[BTS] CTDs with modular XML Mod

nemini

Chieftain
Hi,

I recently discovered the fancy modular xml loading thing in BTS (thanks to kael for the great guide btw!) and decided to put all the buildings, improvements, units and civs I created over the past few months into modular form to share them with friends and possibly upload them here ...

So far, so good ... I read the guides, the tutorials and searched the forums and then started working on the modules. Now, I only added 2 of my buildings and the "process espionage" so far and it already doesnt work :(

The improvement I added works just fine, but everytime I click on the button for any of the buildings or the process-espionage-icon the game crashes back to desktop! I can add the buildings with the WB without problems, they function properly, only if I try to build them ingame the game crashes! :(

My "Mod" (uploaded @ civforum.de):
http://www.civforum.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=165820&d=1204822561

If someone could take a look at what I am doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it! :worship: :thanx:

What exactly are you trying to make here?
If its a MOD then look at one that is finished and works, if its a civ than look at one that is finished in that area, just a thought, but you cant have two building/units etc in the same folder without naming them the same, ie: PhotovoltaicPanel_CIV4ArtDefines_Improvement and SolarenergyResearchCentre_CIV4ArtDefines_Building, one is different than the other and a folder must say that.
Look at some of the stuff i have made, i have made a building by itself and civ's etc, just food for thought.

What exactly are you trying to make here?
If its a MOD then look at one that is finished and works, if its a civ than look at one that is finished in that area, just a thought, but you cant have two building/units etc in the same folder without naming them the same, ie: PhotovoltaicPanel_CIV4ArtDefines_Improvement and SolarenergyResearchCentre_CIV4ArtDefines_Building, one is different than the other and a folder must say that.
Look at some of the stuff i have made, i have made a building by itself and civ's etc, just food for thought.

Nope, thats not it. There dont even have to be folders *at all*, thats just to make it easier to add/remove modules! You could even put all your new stuff in the /modules folder and not have any subdirectories!

Also, I tried each module on its own, still the same CTD every time I want to build the building or convert production to espionage!

This is just something I am doing for my own use, not a mod or anything. ;) It would be great if someone could take a look at the files and maybe give me some pointers as to what I am doing wrong or what I have overlooked so far ...

Top Bottom