[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

Yep, its empty, im gonna try reinstalling it to see any changes, this is the first time i got a problem like this with a mod, im wondering if its because of the installation process, since all the other mods i used, including RevolutionDCM, are in zip format, instead of WolfRev, which uses an installer

Ok i fixed the problem, the issue was that i merged this modpack with the XXL mod without skipping the DLL :p, now it works perfectly

And just as a whim, is it posible to make the DLL have the max number of civs of 50 or more??, i like playing with all civs and i want to have some room for colonies, but since i cant go over 34 civs i cant have them, i would really love to have more room for it since i use gigantic maps.

And just as a whim, is it posible to make the DLL have the max number of civs of 50 or more??, i like playing with all civs and i want to have some room for colonies, but since i cant go over 34 civs i cant have them, i would really love to have more room for it since i use gigantic maps.
You would need to petition glider1 in the RevolutionDCM thread to get this changed. I like the idea, but I don't do C++

I just noticed something, on the lower right side of the interface, where the civ banner goes, no matter what civ i choose, is always white, no design nor flag on it, is that a bug or something??, im trying to look for the folder where the civ flags are stored to change this, but i cant find it

Make sure you also check all airunits for DCM tags in the XML. ;)

Is there a program that will run through an XML file and add missing tags to each block? I'd rather not have to do this manually, I know I'll have to manually set the values of the tags for certain units, but that's OK. I really don't want to have to add the missing tags to every unit manually.

Can someone tell me what is the lasest version of the Wolfrevolution Mod.

I am just about finished a game and was using Rev. 1_0_5.

So would like to get the most up-to-date one before starting my next game.

p.s also a link to the location would be appreciated

Is there a program that will run through an XML file and add missing tags to each block? I'd rather not have to do this manually, I know I'll have to manually set the values of the tags for certain units, but that's OK. I really don't want to have to add the missing tags to every unit manually.

Do you use WinMerge? If not, you should try it. You can compare whole directories, and it'll tell you what files are different. You can then click each file to visually see the differences, and then accept to edit or skip an entry, and automatically go to the next difference.

Yeah, WinMerge has been useful, but I don't think it'll do that (add the DCM tags to each unit's block of data), at least if it can, I don't know how to do it. I do know that WinMerge isn't perfect, for instance I can't use it to compare one version of the Wolfshanze mod to the next, it gets too confused. For some files it's useful, but not for all.

for instance I can't use it to compare one version of the Wolfshanze mod to the next, it gets too confused.
I am too smart for any computer to figure out my methods!

PM me your email address and I'll send you an updated unitinfos file with the DCM tags. You can adjust the values for the ranged units as you see fit!

I can't use it to compare one version of the Wolfshanze mod to the next, it gets too confused.

That is because, for some reason, Wolfshanze regularly changes the order in which the units are listed in the unitinfos.xml. ;)

That is because, for some reason, Wolfshanze regularly changes the order in which the units are listed in the unitinfos.xml. ;)
I hate(d) the order the default game had them listed... the order they are in the XML file is the order they are listed in the World Builder... I change(d) the unit order to have the WB make more sense and be easier to find units.

hi after playing one singleplayer game of this I decided to play it on the LAN with my housemate.

I turned off what I believed to be mulitplayer incompatible components, ie revolution. I also had DCM off and start as minor civs off

I did have barbarian cities + Tech diffusion on.

Anyhow the game plays well but the list of AI/opponents on the bottom of the right of the screen seems to disappear which makes things very hard. You have to press F4 to talk to them and its hard to get an idea of whose in the lead etc.

any help ?

Anyhow the game plays well but the list of AI/opponents on the bottom of the right of the screen seems to disappear which makes things very hard. You have to press F4 to talk to them and its hard to get an idea of whose in the lead etc.
I'm not sure how to fix this, or entirely what the problem is. Hopefully someone can help you. But if not, the next release of WolfRevolution will be updated to the current BUG and Revolutions versions, which fixes alot of the messiness of the scoreboard, and conflicts between Revolutions and BUG. So I'd wager a dollar and a donought this problem is solved. I'm just waiting on the next version of RevDCM to be released to update WolfRevolution. glider1, the maker of RevDCM has stated he's almost got it ready, just doing some touch up testing with inquisitions, so it should be soon.

The only remaining problem with Revolutions components and Multiplayer revolve around revolutions specifically. It should be completely compatible with all other components. As for the problems with Revolutions and MP, there can be some OOS errors that occure from revolutions pop ups, and these pop ups and other RevIdx information is available to all human players (a serious problem, you don't want someone you're playing against to know your troubled cities). This is on jdog5000s to do list, but it's a long way off, probably a couple of months. He needs to move his code over to make the Rev events and pop ups embeded in the events system, this will fix the issues and make Revolutions MP supported, but it's a lot of work. So while it's coming, expect a while before MP is fully fixed.

I am enjoying the mod but cannot figure out how to toggle the mod features on and off. I see the box when I load the mod telling me what features are on/off but have no idea how to change them. Please Help!!!!!

I am enjoying the mod but cannot figure out how to toggle the mod features on and off. I see the box when I load the mod telling me what features are on/off but have no idea how to change them. Please Help!!!!!

I just got done reading through this entire thread and I have to say, with all due respect, READ THE THREAD. Or just the OP.
Nothing personal, but this question has come up time and again, while the answer has been politely posted time and again.

Great MOD, I love all the features.
Someone had mentioned the unit names and didn't like it--I love it! The only odd thing is that the name remains after an upgrade, so you're Spearman that you upgraded to a Pikeman will still be called "Tours Spearman 5", for example.
This isn't bad, though, because you realize, "Oh, I upgraded him!"

One question: how hard would it be to merge WolfeRevolutions with Giant Earth Map?
I love GEM, it's down right awesome for scale and civs, and all, but how nice would 34 civs be on that map?
It's like chocolate and peanut-butter!

Anyway, thanks for an awesome set-up. Great MOD!

Chuck.

you can merge the XXL mod safely on the modpack, just copypaste whats inside the XXL folder, but remember to skip de .DLL file and voilà, a perfect 34+ map

Top Bottom