New Civilisations Index

Actually, I never considered that Tatar was spelt with only 1 "r"; not an oft' used word around these parts, so my enunciation of the word translated into my spelling, and it would seem that both have been wrong all this time :lol: Misspelt Elbling unwittingly though.

As I've experienced from being on Anglo-speaking Internet, most use the Tartars (2 r's), and those more proficient in East European history use Tatars (1 r). If I was to switch to English, I would also use "the Tartars (2 r) as their name, in spite of my formal Polish education, that would make me say "Tatarzy" or "Tatarzyni". :p

Iirc, the extra "r" was added as mistake in the middle-age, western Europe and it had its origin from mythological Tartar (well, europeans treat mongols as hell's horde). The oldest term found describes them as Tatars (wiki: Mongolic "Татар", Old Turkic tatar). And they are still people calling themselves Tatars.

However, I named the civ "the Tatars", so it was misspelt even if "Tartars" are also the correct term.

New Fictional Civ from me:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Funny Valentine's United States

Includes support for:

• Sukritact's Events and Decisions
  • JFD's Piety and Prestige
  • JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
  • Ethnic Units
  • Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack
  • Map Labels
  • Unique Cultural Influence
  • Civ IV Traits in Civ V (Aggressive/Charismatic)
  • Madoka Magica: Wish for the World
  • Community Balance Patch

"GRRRAAAAAGH! Why am I not on this list?! I'll get you for this!"

Would you mind adding Bowser (Super Mario Bros.) to the list, please? Thread link is here, the same as the one for Dad's Army.

Compatible with:
  • Cultural Diversity (Totalitarian)
  • Piety and Prestige
  • Civ IV Traits in Civ V (Aggresive/Imperialistic)

Also, the link to the Steam Workshop page for my Dad's Army civilization is here, and it's now compatible with:
  • Ethnic Units (English)
  • Dynamic Cultural Overview (included)
  • Cultural Diversity (Western)
  • Piety and Prestige
  • Civ IV Traits in Civ V (Mercantile/Protective)
  • Map Labels (English)

Hi, JFD. This is a new mod from me.

This mod based on Shin Koihime Musou game that based on real life history of Three Kingdom period in medieval China. ( Just put it into Frictional, JFD)

Credits to Vicevirtuoso, DarkScythe and bouncymischa. (JFD, you need to include their names also...)

Omfg you guys got yugoslavia? That was my old country before it got obliterated, thank you so much and god bless all the developers for making all of these civilizations, thank you so ing much!

Omfg you guys got yugoslavia? That was my old country before it got obliterated, thank you so much and god bless all the developers for making all of these civilizations, thank you so ing much!

There's even 2 of them for you: Kingdom of Yugoslavia and Yugoslavia SFR.

Might I request the inclusion of my Samanid Empire lead by Isma'il ibn Ahmad? :D (In whatever culture group Safavids and Timurids are in)
The only CS replacement is that Tadmur replaces Samarkand.
On my thread as usual.

Top Bottom