Scrambled Nations Released

Randomness on my world map..? No thank you; I don't put salt in my coffee, either -- much less pay for it! :crazyeye: (I don't actually drink coffee, but that is beside the point. ;))

(Note: if you want to play on a non-random world map, check out the map in my sig! :D)

Someone who has bought this: Please post screenshots of what each of the maps look like? On Steam they only show the Australia one. I'd like to see what the outlines are for each of the others. Also, what sizes are the maps playable in?

Responding to other comments:
I don't understand why they didn't release this at the same time as Scrambled Continents & offer them both together as a $7.50 package. I bought Scrambled Continents and am enjoying it. I would have probably bought both together as a discounted package. I'm not going to buy Scrambled Nations by itself until it's on a deep sale.

As far as missing United States, Scrambled Continents includes a North American map, which is mostly land covered by the US. (Though, using similar thinking, I don't understand why there's a China map when there was already an eastern Asia map).

I bought this map pack. I did this just to give my thanks for 800+ hours of joy this game gave to me. I have no reason not to give a little tip to developers.

I made some screenshots of standart Turkey map. It's avalible in 3 sizes (Standart, Small and Large).

Spoiler :
Eastern Thrace and West Anatolia

Cyprus

Caucasus without actual Caucasus

As you can see, the map includes large portions of Levant and Mesopotamia. Lake Van exists.

Thanks for the screenshots - could you look at what the sizes available for the maps are?

China and Russia have all sizes avalible;
Scandinava and Turkey are Small, Standart and Large;
UK is Tiny and Standart;
Japan is Duel and Small;
Italy is Small and Standart;
Canada is Tiny, Small, Standart and Large;
France is Duel, Tiny, Small, Standart and Large;
Australia is Duel, Tiny, Small and Standart.

Some pics of standart sized Sweden Scandinavia. North of map is always in tundra.
Spoiler :
Scania and Jutland

Sweden and South Norway. Mountains in Norway are on fixed tiles.

Baltic States

Russian Northwest

I bought this map pack. I did this just to give my thanks for 800+ hours of joy this game gave to me. I have no reason not to give a little tip to developers.

I made some screenshots of standart Turkey map. It's avalible in 3 sizes (Standart, Small and Large).

Spoiler :
Eastern Thrace and West Anatolia

Cyprus

Caucasus without actual Caucasus

As you can see, the map includes large portions of Levant and Mesopotamia. Lake Van exists.

Thanks! Any chance of you posting any of the other maps? It baffles me why 2K didn't give screenshots of more than 1 on Steam.

I could see myself playing these maps often, but I can't justify a purchase at that price.

Thanks a lot, TheLohoped! It seems like some cool map scripts! I definitely liked the Turkish one! I think I'll buy it with the Scrambled Continents at the next sale.

Do ANY of the maps included wrap? If not, no way in heck would I ever buy it or even play it for free. I hate maps that don't wrap around.

Do ANY of the maps included wrap? If not, no way in heck would I ever buy it or even play it for free. I hate maps that don't wrap around.

When I started playing Scrambled Continents I was disappointed to find that they didn't wrap. I thought that would decrease my enjoyment. However, at least for the North American map, I've found that I actually prefer it not wrapping. I imagine I'd feel similar for the rest of the maps too, with the exception of the whole Earth one. How realistic would it be to sail west from South America, Africa, or North America and after a short journey wind up on the east coast of the same continent?

When I started playing Scrambled Continents I was disappointed to find that they didn't wrap. I thought that would decrease my enjoyment. However, at least for the North American map, I've found that I actually prefer it not wrapping. I imagine I'd feel similar for the rest of the maps too, with the exception of the whole Earth one. How realistic would it be to sail west from South America, Africa, or North America and after a short journey wind up on the east coast of the same continent?

I just hate going to the edge of the map and finding that I can't go any further. I don't know why, but it really bothers me. I guess if the map has an ocean on the edge it wouldn't be as bad, but land would especially irritate me.

Bundle all the map scripts with wotaw+Korea, only way I will buy them. Still doesn't have woatw+Korea dlc.

I just hate going to the edge of the map and finding that I can't go any further. I don't know why, but it really bothers me. I guess if the map has an ocean on the edge it wouldn't be as bad, but land would especially irritate me.

I know that precise feel. Earth, why you no finite and bound?

This game cost $60 when it was first released.

Then, I bought G&K, which cost me $30.

Then, I bought some DLCs, which cost me $12.

Then, I bought BNW, which cost $30.

All in all, I've spent $132 on this game. And now you want me to pay ten more dollars on some stupid, worthless map packs? Someone at Firaxis thought, "let's release two map packs in a row, both of which aren't worth the money. Cause hey, giving actual content to the players for their money totally isn't the point of selling a DLC."

Ugh, I'm not going to give you my money for some map scripts.

Although I did buy the first scrambled maps DLC to show my support for Firaxis continued development of this game and because I think it's price was fair, I feel that the second map-pack DLC is over-priced. It should have been sold as just one map pack and that would have made sense.

Does the second map-pack offer anything new compared to the first other than different map shapes? I honestly ask this.

All in all, I've spent $132 on this game. And now you want me to pay ten more dollars on some stupid, worthless map packs? Someone at Firaxis thought, "let's release two map packs in a row, both of which aren't worth the money. Cause hey, giving actual content to the players for their money totally isn't the point of selling a DLC."

Ugh, I'm not going to give you my money for some map scripts.

Most of the time it isn't the game developers that are greedy for money, but rather the producers. I wouldn't be surprised at all if 2K turned to Firaxis and said "make us more money" and Firaxis complied by whipping up a couple DLC quickly to appease 2K

I bought it, mostly because of the Great Britain map. It called to me. I haven't had time to check it out yet though.

Top Bottom