Best AI ploy I ever saw.

very difficult to deal with until at least cannon since, while I can raze the forts with a big effort, I can't get rid of them without capturing Copenhagen which is extremely difficult at my current tech level and have to maintain constant war since as soon as I make peace they fix the forts.

Ugh. I couldn't believe the AI did that to me.

You don't need to wait for cannon. Build 5 or 6 Galleass and pound that city from the sea.

If he has access to the sea he could wait for 5 or 6 Galleass but thats very easy to counter with 2-3 Triremes which for some reason AI don't use it at all.

One cunning plan the AI seems very keen on now is offering you a DOF and as soon as you accept it just spamming a city right next to your capital. Napoleon just did this to me...it was very annoying (as Im sure he knew). I couldn't denounce him or declare war because of the negative diplo modifier.

You'll say "you shouldn't have accepted" but he was a long way away from me - and I wanted to sell him some horses for straight up coin which he had.

Should play with the "hex conquer and release" mod, it let's you take back land with military :)

You can only put a fort in your own territory, and I'm fairly sure it also doesn't hook up the resource for you. I don't think there's any way to reclaim those spots short of taking Copenhagen.

Nope - You can build citadels outside of your territory, including in enemy territory. They just have to be adjacent to your borders

You can only put a fort in your own territory, and I'm fairly sure it also doesn't hook up the resource for you. I don't think there's any way to reclaim those spots short of taking Copenhagen.

You can only put citadel in your territory if you are at peace, if at war you can go adjacent to it and grab his citadel. If you are placing in neutral territory you can also be adjacent, unless something changed in BNW.

Also all great tile improvements hook up strategics, but not luxes.

But I never played Poland before! I just wanted my Hussars!

They are certainly awesome! Though, somehow I thought they'd be upgrades of knights instead of the normal pikemen, but anyway. Mt Kilamonjaro gives a double-move in hills promo, so imagine that along with a 5 moving hussar :cool:

Top Bottom