Rise from Erebus 1.4 Bug Thread

Jheral

Prince
As we've moved on to the final version of Rise from Erebus, it makes sense to renew the bug thread as well. Hence, you should post any bug reports for version 1.4 in here.

Please do not post feature requests or excessive discussion in here - let's keep this thread clean and easily readable so we don't get constant reposts, ok? ;)

Just installed the latest version from the download thread and the "religious soundtrack 1.34" which, as far as I understand, should get all the needed data and sounds for the mod (clean install, uninstalled and then deleted the RIFE folder, there were some leftovers).

1. Some missing sounds. like the forest one (don't quite remember the name of the file, can research it).

2. Subdue animal + recon unit doesn't work again. Is this intended? Kinda ruins the whole recon units idea IMO.

Otherwise, great work, long time lurker in the forum but haven't posted much - been here since the first FFH. Cheers on the great work and so sad that this is the last version! Hope to see the Ethien project flourish!

P.S. Feel free to edit the non-essential sentences.

There are a couple of missing graphics. Veraato, the new Archos leader, doesn't have a portrait, and the Goblin Leader, or whatever it's name is, doesn't have a graphic either, instead appearing as a red blob. Oh, and I can second that Subdue animal + recon doesn't work.

One python exception and some graphics errors -- see attached screenshots. I have the "Frozen Animations" box unchecked.

The numerous graphical errors, removal of many leaders, and various issues with SpawnGroups (namely, they almost never fire - lair barbarians apparently take priority) have been in the public SVN build for quite some time. Hopefully these will get cleaned up before the mod team puts the nail in the coffin.

The subdue animal thing is really annoying.

Might not run with ATI 5700

I had an error saying WE"XXXX" (Letters) in app/temp.
Figuring it was a graphic card issue, I updated the driver.
Now I see the game trying to load but no error report.

Installed in BOTS/Mods/

Regular game runs fine.

Edit: Tried loading through advanced=nothing, regular load only goes far as the Preload menu.

Beyond the sword/Mods/Rise from Erebus/RifeLauncher

It is almost too much to have your personal reply on this shared lurker account Valkrionn. Were not worthy!

Okay, so here's a pretty serious one: Forest Stealth (Hidden and +1 Poison combat) is applied automatically to units in the forest...recon and warriors, at least. I popped Muris Clan and everything except for Commander Red-Blob vanished, and then I checked with Mekara and Kuriotates and yup, my starting warrior was Forest Stealth'd, as were my scouts.

EDIT: Invisible lair guardians that also can't see you are very sad. As are warriors who can't defend workers building camps (warriors are stealth'd) Confirmed for Mounted as well, probably everything that's not a worker/commander/whatever.

EDIT2: And then I was like, well, I can cripple the promotion, that won't hurt anyone. And then I was like, wait a minute, who even gets...THE JOTNAR. Checked active modules. So, my fault, sory.

i´m getting message "can´t load xxx.mp3 in /soundtracks"

Thats because he forgot to upload them I think.:scan:

The sound files are part of their own download. This was indicated clearly in the download thread, and was done to make the installer a few gigs smaller; You have to download the music installer if you want music.

Downloads

Required!
Main Download

Patches and Extras
Religions Soundtracks (Mirror) (optional, but main download does not contain any soundtracks!)

The sound files are part of their own download. This was indicated clearly in the download thread, and was done to make the installer a few gigs smaller; You have to download the music installer if you want music.

yes i have the religous but it asking for other music. in the soundtrack folder.

The cause of the Forest Stealth issue is turning on the Jotnar, apparently, not sure how I did that. In any case, I guess that means they've gone from "broken-overpowered" to "will literally break your game".

Priests of Bhall, Embers druid UU, seem to only be able to cast scorch. I was so much hoping for their Pillar of fire...

There are two occurence of the Embers ranger UU, the War boss.

I've recently fallen in love with the Archos gameplay style :D, but the one thing which always peeves me is that my early game scorpions don't properly evolve into swarms. Would it be possible to include a fix for this, or is this simply intentional? Thanks, RifE squad!

I can't get sanctify to work on removing haunted lands.

I've tried with several adepts.

I've also use the Mechanos Techpriests and their vitalize.

Nothing works. Not adjacent to the tile with the haunted lands, or standing directly on it when casting.

Top Bottom