! Taken directly from Peace Walker itself, these models will finally help complete the visual experience of using these units.
  • Metal Gear ZEKE's base Combat Strength is now only 200 instead of 250.
  • Metal Gear ZEKE slightly cheaper to build.
  • Cost of upgrading Metal Gear ZEKE with salvage decreased.
  • Fixed bug which would cause your Salvage to go negative when upgrading Metal Gear without DLL Various Mod Components or Community Patch.
  • Fixed bug which would allow you to repeatedly upgrade Metal Gear without DLL Various Mod Components or Community Patch.
  • Free units at the beginning of the game now spawn when you settle your Capital.
  • If you become the Diamond Dogs, you now have a +100% combat strength bonus vs. Cities.
  • Added support for a laundry list of new mods.
Wait, so where can I see what it's now compatible with?

Wait, so where can I see what it's now compatible with?

Basically everything that my newer Nep mods are compatible with.

• Sukritact's Events and Decisions
  • JFD's Piety and Prestige
  • JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
  • Ethnic Units
  • Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack
  • Map Labels
  • Unique Cultural Influence
  • Civ IV Traits in Civ V
  • Community Balance Patch

Basically everything that my newer Nep mods are compatible with.

• Sukritact's Events and Decisions
  • JFD's Piety and Prestige
  • JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
  • Ethnic Units
  • Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack
  • Map Labels
  • Unique Cultural Influence
  • Civ IV Traits in Civ V
  • Community Balance Patch
Ah, all right then. Thanks.

EDIT: Have a problem with the UntiPanel.lua
Spoiler :

Looking at the mods I have installed, the only other UnitPanel.lua file I have is for the CBP version of EUI.

EDIT: Have a problem with the UntiPanel.lua
Spoiler :

Looking at the mods I have installed, the only other UnitPanel.lua file I have is for the CBP version of EUI.

You may need to delete/move/rename both UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel.xml from EUI and/or the CBP compatibility files for EUI.

Love how weepy/sappy Nepgear gets on defeat, after declaring war on a civ that's an era ahead of hers on techs for the sword wanting blood. ^_^

Well, to Uni anyway. Really love her ending when Blanc beats her, that one is a very funny hell to put her in. ^_^

Now if I can just get EUI to stop hard-freezing Civ when I click city arrows... :p :)

(oh, and in-game editor does not seem to have the problem that some other things do. I think I fixed the other issue when I put the right full path in for the leaderheadroot stuff, to find the right folder in your mod. :p Oops on me. :p I also removed Really Advanced Setup completely though too, think that was listed as a problem causer unless totally removed, elsewhere.)

Since everything is working now, and the only bugs are in CBP/CP (the arrow issue), another bug between it and these mods has to be asked.

This is totally minor, but it seems like it's trying to play two soundtrack files from two different sources, during some events. One from this mod, one from elsewhere... :p

Makes me have to turn volume down when I"m playing. ^_^

This is totally minor, but it seems like it's trying to play two soundtrack files from two different sources, during some events. One from this mod, one from elsewhere... :p

Makes me have to turn volume down when I"m playing. ^_^

Such as with the Leanbox Legendary Hero event?

Also, look who's coming...sometime soon. (I'm quite busy these days)

Having no idea about the context that Knight is the most hilarious thing I've seen.

It's gonna be called the Dogoo Knight, whose ability is that it has a +50% bonus vs lance units, but -50% vs sword units (which is how it generally works in Neptunia). It won't require horses. And lastly, it can leave a Slime Puddle improvement which will zero out the movement of any unit which moves into it. Each unit can only make one puddle at a time, and they last a maximum of 5 turns.

And yes, I plan on rigging the Knight's rider onto a slime model from Neptunia.

It's more like it's trying to play the standard Civ soundtrack for some far east culture, then playing the Neptunia stuff on top of it, and right over it sometimes. Especially during war time. :p

It's more like it's trying to play the standard Civ soundtrack for some far east culture, then playing the Neptunia stuff on top of it, and right over it sometimes. Especially during war time. :p

Weird. Never ran into this issue. Maybe when I release the

Spoiler :
full Neptunia soundtrack mod to coincide with Neptune

, it won't happen anymore?

Also, look who's coming...sometime soon. (I'm quite busy these days)

Part of me not even knowing what this is, wants this in my life.

Part of me not even knowing what this is, wants this in my life.

Everyone needs more Nepnep in their life!

Speaking of, in order to make her even more lazy, I've decided on a new facet of her UA: Histoire has to found your cities for you, and she picks the locations!

This Civ is probably going to need a little in-game tutorial pop up at this rate.

Top Bottom