Quick Questions and Answers

Question 1: windmill gives you 10% bonus when building buildings, does this bonus apply to wonders?

2. coffeehouse of Austria, they replace the windmill, are they any good?

Question 1: windmill gives you 10% bonus when building buildings, does this bonus apply to wonders?

2. coffeehouse of Austria, they replace the windmill, are they any good?
1. I don't believe so. Buildings and Wonders/Projects are separate buildable things as far the file XML files are concerned. Marble clarifies this a bit by explicitly stating its bonus applies to Wonders. If it does not specify any unit/building type, then the bonus is universal and applies to all production.

2. I like 'em. They have no terrain restriction like the windmill. Their production bonus is half as much as the windmill's (+5% vs +10%), but the windmill's bonus only applies to buildings while the coffee house's applies to everything (buildings, wonders, units, and even carries over into production->gold and production->research). If you're going for great people, the +25% great people production bonus is pretty nice, too.

I'm ashamed I don't know this after over 200 hours played. But why sometimes my units can't enter the water? I have optics, but I still can't enter the water? Why?

You have your answer but never feel ashamed. I have played over 5000 hours and every now and then I will suddenly realise some simple thing I just don't know. A week or so ago I realised I was never sure of what era I was in ( I just researched what I needed and the era didn't matter until espionage came back).

1. Can we add signs and/or draw on the map like with CIV?
2. Is there are similar function to CIV's "route-to" given 1UPT...can you set an "area" to go to or do you literally have to wrangle every unit into place?
3. Is there a way to have growth reminders come up for cities after size 6? I like to check a city after growth is this was something I liked with BUG in CIV.

I realise this is a bit of a "where are my features" post but I really miss these.

BUG for CiV please!

1. No
2. I would actually like to know that as well, but I haven't really felt the need to use it that often
3. Not that I am aware of
4. Info Addict is the CiV BUG.

People talk about hours they played so far all the time. Is there a place where this stat is on Steam? If so, I can't find it and would appreciate if someone could help me with that.

Thx

Make sure your Steam library is on 'detail view.' Click on the game in question and it should appear next to the play button. :)

How does the Babylonian UA work? I'm looking at my city screen and the amount of GP points needed to get a GS are the same for every other GP.

How does the Babylonian UA work? I'm looking at my city screen and the amount of GP points needed to get a GS are the same for every other GP.
The number of points required to get the GS doesn't change; instead, each time you earn points towards a GS, the number of points earned is increased by 50%.

How does a Citadel work in the case of an enemy unit occupying the Citadel that I build?
1. Does that enemy unit get the defence bonus?
2. Do the other enemy units adjacent to the Citadel still take damage even though there is an enemy unit in that Citadel?
3. Can the enemy pillage my Citadel?

I'm thinking about using a Citadel as a buffer to aid defend against England and I'm not sure whether I can hold it even with the defence bonus due to the massive horde of longbowmen. It would be kind of a spearhead and I don't have any real intrest of advancing further.

I recently settled a city that was 5 tiles away from Siam (meaning there was a 3 tile gap between our borders) and he complained about it being to close. This wasn't a coastal city where I've seen overseas civs make stupid complaints but a landlocked city.

My question how close is considered to close?

Is there a difference between playing OCC and playing a normal game w/o finding another city or capturing an ai city (Do number of beakers, maintenance, and policy cost change?) Thanks.

Differing DLC in muiltiplayer? How does it work.

Buddy and me only play 'comp stomp style'(IE: him and me v a bunch of AI) and was wondering how varrying sets of DLC would work. I'm intending to purchase all the DLC and he isn't.(or just a few). Would we only be able to play if one of us disables the DLC the other doesn't have..etc.

Is there a difference between playing OCC and playing a normal game w/o finding another city or capturing an ai city (Do number of beakers, maintenance, and policy cost change?) Thanks.

OCC setting means you can't settle new cities even if you wanted to and I think if you capture a city it auto razes (not totally sure about that though). Otherwise no difference.

I'm playing through deity difficulty right now and am hanging on with a very strong navy, but little else. i've just tech'd to flight and want to get the most bang for my buck out of my fighters.

what promotions do i need to have in order to get Logistics for my fighters? what is the quickest route to logistics for air units (both fighters and bombers)?

thanks.

hi guys!
I want to change the appearance of mechanized infantry to make them look exactly like Infantry
please help.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom