Ideas for Total War games after Empire.

historical characters would be fun.

Well, they do try to give you historical characters to start out with in RTW and M2TW. And if you recruit generals at a barracks in ETW, they give you historical generals' names - right now in my Austrian campaign, in 1739, my armies are being led by Maximilian Browne and Ludwig von Khevenhüller. Can't wait until I get Erzherzog Karl, like I got Napoleon in the 1790s in a French campaign...:D

Well, they do try to give you historical characters to start out with in RTW and M2TW.
The Kingdoms capaigns went into a bit more detail with this, paritcularly the special "Hero" characters each faction had in the Crusades campaign.

The hero characters were rubbish, but you could make a decent mod by merging the kingdoms units and features with the grand campaign

Agreed. There is a Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod, but they said they made it more challenging, and there may have been some other features I didn't like. The Retrofit mod adds controllable reinforcements, boiling oil, and some other rebalances, but not units or factions. There is another submod to add those Kingdoms units, though.

You do that a fair amount in the Teutonic Campaign, IIRC. :mischief:

Age of Empires is **** though. Made into a total war game, it would be really good.

That ain't cool man. Age of Empires was such a great game. Frickin' awesome. Of the countless games I played during my childhood, Age of Empires (Both One and Two plus their respective expansion packs) stand out among my favorite games of all time. And I think the fact that the second one is still on shelves (not bargain bin, but actual shelves with other contemporary PC games) nearly a decade after its original release really says something about its awesomeness :goodjob:

Besides, like others have said, a neolithic TW would simply not work. Neolithic period did not have organized divisions of units as would be needed for the game engine. It's the same reason why I think TW would be unable to make a WWI or II game without seriously changing the engine.

I reckon the next game should take place in the peiriod between 1815 and 1900. No tanks or planes, so you don't need to massivly change the engine, but several intersting wars I wouldn't mind seeing.

(Though I think machine guns may be hard to implement, in the later stages of the game.)

I think there should be Colonization: Total War. Instead of one big campaign, there should be different campaigns for different nations during different periods. It could be from the Portuguese colonisation of the Madeira islands in 1420 to 1900.

Top Bottom