The Rebirth of the Vampire Race (Fall from Heaven II: Shadow)

Why did you not use River of Blood World Spell? Dropping 2 pop per Fellowship city while increasing your OO cities by 2 may have given you enough time to build a more substantial army and razing FoL Holy Shrine.

Why did you not use River of Blood World Spell? Dropping 2 pop per Fellowship city while increasing your OO cities by 2 may have given you enough time to build a more substantial army and razing FoL Holy Shrine.

True, I hadn't thought of that. I don't play Calabim very often :D That sounded like a good idea so I tried it with a saved game to see what would've happened. Took me abit to find the holy city. It was guarded by a Combat V Gilden Silveric :sad: No way I could've raised a strong enough force to overcome that in time.

True, I hadn't thought of that. I don't play Calabim very often :D That sounded like a good idea so I tried it with a saved game to see what would've happened. Took me abit to find the holy city. It was guarded by a Combat V Gilden Silveric :sad: No way I could've raised a strong enough force to overcome that in time.

But the reduced pop would have lessened the religious pop alot, and uyyours quite a bot. It would have delayed long enough to take a few Ljo cities and convert them.

Hmmm well River of Blood reduced it to 71%, but couple of turns later it was back at 75%. Any city with substantial population had at least a many warriors with fawns and hunters. I only managed to raze Eodd cuz it was at the border and was a surprise attack. I didn't even have bronzeworking, city raider or cats. Even converting only does so much, since it doesn't get rid of the Fellowship worshippers in the city. It would only split the population between Fellowship and Overlords. No it's hopeless, River of Blood only prolongs my humiliation and embarassment :p

Ouch. Talk about a (holier than thou) punch out of left field. Still, this was well written, and I hope you start up another AAR soon! Maybe the Khazad?

perhaps you could deactivate Religious Victories in the future - seems to be a bit pointless, if in the beginning one has to fight a crusade..

still, great story:goodjob:

Top Bottom