Dynamic Names

Splime

Regular Lurker
Is it a bug that while playing Egypt through to 1000 AD, the name stayed as "Egyptian Old Kingdom", even though it was no longer in the timeframe of the Old Kingdom?

Also, I found this funny, in the same game:

Graaah, after seeing Splime's pic, I'm even more eager to get a new PC that runs RFC smoothly...

The civ names doesn't change by time, They change by civics, Vassals, Number of cities and religion.

As far as i know the names change when the civics are changed, the civ is a vassal of someone or they have islam as state religion. Its not that your empire has a certain name in a certain period of time.

Were you control changes it doesnt it? Like the difference between kingdoms and empires? Also ATM I am the Holy Roman Empire, how do I turn it into the Greater German Reich?

You conquer. I think. Grab France or something and see what happens. It's fun. The European works so as to (I think) that when you own another civs core or have a vassal or maybe just taken a city, you get the "Empire" postfix instead of "Kingdom". So if I play as France I'll be the "Kingdom of France" 'til I say, vassal Mali. Then they become "French West Africa" and I become "French Empire".

As far as i know the names change when the civics are changed, the civ is a vassal of someone or they have islam as state religion. Its not that your empire has a certain name in a certain period of time.

That's what I would have thought, but I have two vassals... and I'm still "Egyptian Old Kingdom".

You conquer. I think. Grab France or something and see what happens. It's fun. The European works so as to (I think) that when you own another civs core or have a vassal or maybe just taken a city, you get the "Empire" postfix instead of "Kingdom". So if I play as France I'll be the "Kingdom of France" 'til I say, vassal Mali. Then they become "French West Africa" and I become "French Empire".

I've noticed civs changing names when they became my vassals (Protectorate of Greece, Colony of Ethiopia) but I'm still "Egyptian Old Kingdom", and the part I find odd is the "Old".

kingdom/empire depends on empire size.
name changes with era too. You can't have a German reich before industrial

The size would definitely make the difference then. I didn't really expand much...

The Dynamic Names really add a nice touch though.

Well, I played some more, and the name did finally change, thanks to civics.

Also, I noticed that when I found England, they were the Islamic British Empire, and when they switched to Christianity (no change in territory) they became the Kingdom of England. This seems a bit odd.

Funny thing is that when Russia colonizes Mali, it becomes "Soviet Mali" regardless of Russia's government. As a result I've seen a Russian theocratic Tsardom have "Soviet Mali" as their colony.

Also how do you get "Ottoman Empire" I either get Ottoman Caliphate (when Muslim) or Turkish Empire (when secular) how does the historic name of Ottoman Empire come about?

kingdom/empire depends on empire size.
name changes with era too. You can't have a German reich before industrial

Thanks Rhye, I had France, Italy, Greace and Russia so I knew the Area wasn't a problem ;)

Also how do you get "Ottoman Empire" I either get Ottoman Caliphate (when Muslim) or Turkish Empire (when secular) how does the historic name of Ottoman Empire come about?

I have that problem too, I normally end up as the 'Sublime Ottoman State' :mad:

Ah okay, thanks Rhye, I am sure I had herd that around before too :)

Anyways that name is kinda growing on me, 'Sublime' I like it.

Anyways I have a new favorate name; 'Portuguese Continuing Revolutionary Process'

Is it true # of cities affects the name/

Úmarth;6287613 said:
Is there such thing as an Islamic Kingdom?

Yes. Saudi Arabia and Jordan today. Maybe the Islamic Kingdoms show up during Industrial - post-Industrial ages?

There are two names reserved for Islamic countries: one for kingdoms and one for republics, based on Government civic. So that is why you have (for example) Kingdom of England = Islamic British Empire; because there's only one name for an Islamic kingdom, but four for a non-Islamic one.

Top Bottom