Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

Your plan is as good as anything I can think of, so go for it.

Turn 80: Finish moving units.

Turn 81: Move units.

Turn 82: Discover Old Faithful!
Spoiler :
Move units. Rome and Russia make peace.

Turn 83: Clear Barb camp near Belgrade. We are now friends with Belgrade (Militaristic). We are now friends with Genoa (Maritime). Clear barb camp near Sidon and choose to keep the Worker (immediately regret decision). We meet Darius of Persia.
Spoiler :
Settler is born in Gao. Begin building Stone Works.

Turn 84: We finish researching Currency.
Spoiler :
Begin researching Construction. Caesar completes Stonehenge. Kill barb near Sidon.

Turn 85: Jenne grows to size 3. Adopt Representation, a Golden Age Dawns. Kill barb near Sidon. Now friends with Sidon (Militaristic). Great Lighthouse is built in far away land.

Turn 86: Meet Kathmandu (Cultured with nearby Whales).
Spoiler :
Jenne finishes a Monument. Begin building a Library.

Turn 87: Finish Researching Construction. Begin researching Chivalry. Russia denounces Iroquois. Gao completes Stone Works, begin Circus. We found Taghaza and begin building a Monument.
Spoiler :

Sorry it's in Strategic View, accident.

Turn 88: Hiawatha asks us to attack Catherine, I politely decline. We meet Siam.
Spoiler :

Turn 89: Catherine asks for an unbalanced RA, I decline. Vienna asks us to destroy a barb camp but it is pretty far away. Gao completes a Circus and begins building a Horseman.

Turn 90: We are no longer friends with Sidon. Tombouctu finishes the Water Mill, I leave the build to the next player.

State of our empire:
Spoiler :

Great potential city site:
Spoiler :

Newly discovered Civs:
Spoiler :

Demographics:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Goz_Askia_0090 BC-0625.Civ5Save
    795.5 KB · Views: 61
Nice turnset, jeffah! :goodjob:

Except for the last turn, I like all possible units moved before the next player takes his turns. This is not a bashing, but I could move or end turn on 4 workers, so really it makes the game easier for the next player to get in to.

Well, the exception is when we are at war, then we might leave a few units unmoved, so the player can use some strategy. But workers in peace is not really in that scenario. I actually moved everything that could be moved and made some decisions for builds and teching....and I have a save for that, if that's passable.

jeffeh, I have no idea on how to use RA's the best, but if we would finish fishing and IW before 6 turns (we can do both in 5t atm) will that somehow make chivalry better as a RA-tech? We have a RA with Hiawatha that gets done by turn 86.

First off for this reasoning, we already have two cities that could use a workboat, CAP and the last city soon. IW is always interesting for me, IF we got 4-6 of iron, we sell most of them.

If we're not using my moderated save, then I will tell the WHOLE STORY! :lol:

The city-site to the west is nice, but I would've put it ONTOP of the spices and gather another banana in the long run. That place is just another powerhouse to become true, but we would need the bananas to use all those hills.

In my new save a worker is already improving Taghaza's horses, Jenne will have 6 more horses before we know it, do we really need another city?

Also, within the city, lock ppl on to certain tiles and while growing use production/gold focus for the next new citizen to jump to...and always check them after the turn so they go on another foodtile.

Btw, roster:

SLH -> UP
gozpel
JK as in just kidding?
Sprattige ;)
jeffeh again

Nice, I will check out the save and play tomorrow, so you have som time to influence the game. I guess now it's time to prepare for war. Too bad you get all the fun gozpel ;) As long as we have at least four mandus we should be able to just rip through england without significant losses. I don't want to go for another settler anytime soon. We will get a lot of new cities anyway through war.

Hey! this week is spring break for me! So hurry up and give me my save! ;)

Really good turns. I agree completely with gozpel on the city site. Certainly if we research a cheap tech before RA expires, we'll get a better RA bonus.
And despite not having to expand, another city can do no harm, right? Maybe we can let another Civ to take the spot and then take it... up to you.

"jeffeh, I have no idea on how to use RA's the best, but if we would finish fishing and IW before 6 turns (we can do both in 5t atm) will that somehow make chivalry better as a RA-tech? We have a RA with Hiawatha that gets done by turn 86."

I think this is important, since I don't really understand the medians. IF it is as I understand, we might get all 3 techs in the same time as researching Chivalry alone?

We need colloseums in CAP and Tomboucto, but we can always make a swap SLH? I never shied from a war, but I love the set them up more. :)

I already saved the "fixed" last turn, with the idea of Fishing/IW for 5 turns, then Chivalry for RA. Surely we should shave a couple of turns on Chivalry by doing that? 11 atm, grabbing said techs, wouldn't an RA give us more than 5 turns? I bet at least 8-9 turns.

jeffeh! We need your input! :)

The biggest problem we have now is happiness, we're at +3 right now and that will wither away really fast, so if we can't exchange luxes NEXT TURN, we will be deep in sorrow when we attack.

So even if we hate Englands second city, we should keep it for the gold income. She hasn't built another city as I can see, so we will get hatred. Do we care, with a possible 14 Mandu's in 2 turnsets? Not even considering if we should buy a CS soon or so, someone with a new luxury and maybe a couple of horses.

I have looked into the save, and it seems like it we could almost go to war this turnset. We should get chivalry with the RA. I don't see a way to increase our median at all. It looks like we could have around 5 mandus at 96-98. Do we go to war then? I say yes. In that case, do we take york first or do we go immediately to london?

Also, i assume we are going to puppet most of the cities that we take.

I have looked into the save, and it seems like it we could almost go to war this turnset. We should get chivalry with the RA. I don't see a way to increase our median at all. It looks like we could have around 5 mandus at 96-98. Do we go to war then? I say yes. In that case, do we take york first or do we go immediately to london?

Also, i assume we are going to puppet most of the cities that we take.

Is that with teching Fishing and IW first or just teching Chivalry?

We have a scarcher by Tomboucto, maybe send him down to England and see what's going on there, maybe a horse too only for info?

If it was my own game I would've killed York, but if the luxes are sorted it's still a decent city. Goldwise, nothing else.

I think we take London first, the stronger defense will be there, tear it down and just wait for the AI to hate us. No problems, we will have 14 Mandu's soon enough to kill even hoplites.

IW and fishing would do nothing to help us

I went ahead and played :p

91: we get back sugar from alex and i sell it again to rammy, since we have 2 sugar.

92: I build a colloseum in gao while waiting for horses.

93: We get an archer from belgrade!

94: Cathy declares on caesar

96: The RA finishes and we are now one turn from chivalry. I start to build 2 new horsemen in Gao and Tombouctu. I notice we are at -8(!) gold and do my best to help it. We are still negative however. I guess it's the unit maintenance.

97: Chivalry finishes and i upgrade our horsemen.

99: two new horsemen are built and i upgrade them.

100: Cathy and rome makes peace.

I checked out england
Spoiler :

This is our army
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Demographics looks very nice, especially first in soldiers :)

Other notes are that york has 12 iron nearby and that i forgot about the science queue. That led to researching theology which might not have been my choice.

Attachments

• Goz Askia 100.Civ5Save
    823.9 KB · Views: 45
Lurker's comment: I think you really should be doing something with those Mandekalu's, you have a good force just now. You're running a deficit because of your units, they should be doing something to earn their pay!
What also should be considered is putting some money in a CS. You have a few unimproved sugars in your territory. If you improve and sell them, it gives you more possibilities financially.

Three words only: Time. For. War. :)

Nice turnset, jeffah! :goodjob:

Except for the last turn, I like all possible units moved before the next player takes his turns. This is not a bashing, but I could move or end turn on 4 workers, so really it makes the game easier for the next player to get in to.

Well, the exception is when we are at war, then we might leave a few units unmoved, so the player can use some strategy. But workers in peace is not really in that scenario. I actually moved everything that could be moved and made some decisions for builds and teching....and I have a save for that, if that's passable.

jeffeh, I have no idea on how to use RA's the best, but if we would finish fishing and IW before 6 turns (we can do both in 5t atm) will that somehow make chivalry better as a RA-tech? We have a RA with Hiawatha that gets done by turn 86.

I usually avoid moving things or making builds on the last turn so I don't lock the next player into moves they may not like. I didn't realize that all the Workers and such needed moves though.

How RA's work: They give you 50% of the :c5science: of the median (as opposed to mean) tech. What this means is that if you have 5 techs available it gives you half of the :c5science: of the 3rd most valuable tech. If you have 6 techs available it gives you 50% of the average of the 3rd and 4th most valuable tech. For us, we had Sailing-48:c5science:, IW-104:c5science:, Engineering-302:c5science:, Theology-302:c5science:, and Chivalry-533:c5science:. So the median value is 302 and we get 50% of that for the RA. If we researched Sailing and IW our available techs would be: Optics-77:c5science:, Metal Casting-302:c5science:, Engineering-302:c5science:, Theology-302:c5science:, and Chivalry-533:c5science:. So our median of the 5 techs is still 302:c5science: so there is no change. The only way to increase the value of a RA is to manipulate which tech is your median tech. :eek2: I was told there would be no math...

BTW, sorry bout the research queue. I wanted to make sure that if there was overflow from the RA that it went into decent techs. I didn't think you would be playing before I woke up in the morning.;)

Three words only: Time. For. War. :)

Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! :viking::c5war:

Watch out, I did see that England had a Catapult earlier. I would have originally said to raze York but that Iron is valuable. We could raze it and replace it with our own city where we want if we want. Not worth the effort if you ask me.

I personally vote that we go on a rampage :mwaha:. After we clear out England we could keep building Mandus and send them north for Rome. Neapolis will eventually have a Marble, Rome has Spices, and Cumae has Incense. Meritocracy will help our happiness issues and we could take a free Great Engineer from finishing Liberty and use him to rush Notre Dame. For this reason I suggest we research Education next so that we can time the tech with our next policy. It isn't a big deal if we go a little unhappy for a little while as long as we keep building our power.

Sure... my only concern is gold... my eyes shine at its sight, and watching it go away makes me do saad :(

Well, anyways, we should go for York. NOW ;)
The cotton will counter the unhappiness and we will be able to sell the second so to have a greater pool or counter the losses. Their units are few and we can easily crush them in few turns (conquering at least one of the cities in the process)

I usually avoid moving things or making builds on the last turn so I don't lock the next player into moves they may not like. I didn't realize that all the Workers and such needed moves though.
Lurker's comment: I don't think rules are needed for small things like that, but if the person who started the thread wants it, then fine.

Is JoanK up? It's not clear what the roster is.

Now there's Gozpel, and then me.

Hey guys, I'm baaaAack!

I see the word war is now being used. This pleases Sparthage, as Sparthage can now play again.

Hey guys, I'm baaaAack!

I see the word war is now being used. This pleases Sparthage, as Sparthage can now play again.

Now they are crawling out of the woodworks! :crazyeye:
Your turn soon and welcome to my game. j/k

Thanks for the explanation, jeffeh, I understand a bit better now.

Right, my turns.

I will assault Lizzy in turn 2 with what we have, I probably denounce her the turn before.

I can figure cities out so no growth happens, but buildings and units are still happening, we'll be unhappy in one turn so I will strangle growth for production. Will connect 2-3 sugars during my turns and sell them.

York is a keeper, I was so annoyed she put it there before....only to discover now the city will have 18! iron in the big fat...erh...shape!

I wish we had a way to speed up culture, atm it will take 13 turns for the finish of Liberty, but we proceed as said and take it when we CAN take it, and might be a little bit unhappy for a few turns. After Liberty of course the 4 free Mud Mosques, right?

Noone has anything to sell as in luxes, but Siam I will sell OB for 50g.

Vienna still wants a barbcamp destroyed, it's next to neapolis, but we can't afford to send a horse there, I might send the scarcher over there. It will still take 6-7-8 turns, but it might be worth it and we still have an archer and a warrior at home. If it's not taken, I would use a little gold to become ally with Vienna, this would help us go through maybe Honor?

Otherwise nothing really I can think about. I'll play this tomorrow around this time, so give me some ideas if you have any. :)

Almost forgot teching, I WILL take fishing if it's one turn only, a boat in capitol would be nice. A non-riverside cap is so blunt, so every gold you can get there early is...yeah golden.

So I really, really want a fishing boat there.

Pretty please?

Top Bottom