Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

There's a program somewhere called MapTweaker, or perhaps MapTweak. Otherwise, try one of the user-made editors, such as Quintillus'.

is there a fix to the "too many hyperlinks" crash?

i dont know if this is my computer or a bad file, it happens after i have been playing a few hours. its annoying.

Has anyone ever had the mental willpower to finish a game when playing as the Hittites?

:) yes but it was on a very low level. Their UU makes a fun sound :D

Congratulations

I get bored of them once I'm in the Medieval Age

Yeah, Commercial is great

But the UU is early warring, and Expansionist is, I reckon, the worst trait

Seafaring Curraghs expand better, and excess scouting warriors deters early attacks

Assuming you don't get favourable huts on a Pangea of course, then it's somewhat decent...

So once I hit the Medieval Age...it's bye bye to Hittites games

Of course you can finish a game as the Hittites. There's a lot of grinding to be done, but it's feasible. :)

What's wrong with the Hittites? They have their strong points. Expansionist is powerful on lower level pangaeas, commercial is ok, they have a UU that allows to trigger the GA at the best point of time (unlike for example, the Americans and Germans, which always need to trigger the GA by Wonders) and they have the perfect combination of starting techs: Alphabet & Pottery, for the ultra-fast slingshot.

I'd say, for fast space race games on lower difficulty levels, they could be as good as the Russians. (The Russians get 3 free techs and cheap libs/unis, while the Hittites are faster at Republic and get a more useful GA.)

Question:

I know I saw post on a forum once but now I can't find it anymore.

Anyway, does anyone know how many of each type of strategic resource there is per map size (e.i. how much coal there would be on standard map)? And if you could small and standard map please, those are the ones I usually play on.

On epic vanilla games, no more than 8 of each resource, IIRC.

Thanks, I am assuming those are the standard resource settings. I would think on a small map it would just be minus 2 to all of the strategic resources.

Although mind you, it's a waste of a leader

You're building the Forbidden Palace in your 2nd best city as it is, or should be

Save the leaders for the great wonders

Although mind you, it's a waste of a leader

Well, that depends. In some situations it could be the best use of the leader. E.g. if it's still early in a long-running spaceship or UN game.

I even used an MGL for FP recently in a quick and dirty Domination game, however, that was in a PtW game, where the FP is much more powerful while Armies are more or less wasted. In a C3C game I might have chosen an Army instead. But as it was, the FP allowed me getting a second core up and running very early, and that sped up the conquering of the world much more than an Army would have.

Top Bottom