Game of Thrones

Since dan83m's question wasn't answered, can someone please explain how to install this mod? I just bought the game a few days ago from Steam and have only gotten mods from them so I'm a bit clueless. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Can someone upload this to the Steam Workshop? After looking around, it seems you can't install free-standing mods anymore after the patch update a few days ago.

I can play the original Game of Thrones mod, but the version 8.1 update is not working. I even manually pasted files into the version 8 and updated, but nothing. Please help?

the recent steam update broke most mods that use custom units and civs and until the author updates his mod I would not try to play it unless someone else can verify it works correctly.

The original Game of Thrones 8.0 version (on page 1) is terrific and works well for the most part! Any of the patches and additions seem to hurt the original and create problems.

Did any of you get the map to work too? That was the only thing that didn't work for me. There are two Westros maps in the Steam workshop now though.

Is anyone having problems with the game crashing at the first event of naval combat? I haven't had a problem with mods until the Gods and Kings expansion...any fixes yet? Thanks!

Lawtalkinguy...for your modifications do I only need to put them in the correct folders? And should I delete the gamedata.xml that is already there? I am getting a blank screen when I try to start a new game. Thanks!

Hello,

Only the original 8.0 is working. Lawtalking as a lot of good ideas, but it still needs a lot of implementation.

The mod is not working with G&K, it also need a lot of work to adapt it to the extension. I am keeping an eye of what is happening, I am really happy to see Danrell new graphics, but for now I can't find the time (a lot is needed) to work further on the mod.

Maybe later. :)
See you.

Kwadjh

I'd love to continue working on this mod, but is there a way to get modbuddy either on a mac or some other way to get it on a PC without the Stream version of the game?

Let me know and I'll dedicate the time to continue working this Mod. You can only do so much just editing the .xml files.

On another note, is it me or are cities incredibly strong and can wipe out units in one bombardment?

A couple of things. Is raging barbarians turned on? I get one, sometimes two new barbarian encampments spawning every turn when I play as Dany. Which is extremely annoying.

Also, how is one supposed to play as Stannis? He starts on Dragonstone....with no galleys. So you're just stuck there until you research how to create them. In which time you are way behind the rest of the civs.

Otherwise this is still the best GoT mod out there.

Thanks.

There is no raging barbarian. But since Dany is alone in Essos, there is plenty of place for barbarian. Since, they can't really spawn in westeros, it's possible that the mechanism of barbarian spawning do that there is more in Essos.

For Stannis starting position, well, It's normal... The MOD is still in developpement and if you play with the scenario (only half done), you will have some difficulties at the beginning playing Stannis or the greyjoy. In final scenario, all players will begin with the starting technologies (like sailing) already finished.

I have a lot of work to adapt the MOD to G&K et further develop it. :)

I've been keeping track of the previous version of this mod for quite a while now and I'm really glad to see there's still a chance to see it finished.
I'm actually keeping an earlier version of my Civ 5 just to play this mod, as this has been the best "Song of Ice and Fire" game so far, even in an unfinished state and with two official retail games on the market.
So... I just wanted to let you know just how much I appreciate your work and encourage you (if you can find the time by any chance) to please, please keep working on this baby. :D
(This post is actually why I registered an account here... ^^)

Thanks mattcatt. :)

For now, I am on the way to adapt the mod to G&K, but it's a slow process.
Since Game Of Thrones change a lot of different aspect of the game, the expansion broke almost all xml... But I keep working on it.

Is anyone having problems with the game crashing at the first event of naval combat? I haven't had a problem with mods until the Gods and Kings expansion...any fixes yet? Thanks!

I see you have been working on my mod a lot Kwadjh, wasn't really aware of how much until recently. That's awesome. Maybe you have figured this out.

As you know I just released the newest version of A Civ of Ice and Fire and the Krakens have been updated. Unfortunately I am still having this issue with naval combat. Any time I try to assault a ground unit with a Kraken the game just crashes. I've been combing the code but I don't see what is causing this. The Kraken is basically a re-speced dromon and this shouldn't be happening. Have you figured out a solution for this problem from the vanilla version? I know you don't have all the DLC so you might have a problem checking into this but if you have any incite please let me know so I can get this fixed asap.

On another note someone sent me a message earlier today on a possible way to deal with my Nexus issue so maybe dragons soon, we'll see, ttfn.

Unfortunately I am still having this issue with naval combat. Any time I try to assault a ground unit with a Kraken the game just crashes. I've been combing the code but I don't see what is causing this. The Kraken is basically a re-speced dromon and this shouldn't be happening. Have you figured out a solution for this problem from the vanilla version?

Nvm, figured it out, posting and updated version now

Yes, that's because <CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_NAVAL</CombatClass> doesn't exist anymore.

You have to change it either in <CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_NAVALMELEE</CombatClass> or in <CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_NAVALRANGED</CombatClass>

You have to change it for kraken and for smuggler vessel. ;)

Hi everybody.

I have always the same problem with the mods of civ5.

I follow all and each steps and download the mods in the correct folder.....then when i mark, in this case the ezraingram mod and click in set game...never , never , nerver and ever i can choose the factions and leaders of Song of ice and fire, instead of these the game put the usual list of game´s leaders and neither let me choose the map of the mod. :confused::rolleyes:

Could anybody help me please?.

PD: Sorry about my english, i´m spaniard.

Hi everybody.

I have always the same problem with the mods of civ5.

I follow all and each steps and download the mods in the correct folder.....then when i mark, in this case the ezraingram mod and click in set game...never , never , nerver and ever i can choose the factions and leaders of Song of ice and fire, instead of these the game put the usual list of game´s leaders and neither let me choose the map of the mod. :confused::rolleyes:

Could anybody help me please?.

PD: Sorry about my english, i´m spaniard.

did you put the westeros and essos map in your map folder, select the map when you set up the game and checked "load scenario"? and also, are you using and old version of civ 5?

Top Bottom