Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

Yeah they need a wheelwright like chariots. Buildingrequirements for units aren't displayed yet. But as future versions of Fall from Heaven will probably introduce that anyway once it's time to get to cosmetics again I didn't want to bother about that now.

ahh, ok, that would be nice. :goodjob: It gets a little confusing with all the different buildings and nothing in the unit/building description

Btw I've been wondering, after this is finally complete do you plan on doing anything with Warhammer 40k? Personally I've always found that setting much more interesting and would work great with Final Frontier.

no, i dont think 40K is going to be done by us, theres just too much to do, and with Ploe as the sole programmer/mechanic-installer, thats a definate no-no. i heard another team was workign on a 40K version, perhaps we can join them together once they are both done (totally) but i still doubt it ;)

Btw I've been wondering, after this is finally complete do you plan on doing anything with Warhammer 40k? Personally I've always found that setting much more interesting and would work great with Final Frontier.

yeah but more like Battlefleet Gothic

Just thought id post a little message to say that we are working on a scenario for the mod, which is why updates have slowed down (plus it looks like al lthe major errors have been fixed, touch wood)

it will be set around the Period of the Kinstrife war, between the Darkelves and Highelves.

Morning Chaps

Right, this MOD looks excellant. Well, in theory at least.

I have BTS 3.13 (Direct to Drive), the Mod with the latest patch applied.

Unfortunately when loading I get 'Failed to load 'Primary GFC theme'' in a message box, followed by the now all too familiar 'BTS has encountered an error and has to close' etc.

I have a Dell XPS1710 Laptop, 7900GTX GPU, XP o/s.

Can anyone offer any ideas/help so I can play this Mod??

Many thanks

Common Humanist

'From each according to ability, to each according to need'

Hey! DJ! Welcome back:D

can you upload a screenshot or 2 of the errors?

Hiya Llama! How are you doing! I was really looking forward to playing this when I fanally bought BTS, but now I have to wait a little longer :(

- I checked for updates (non available)
- Installed the Mod and copied patch011H over it

The path I followed to play the game:

- Start Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword
- Click Advanced>Load a Mod>Warhammer>OK
- (restarting the game)
- Single Player>play now
- Continents>ok
- Temperate>medium>ok>ok
- Ironclaw orcs>azhag>ok
- Settler>normal>ok
- Screen turns black
- Message appears:

In dutch in a Windows pop-up it says there has something gone wrong with BTS. Files are lost. Tell Microsoft about the problem.

Hope this is enough. Not sure how to upload a picture. If you need more just tell me and i'll get it :cool:

Hmmm, have you tried playing FfH on BTS yet? this version of WH is using FfH as a codebase, so if you cant play FfH either it must have something to do with their code, otherwise if FfH does work, it has to do with something Ploe changed... im just speculating here... but if that is the case then it narrows it down a fair bit.

also are you using the soundtrack? (dosnt look like there is a link, but anyway :p)

i assume the same error pops up for every civ you chose?

anyway, thats all i can think of (i have no idea what im talking about, im useless at coding etc so just disregard it all if its wrong:p) we'll have to wait for Ploe to check it out.

Hmmm, have you tried playing FfH on BTS yet? this version of WH is using FfH as a codebase, so if you cant play FfH either it must have something to do with their code, otherwise if FfH does work, it has to do with something Ploe changed... im just speculating here... but if that is the case then it narrows it down a fair bit.

also are you using the soundtrack? (dosnt look like there is a link, but anyway :p)

i assume the same error pops up for every civ you chose?

anyway, thats all i can think of (i have no idea what im talking about, im useless at coding etc so just disregard it all if its wrong:p) we'll have to wait for Ploe to check it out.

Problem solved my friend. I assumed the 'updater' would get 3.13 :crazyeye:
I just installed that patch and it's ok now!!! I'll try all the races for a few minutes ..

heard something about a scenario(DE/HE)? That would be awesome ..

awsome:D

initially i had the same problem, and the patch fixed it, but i read that youd checked for patches so didnt suggest it :p

yeh, the next installment will be the Kinstrife scenario, based around the breakaway of the DEs from the HEs. ive actually got an updated version of the Kinstrife map that i need to post.

Have fun ;):D

Game crashes to desktop:
every time i play on turn 142
If i try to upgrade a magical unit.
When fighting a giant spider.

thats all so far.

Game crashes to desktop:
every time i play on turn 142
If i try to upgrade a magical unit.
When fighting a giant spider.

thats all so far.

I think it would be great if you could attach the logs or at least a save game, so that the modders can see what causes the CTD

The game always crashes during the period when BTS is trying to launch the Mod. Have tried all the ways I know of loading the mod. All fail.

Does anyone have a map where Warhammer for BTS has worked?

FfH worked under Warlords and Vanilla on my laptop. I haven't bothered with the BTS version (apart from the dull scenario that comes with BTS - that worked) as I much prefer the Warhammer universe. Will download the full version of FfH and give it a try though.

Could the problem be related to the Direct to Drive Origins of my copy of BTS?

Dammit, really want to play this Mod, I love Warhammer!

Top Bottom