Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more interested in that 5 commerce coast. :eek: Financial, Golden Age and Colossus?

Actually, I think that's the worst bug in the game.

I couldn't let the thread die, so in lieu of something actually funny, I present a 6000-word story in the form of dramatically fewer words, and 6 images:

They say you should never fight a land war in Asia, and sure enough, Bismarck of China decided he didn't like me sharing the former Viking lands with him:

Spoiler :

I don't think I've seen a stack that big in quite some time. Note the mini-stack Bismarck's lackey, Julius Caesar, has to the north of Uppsala: that's another ~30 units or so.

That MArty and MG obviously have no hope of resisting, so they and the Bomber beat a retreat to Birka. Birka's got some better defenses:

Spoiler :

Better, but obviously not good enough: despite killing 20 attacking Artillery, Birka fell easily to the onslaught.

Spoiler :

Yes, that is a 185 unit stack. :crazyeye:

Note, if you will, that Bismarck's stack is almost entirely composed of 1-move units... which meant it needed several turns to even get to Birka. Which gave me time to violate my personal no-nukes rule. Hey, I'm 2.6% away from Domination... gimme a break.

Here's the Chinese garrison of Birka and the Chinese assault stack, conveniently 1 tile apart:
Spoiler :

And here they are, 1500 hammers of ICBMs (2), later:
Spoiler :

Holy Powergraph changes, batman! :nuke:

I feel a little bad about the nuking... but there comes a point where you don't want to move around enough units to deal with a 208-unit AI force.

That tech differential though- as you say, more beautiful than funny. Still, that was one fine nuking. You can show that episode to any unbelieving dog who advocates for 1 UPT.

Was looking through my religion adviser (advisor? I don't know) and I thought to myself "Man, Christ was born a very long time 'before Christ'". I suppose it's not really that funny, I just found it amusing.

I should note too: I have "choose religions" turned on.

Image from the same game. I think he senses the impending doom... no of course you can't have my uranium so you can nukify me... because I need it to nukify you! muhah muahahh! MUAHAHAHAH!!

Byzantium "Hey der, can i of into havings yuo uranium? I gib rice!"
USA/Rossiya "umm no..."
Byzantium "Plox??"
Rossiya/USR "... nyet, yuo is of gib clay back to me now..."
Byzantine "Rosía no... :("
I might draw one up tomorrow or the next day, but you can use your imagination until then right?

Ummnn, Well ok. I'm all about experiencing different combinations.

Spoiler :
Friendly Negotiations.JPG

Lucky with the huts, The7Sins?

I've got another funny-odd (vs. funny-ha-ha) one.

Spoiler :

I razed the Russian city on that island turns before this screen shot, but the two tiles stubbornly stayed marked as Russian territory when they should have gone back to being unclaimed.

Lucky with the huts, The7Sins?

I've got another funny-odd (vs. funny-ha-ha) one.

Spoiler :

I razed the Russian city on that island turns before this screen shot, but the two tiles stubbornly stayed marked as Russian territory when they should have gone back to being unclaimed.

Indeed. First hut popped Animal Husbandry. Second hut popped Writing. Third Aesthetics. And a fourth with Horseback Riding which is for once needed as my UU is a Horse Archer replacement.

What I find baffling is that Russia was sharing that island with a Barb city and never bothered to kill it AND that you never tried to kill it while razing Russia's city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom