Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Lets see:

Wonders culture: 21*3=62
Palace Culture: 10 (5 I think 10 with monarchy)
Cathedral Culture: 31 pop*2=62
Regligion and printing press: 2
Couthouse culture from Magna Carta: 31 (If you are right)
Incense(or whatever the resource that gives culutre is called, lets say you have 2)=4
62+10+62+2+31+4=171
Then with Shakespears Theater it would be 342 culture every turn, wich is huge!

Will there be a version for Wii?

Well, that's bad news. But thank you.

Two questions, possibly related:

1. Do the cultural ratings - 'disgusting', 'uncivilized', 'sophisticated', IIRC - have any effect in game, or are they just a monitor of overall culture generation?

2. What criteria have to be met to trigger a 'We Love the King' day?

Two questions, possible related:

1. Do the cultural ratings - 'disgusting', 'uncivilized', 'sophisticated', IIRC - have any effect in game, or are they just a monitor of overall culture

I'm pretty sure it's sort of an "at a glance" idea of where your culture levels are (culture/population) which in turn reflects your resistance to being flipped by other cultures. Perhaps others could give a more substantial answer.

Hey all,

Anyone know if the full game supports different languages (the demo doesn't)? Mainly interested in Spanish.

Also: I am an avid Civ 3 and 4 fanatic and read some of the reviews saying it is 'light on strategy'. Would some of the hardcore 3 & 4 players agree with this or do you feel it is a great game on its on merit complete with its own strategic depth?

As someone who first discovered Civ with Civ 3, and Has since gotten and loved all of civ 3's expansions, civ 4 and it's expansions, Civ 4 Colonization, and Revolutions:

I would say a more appropriate description would be "streamlined". There's still plenty of strategy there, especially for those who play multiplayer. There are some things it does better than the pc versions in terms of strategy IMO; the importance of having money being one such example.

EDIT: I am far from a "hardcore" civ 3/4 player though

Thanks MooPoo. That helps a lot.

Can anyone confirm if it supports Spanish dialogue/text?

I'm pretty sure it's sort of an "at a glance" idea of where your culture levels are (culture/population) which in turn reflects your resistance to being flipped by other cultures. Perhaps others could give a more substantial answer.

Okay, thanks for the info. Anyone know what triggers a 'We Love the King Day', then?

Two questions, possibly related:

1. Do the cultural ratings - 'disgusting', 'uncivilized', 'sophisticated', IIRC - have any effect in game, or are they just a monitor of overall culture generation?

2. What criteria have to be met to trigger a 'We Love the King' day?

1. IT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THE GAME. An unsophisticated Civilization gets less great people and their borders are lower.

If you look, you can see how much culture you're sending out per turn and how much you need for your next great person. Low culture will get you those great people at a slower rate. Also, your borders. Notice how the french will have a lot of territory with only two cities. That's because their cathedral is pumping out a lot of culture in the early game, giving them more room to expand, and overall more land. Plus, your cities can be culturally flipped without good culture. Only City Walls can save them, and if someone else builds hollywood, then you're screwed. Only your capital would be safe.

Also, the less borders will let someone else's city gain the resource squares you might need for your city.

2. You must have A LOT of culture in that city, enough to the point where your people are "happy" and you also must be sending out a lot of culture out per turn. Also, to get another "We love the king day" in the same city, it will take more culture.

Remember, Great people, wonders, temples, cathedrals, they all give culture. Culture is very important.

Prepare for a really n00b question here, but how do I make unit's defend other unit's for example if I have Catapult's how can i make Horsemen defend them when they get attacked?

Thanks In Advance.

1. IT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH THE GAME. An unsophisticated Civilization gets less great people and their borders are lower.

If you look, you can see how much culture you're sending out per turn and how much you need for your next great person. Low culture will get you those great people at a slower rate. Also, your borders. Notice how the french will have a lot of territory with only two cities. That's because their cathedral is pumping out a lot of culture in the early game, giving them more room to expand, and overall more land. Plus, your cities can be culturally flipped without good culture. Only City Walls can save them, and if someone else builds hollywood, then you're screwed. Only your capital would be safe.

Also, the less borders will let someone else's city gain the resource squares you might need for your city.

Thanks for explaining, but I know all that; my question is whether actually moving from 'disgusting' to 'uncivilized', for example, causes anything in and of itself, or if it is merely an effect of producing a certain amount of culture.

2. You must have A LOT of culture in that city, enough to the point where your people are "happy" and you also must be sending out a lot of culture out per turn. Also, to get another "We love the king day" in the same city, it will take more culture.

Hmm, what do you mean by 'happy'? It's basically a high ratio of culture-to-population?

Prepare for a really n00b question here, but how do I make unit's defend other unit's for example if I have Catapult's how can i make Horsemen defend them when they get attacked?

Thanks In Advance.

Hi Raynard, it is the unit with the highest defense rating that is getting attacked when you have multiple units in one square. You cannot chose which unit should do the defense, it just happens according to defense strength. It also considers if a unit is "hurt", e.g., an archer can be the one defending even if you have a rifleman unit in the same square, if the rifleman unit is hurt.

Hope this explains it for you.

...my question is whether actually moving from 'disgusting' to 'uncivilized', for example, causes anything in and of itself, or if it is merely an effect of producing a certain amount of culture.

Straight to the point: It is merely an effect of producing a certain amount of culture. It does not directly do anything for you in the game.

Hertsh - Thanks that clears things up a bit. Basically it uses it's AI to decide which one is better equipped to take my damage for me. :)

Straight to the point: It is merely an effect of producing a certain amount of culture. It does not directly do anything for you in the game.

Ah, okay. Thank everyone for the help!
- :)

i know this is a stupid question ... civ rev is a pc game or only for xbox and sooo ????

Top Bottom