Quecha runs

Skink123

Chieftain
I am a monarch to emp player normally. Until recently I had had only one win on a normal map on immortal and I cheated a little and was Ceaser and found iron and managed to kill everyone else's access to metals. Luck and cheating.

Playing fair I do not even win on monarch a majority of times - though enough to make it interesting.

Recently I started doing quecha runs on a duel map with high sea levels and cold. I am doing this at Deity.

The high sea levels and cold climate on a pangea Quecha map mean that you wind up being pretty close to the enemy. If you find someone that does not settle on hills (Elizabeth and surprisingly Tokugawa) then you have a reasonabhle chance of winning.

The idea is that you build barracks, and beeline bronze working. Steal a worker and chop your way to glory with Quechas. I have even managed to pull of a deity win without stealing or building a worker. (Ok, I did steal a worker but I chopped no forrest).

To really make it work you need to get to BW (and to wheel if you can steal a worker and have bronze) turn research to zero, keep the cities with any population and whip the population.

I shouldn't be able to come close to winning at Deity - but the results are just shy of HOF levels.

It does not work all the time - but enough of the time.

Oh, and I play at epic and the games take 15minutes. Why epic? Funnily enough it seems easier just because I get to walk my Quechas to the target fast relative to the target's ability to build something to defend.

Is this the easiest Deity win out there? Because short of the sort of aggressive Roman plays which rely on lots of anarchy to make the cash last longer I haven't seen anything in Deity which I am capable of pulling off.

Comments?

This belongs to strategy subforum I guess...
But anyway I never really liked early rushes. I feel they take away lot from the game. A really good game of Civ should consist not only of warfare but also diplomacy, economy, development... Wining early you lose much of that.

This is the easiest way to win on Diety.

I have won this way once and given up once when it didn't work. Selected Gandhi as my opponent and put him to lead America, so that massive early military is not in his interests. Got a good city site to produce quechuas and then just rush-rush. They only had one city. It was just a bit lucky for me to get the city as the odds were a bit so-so (over 50% still) and I got the city with my last quechua. I think I used Tokugawa of Inca the time I won. And I think the best is Terra map, high sea, cold, marathon.

Only works on Monarch+. where enemies start with archery.

Also, no need to play agressive leader as Quechua start with C I already. Play Chm/??? and just steamroll that Gandhi :)

Top Bottom