Scrambled Nations Released

Gimme some civs dammit.

Make Finland if you're out of ideas. :lol:

I just tested out something weird. The map scripts aren't available in world builder but, you can create a DLC map in game then upload the map to the editor. Just noticed this because I typically use the IGE instead of the World Builder. Does this mean one person could just generate a bunch of maps using the scripts and upload them to somewhere or, are the maps DLC locked still?

(Note: I'm not advocating this either way. Just asking if it's possible.)

I don't see why we aren't allowed to do both. People shouldn't only be vocal when they like something; when someone voices something positive, they aren't told "quit praising and just vote with your wallet". Why not? Because that would be stupid and absurd.

That is perhaps the most insulting thing of all as I mentioned before, the suggestion that I should not or have no "place" voicing my complaints about the direction something is going or that I think something is overpriced. Unless the actual owners or moderators of the site think someone's criticism is out of line, people shouldn't have others pressuring them not to express an opinion.

Well, sure, you're "allowed" to voice an opinion (as well as vote with your wallet). The sheer idea you are might not be "allowed" is ludicrous.

But there's a difference between voicing an opinion and trying to make a sweeping generalization based upon a subjective (personal) viewpoint or being accusatory to 2K or Firaxis. (Not that you did either of those things; looking through the thread I don't see that you really expressed an opinion other than to say that someone has no right to tell you to take the maps DLC and be "happy" about it.) Just as nobody has a right to tell you that you have to like the DLC, nobody has the right to tell others they have to hate the DLC or to berate them for liking/buying it, or to make claims that 2K did this out of greed. (That's pure speculation, let alone defamatory.)

Anyway, as I said, I don't currently have an intention to buy this, and I hope that not many others do because I see that as increasing the odds of getting future DLC I will like, but if they do that's ok and their prerogative.

Back on topic... those who did buy this, what do you like about it? I'm still trying to find the attraction. The only thing that made sense was someone who lives in, say, Sweden, might find it interesting playing a map based on that region.

I suppose that is true. Let's see the Maine DLC, Firaxis!!! :cheers:

And here is your chance to get over your sticker shock and buy at a deep discount, 1.24 per map pack on steam right now (only for 1 day more i think!) the price of a soda ..... would you really begrudge the people who made this game a couple of sodas?

Top Bottom