ISDG ~ Ruleset

You don't wait for an answer while it is your turn. You wait for an answer while the other teams are playing. If you don't get an answer when you get the turn save again, then you fire off a request to the Referees.

You can't wait for an answer till next turn, because meanwhile your galley most likely is feeding the fish by that time. This is why I think this rule is so important. Otherwise the game would be completely different from a single player game: virtually in all my single player games I have entered an AI's territory, when one of my galleys managed to cross over to another continent and made contact. In 99% of the cases you simply can't stay outside without loosing your galley. And I never thought of this as something special (and apparently neither was the AI... they never kicked me out, yet...)
Why should in our game making contact be so completely different from a "normal" game?

1. I have been kicked out by the AI for just entering their land or waters.

2. So what if it's real easy to abuse the AI. I never said the AI was very bright. You probably pick on disadvantaged kids too. We are not AI. This is a human game. As I said to I. Larkin in a chat, if I wanted my neighbors determining my foreign policy, your definition of the rule would be fine. Your problem is I don't want my neighbors deciding what my Foreign Policy is, so stay out until I make up my mind.

Ending turn in enemy territory must always need war or explizit RoP. If you enter territory without permition, than you play a risky game. Other team has to right not to answer you. No Aswer means no RoP, so you lose worthy time and galley or you need to DoW.
I strongly disagree with that. Curragh is harmless unit and just only ones in the game (priory to contact) we can make an exception. Just allow to ask for RoP at the end of turn, without time settings. I believe referee should encourage players for diplomatic solution rather then force to Declare of War.

Harmless? Your Curragh are spies, they are meant to suck information from the sands of our shores, anything they can get there hands on. If you want information, then pay for it. And pay for it before you enter my lands or my water.

:shake: Guys, guys , guys...

What are you doing here? To me this discussion is complete nonsense. If a team leaves a unit within another teams borders and the latter team does not like it, they should declare war! And if they do not have the means to eliminate the unit, well that is their problem. Be prepared, or suffer the consequences...

Just the fact that e.g. in Civ IV it is not possible to enter enemy borders without declaring war, we do not need to adopt that rule here. THIS IS C3C!!

If I should play the turn at some time, I will definately consult my lawyer before. This is getting 'a little bit' complicated for me now...:rolleyes:

Trust me, Calis. It will be cheaper to pay for the information than consult your lawyer. :D

Harmless? Your Curragh are spies, they are meant to suck information from the sands of our shores, anything they can get there hands on. If you want information, then pay for it. And pay for it before you enter my lands or my water.
There is no way to pay for information before contact established.
C3C already have strong inclination to military solutions you only excalate this style.

:) Well, then I guess you'll just have to use your C3C prowess to figure out a different way of making contact. If that isn't possible, I guess you'll have to wait. :)

And I am escalating nothing. I'm not telling you to go to war. You have plenty of alternatives. If you turn to violence, like most people do, it is by your choosing.

OK, I will look at the final version of "rules". If it will be full of nonseces like this I will think seven times, before enter the game.

I would really like you to stay I. Larkin. It's just a procedure that you're not accustomed to. And very little meaning to the whole game.

Welcome back, Furiey.

I would really like you to stay I. Larkin. It's just a procedure that you're not accustomed to. And very little meaning to the whole game.
This is what I spoted at once. Also 5.1-5.3 still need to be polished. Relationship of team - referees, still no any draft. e.g. timing of this procedure and what clock will do during this.

What start and what apriori information teams will have. Progress of Conference of 4 is very slow.

And when?

A case in point about the "first contact" rule. In the PBEM CDG1, My Tribe started on an island. I have not yet researched Map Making, but my Curragh has already made "first contact" with two Tribes, yet I have not once entered another tribes borders (on land or water). This is not a difficult process.

We have not had much in the way of updates or progress snapshots from Lanzelot about the Council of 4. :mischief:

I have tried to express some of my thoughts via email, because there are no discussions here. I have also made comments at the CivForum site. In fact, just earlier today, I made a post there asking for them to make a new thread in which they would list all the known game setting, all the restrictions, everything all teams will need to know to properly approach the game.

We need a thread like that here also, so that we have a place for easy reference, plus a place to post questions and comments about these things. Lanzelot? :mischief:

I'll try my best. But reading all the relevant discussion threads and polls on both forums and then condensing it into a summary easily takes 2-3 hours... I'm currently spending as much time on the ISDG (and on my PBEMs, since I don't want to keep my fellow PBEMers waiting) as real life allows me. Can't go any faster, (and sometimes I need to sleep, too...) so please bear with me.

I do hope, however, that we now have the worst behind us... There are very precise polls on all map parameters here, so there shouldn't be that much room for interpretation...

Cheers, Lanzelot

This was discussed earlier at CiFo. The answer was that we here at CFC do not play with SGL.

Top Bottom