Even after all this time........

grandgeneralbob

Chieftain
Since the original release, it's been 2 or 3 years, we've had several patches, dlc's, and 2 expansion packs. My question is, how come the AI does not interact in MP? Why does the AI seem to be worse in mp as well, but the first question, is the most important, as I can't play games with my friends.

What do you mean by worse? You can choose the difficulty level that the AI interacts with you even in MP.

He might be referring to the fact that the AI can't contact the player (make trade offers, offer Declarations of Friendship, denouncements, etc.) during multiplayer. The player can ask the AI, but the AI can't ask the player.

He might be referring to the fact that the AI can't contact the player (make trade offers, offer Declarations of Friendship, denouncements, etc.) during multiplayer. The player can ask the AI, but the AI can't ask the player.

Exactly, I have 4 friends that own this game, but we can never get together, so if there's two of us, we're lucky. We don't like playing just 3 or 4 player games and the fact that the AI does NOTHING, and this problem hasn't been addressed is really pissing me off.

Have you tried hosting a private game?

I -think- it has something to do with accelerated AI turns. I might just be talking out of my ... but I get the feeling that AI is dumber in MP as well but also, their turn seem to be much faster than in single player. Logged over a thousand hours in this game 400 of those being in MP so I,ve seen a LOT of Ai turns. Maybe the lack of interaction is just so that turns don't take too long. i would also like to have a real answer though 'cause it IS kinda of disappointing.

I never played much of III or IV, but I always viewed MP as between humans. I can understand your point, if MP to you is a couple of humans against the AI.

Top Bottom