Civilization Request Thread

It would be AMAZING if someone did king Arthur and Camelot!! the special unit could be Merlin?? haha please someone do it!!!

Merlin? Na, Camelot's obvious UU would be the Knight of the Round Table and or the Fire Breathing Dragon if your aiming for a more fairy tail approach.

Been watching too much BBC. :) Knights slew dragons. They didn't fight alongside them.

Knights of the Round would be an obligatory UU, the Merlin could be a Unique Great Person that replaces the Great General. He can be expended to blow up all enemies in a given area.

True, but imagine how groovy it would be to vanquish your foes with a fire breathing Dragon, and seriously where else would it fit? It could truly be unique and not replace anything but upgrade to the fist air unites when its time.

What about Helvetia, tzhe Swiss Civilization?

Some Ideas:

Special Term: "Direct Democracy: Change Production :c5production: into Happniess :c5happy:" ( ~15 :c5production: -> 1 :c5happy: ) ,
or "Banking Secrecy: recieve ~50% of average GPT from all other civs after discovering banking" :lol:

Special Unit: (Swiss) Halbedier (graphics like landsknecht). Special Ability: Pass Mountain Tiles and/or rough terrian promotion.

Special Buidling: Swiss Bank: With "direct democracy" ~+50% Gold , with "banking secrecy ~+33% Gold, +1/2 happiness

Leader: Either William Tell: http://www.swissworld.org/fileadmin/user_upload/swisspics/swisspic20040921_5227815_2.jpg

Or The Swiss Federal Council: http://www.rhetorik.ch/Aktuell/11/01_03/bundesrat.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Erster_Bundesrat.jpg

something like that? would do it on my own but i failed at modding:blush:

Does anyone know of any mods that add Romania? and if not may I officially request Romania! a country of such size and history being excluded from this game is saddening :-(

I would like to see a civ that is a potentially an economic powerhouse - financially strong, building up from early game. It could include a market UB that might double luxuries in the city, or at least double their income. As a unique unit it might have a traveling merchant that collects $ by visiting local CS's - it would have to make a round trip to earn the $, though, to prevent double-tapping. :)
Don't know if that is even programmable or if the AI would use it correctly. Could also make a similar trade ship that could do the same on the coast and later across ocean tiles.
Think of them as Merchant GP - lite.
Just some ideas, mind you. I'm not even sure what historical civ would qualify for this, besides Venetians...Minoans, maybe?

It could include a market UB that might double luxuries in the city, or at least double their income.

It's called the Bazaar, it is the UB of the Arabian Empire.

As a unique unit it might have a traveling merchant that collects $ by visiting local CS's

That's probably achievable just by creating a unit with the same abilities as the Great Merchant, but you would have to change it so the mission would create income rather than influence (or both, but that would be very OP).

Not a bad suggestion, but half of it is already fulfilled, and with the Arab ability of extra trade route income, the only thing you are really missing is the CS unit, which is kindof an idea that would make the Civ economically (and possibly diplomatically) extremely OP.

Does anyone know of any mods that add Romania? and if not may I officially request Romania! a country of such size and history being excluded from this game is saddening :-(

Not to be critical, but size and history? They are an extremely modern country, and is actually both smaller and less-populated than Texas.

Also, I am not really sure what their Unique flavors and UB/UU/UA would be. I really don't know that much about Romania, but I'm sure there are better options. Just saying.

I was wondering if anyone had made a Welsh civilization.

If anyone's interested, I was thinking that the way it could work would be:

Leader: Gruffydd ap Llywelyn

Special Unit: Welsh Swordsman (replaces Swordsman, has less health, but deals higher damage.)

Special Building: Caer (replaces Castle, gives +8 defense instead of +4.)

Special Power: Units gain +2 defense in marshy terrain? (This is what I'm least certain about.)

Not to be critical, but size and history? They are an extremely modern country, and is actually both smaller and less-populated than Texas.

Also, I am not really sure what their Unique flavors and UB/UU/UA would be. I really don't know that much about Romania, but I'm sure there are better options. Just saying.

Size: It's the largest country in SE Europe. History: Romania stands for the convenient grouping of Moldavia, Wallachia, and Transylvania, principalities that have existed since the Middle Ages, sometimes under the thumb of various larger powers, often with degrees of autonomy.

Hi, it would be nice to see a Bavarian civilization.

Leader: King Ludwig II.

Special Unit: Alpine Corps (Rifleman)

Special Building: Beergarden (Colloseum)

Cities:
München
Nürnberg
Augsburg
Salzburg (Part of Bavaria till 1803, and again 1810 - 1816)
Regensburg
Würzburg
Ingolstadt
Fürth
Erlangen
Bayreuth
Bamberg
Aschaffenburg
Landshut
Kempten
Rosenheim
Neu-Ulm
Schweinfurt
Passau
Speyer (Part of Bavaria 1815 - 1918)
Hof
Freising
Straubing

Hiyas.

I have recently downloaded the united kingdoms mod from this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444840

I wanted to play Buckinghamshire really bad so I downloaded it and played out one entire game. However, this mod instead of adding the civilizations it changes them with UK countries. Now, I already got a little bit of tired with those leaders and would like to play against all the standard civilizations now. I have tried modding on my own, but it was a complete and utter failure.

[note] Buckinghamshire is made to replace the Greek nation and as such is fine by me. If you decide to help me leave it that way. also as there is one less Uk nation than there are nations in civ V Mongolian civilization was removed, this ought to be fixed as well. [/note]

Now, what I am asking of you is to simply change this mod to only exchange Buckinghamshire with Greece and return all standard civilizations. I would like it to remain all its traits (Color,portret,leader etc.)

It sounds like a pretty simple change, however the modder that first created this also added some new texts in various new pgame places as you can see in the mod file. This should be reversed as well.

All the credit for the mod goes to its original creator.I am a rather nervous about it and I would love to play this game this way, so I am really hoping for some assistance on the matter.

Sincerely, Dafta.

Does someone is interested in creating a mod that add a Brazilian Civilization? I'm interested in doing a version for G&K expansion(and if there are any request,a modified version for Vanilla Civ5 as well) .

I was reading the Modder’s Guide to Civilization and was wondering if there was an easier way to create new Civilizations? Is there any app or program for this?

I was reading the Modder’s Guide to Civilization and was wondering if there was an easier way to create new Civilizations? Is there any app or program for this?

There's no quick way, but once you know what you're doing and you've made one or two (and probably failed a couple) it's pretty easy.

I don't know if this has already been requested or if there is a separate thread for stuff like this but could someone make, or point me in the direction of something already made, the main houses in A Song Of Ice And Fire into Civilizations. The Civs would be at least the Starks, Baratheons, Lanisters, Tragaryen and perhaps the the Greyjoys. Here is where you can find detailed maps so that you can get city names for each of the civs as well as some ideas for unique units and buildings for each civ. I'm sure there may be a scenario that has the civs already but I would like to be able to play as the civs in a normal game and against the normal vanilla civs.

Again if this has already been done then if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated and if not if someone could do this I'd be more than happy to be a play tester for you and give as much feedback as I can.

I've an idea for a civilization unfortunately can't do it myself, but think should share.

Haiti

Leader: Chief Agüeybana

Perk: Paradise Found: Each city built and connected to capital increases happiness by +3.

How does this idea sound?

Unique Building: Batey Complex

Unique Unit: (kanoa) Canoe

Top Bottom