Fairy Tale

Pretty good. not downloading though. (seriously, i have almost no space left on my hard drive.)

Update 0.2.

Yeah! Here we go with zero point two then. There are four new scenarios; most of them depicting the beginning stages of civilization. You get to rule over fledgling colonies, or build a nation from start. That sort of stuff. My favourite one is "The Battle of the Oasis", where you lead a small Principality Colony in the middle of the desert trying to defend it against attacking skeletons.

Speaking of skeletons. There is now a new civ also - the undead. I challenge you to read their city names, because I'm quite proud of what my imagination achieved in that department. There's a new leaderhead, a Crystallin hottie who also has her own scenario.

And hotties. I've started reskinning units a bit. I want them to fit right in Fairy Tale. Therefore, the most important addition to the mod is that I have given the Collective Iron Angel archers bigger boobs, and made the Crystallin Archers look hotter in their black uniforms! Yeah! Talk about Fairy Tale!

Right. While you play 0.2, I'm going to start on 0.3. It's developing well, innit? Download Fairy Tale here.

And oh yeah! Manifold's map of Tolkien's Middle Earth is now included as well! Fully playable with the Fairy Tale civilizations on!

(Screenshots in a minute. I need a cig first...)

(There we are. I had two.)

It's only fifteen megs, nzk13. Fairy Tale is kept at 15,1 MB, since I am not adding any useless stuff. Yet. Just wait a month and this one will be 400 megs too as all the good mods. :p

OK. I am working on the .zip right now. Watch this space. I'll have it uploaded to a server in a minute.

I'll also publish all future updates of this mod in .zip. I used .rar, since it was used most when I was modding Oblivion and Morrowind.

...And here we are. Download Fairy Tale in .zip-format here!

k, the problem is I dont have winrar, because it requieres money, and i have a free alternative which, has cant read the extracted documents

WinRar does not requiere a payment.
If the trial time is over, it will just nerv you with a popup when you launch it, nothing more.

k, the problem is I dont have winrar, because it requires money, and i have a free alternative which, has cant read the extracted documents, this is the only scenario that this has affected me

Your free alternative doesn't sound too good though. Winrar is free, as The J says, and i think you should check it out. Game mods are often zipped in .rar, .zip or .7z even. Winrar does them all.

.Zip is the most common though, I am told. Check my post above. I have Fairy Tale in zip there! :)

Known Issue

Aargh! I forgot to fix this one with the latest update, but OK. If you experience missing Interface; like no minimap, status bars and an empty screen, you are probably using a mod like BUG or something. The fix is simple.

Open the .ini File (with reular Notepad) in the Fairy Tale folder and change your loading of custom assets to 0! Then try again. It should look like this in Fairy Tale's .ini-file.

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

This will be changed for ever from the next release on. I keep it at 1 because I want my Blue Marble landscape to work properly.

The mod sounds good and looks very promising so far, keep on the good work. :goodjob:
Also thanks for the kind words in your credits. I'm always happy to see that my units find a nice home. ;)

Yeah, SaibotLieh! I told you on your thread that I would use your units. I have a whole civ of warlike valkyries in here, and they need more units as I go, so I'll be using even more of your work in the future. You keep up the good work too, SaibotLieh, so I have more hot ladies to paste in here ;)

I'm through most of a game and have found this fun. I'm playing the Collective. I've had no issues with crashing. However, the game feels more fantasy than fairy tale at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

I'm not sure what the end game is though. With a number of later techs removed, there doesn't seem to be a cultural or diplomatic victory or space race. Is the intent just to fight and conquor the map?

Oh yes. As of now, you just conquer the enemy. It's a conquest victory.

I am currently writing Random Events. All of those are more traditional fairy tale, and I'm planning other things as well to get it to act as the fairy tale world I want. The Fantasy elements are good to begin with in creating the nations, and then throwing in cute and childish fairy tale elements into that warlike and aggressive world, will make for quite a lovely, humorous mix, I can assure you.

The random events I am writing right now are all quite bizarre but they will make for quite a lot of humour. One event tells you that a witch has appeared and is luring children to her cabin in the woods where she cooks and eats them! The player then has a choice. Either you have the guards hunt her down and hang her in the town square, or you invite her for dinner to share recipes! Haha! In the first case you gain gold and happiness in all your cities, and in the second, the witch joins your nation as a spy.

Yes. Random events will do a lot of good here. When I get the bleedin' things to work! I've been struggling with them for the past three days, and I'm just not getting the, to act as I want.

I made a new scenario for the mod tonight and playtested it. With the random events, it CtD'd, and without them, I played for two hours! I still need to do work on them, but right now, I just don't know what the problem is. I just cut them out of the mod and hope that tomorrow's a better day for modding.

I haven't planned for animated leader heads. I think these will suffice. It's a bit of a cheap way, but I can create any leaderhead I want this way. And that's a plus.

Update 0.3b

Here is update 0.3b. This update adds a scenario, several new units, buttons, random events and general corrections as well as a lot more. We have a dragon now, created by Deliverator! And to go with that, I added SaibotLeih's Modern Spy as Princess. Both are units that will be important to gameplay, and both look seriously cool.

The B in the Version specification just stands for the fact that I updated the file with all the buttons now during the evening. So there.

Version 0.3b has been thoroughly playtested by my high self, and contains no major errors. As always, if you run into problems, please write a line about it here on the thread. General opinions and suggestions are also wvery much welcome! Enjoy!

Download Version 0.3. of Fairy Tale. It's 17,6 MB's. So not too big yet!

Screenshots from a battle just outside the Angleeye Pass. The Vikings are going to the attack at the Collective hordes coming out of the pass. The Viking Warchief fought a lonely last stand in the middle of the pass, taking on the bulk of the Collective army. Viking troops have caused serious, but not irreparable, damage to the Collective right flank, but the Red troops are coming on in endless numbers. The Viking last defense at the Battle of Angleeye Pass is at one of the forts just east of there; forts are superior and strong in this mod and storming that one will take an effort from the Collective army that will be both bloody and take some time. In the screenshots we see some of the new units; the Dragon included! The Dragon did a good job in defending the Collective left.

And hotties. I've started reskinning units a bit. I want them to fit right in Fairy Tale. Therefore, the most important addition to the mod is that I have given the Collective Iron Angel archers bigger boobs, and made the Crystallin Archers look hotter in their black uniforms! Yeah! Talk about Fairy Tale!

:lol:

Awesome. :goodjob:

Top Bottom