Graphics problem? Please help!

Rusty545

Chieftain
I am new here so please redirect me if I am posting in the wrong forum;)

When I switched to a different computer and went to play this game, it seemed to have stopped working. The game opens in windowed mode and I cannot adjust any of the graphic options. All of the options appear blank for some reason.That is, I click on the drop down for detail, resolution etc and there are no options to select, they are all blank. Further, when I go to actually play the game, it loads, but there is no "Start Button" to click on. (ie- the screen with the blurb about the leader and civ loads, but when the game finishes loading, the button to start does not appear on the bottom). On a side not the game loaded in the background appears to be on very low graphic settings, of which I am unable to adjust. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game twice with no luck. A quick Google search reveals others have had the same problem, but I couldn't really find any solutions to this problem. On a side note I am not really computer savvy, but any and all help is much appreciated.

Here are the specs

Windows Xp Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9505 @2.83GHz (4 CPUs)
3072MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6700 1024MB

Just to note the previous PC that I ran this on had lower specs but she ran just fine.

Thanks for all the help. Let me know if you need more info.

Is windows using generic graphic drivers or have you loaded the driver from AMD for the HD 6700? It also may need to be updated.

I updated the graphics drivers from the link in the FAQ, and the integrity check found and reacquired one file, but nothing has changed- the game still runs as described in the OP. Anything else I can try, or am I not doing something right?

We may need the directx diags.

Here is the dxdiag. If you need anything else please let me know.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 78
Looks to me like there is still an issue with your drivers.

If you are familiar with the control panel in Windows XP, you may want to go into where it shows what software is loaded and un-install all of the ATI Graphics related software, reboot the computer, and then re-load your graphics driver again.

Top Bottom