Rise from Erebus 1.4 Bug Thread

You can't take over capitals with Hyborems Whisper. Also, there has to be at least three non-capital cities with Ashen Veil in them that do not already belong to the Infernals.

I don't think Hyborem's Whisper works on capitals, so if that was the only AV city in the world there were no targets for the spell to be cast against.

On the elephants/mammoths issue, basically, as far as I can tell, after they reach about age 300 (not sure on the number), they transform into beast type instead of animal type, I think they gain a 60% strength boost and they become able to attack, this happened before 1.4 aswell, to me anyway. So in theory its just the same thing happening. Same with sea serpents, they become ridiculously powerful because the sea is so large its hard to hunt them down early enough, I remember having to send Khazad Ironclads in groups because they could get beaten easily by a sea serpent, a bit annoying.

The other thing of note is an experiment I tried, I was playing Sheaim, switching to Infernals after researching malevolent designs (req. for Hyborems Whisper worldspell). I had fixed the switching issue, and switched with sheaim only having one town (best city in the world, ashen veil holy city), so I could use hyborems whisper to knock them out of the game and take an awesome town to be my new capital. Turns out that I still cant use hyborems whisper, maybe its because I didnt research Malevolent Designs, but started with it (by virtue of the Sheaim having it before me), anyone else notice this?

Ah, indeed the elephants and mammoths seem to be able to convert to beast type upon becomming 140 years on normal speed. (it was in turn 150, not 100 as I wrote earlier, that they started rampaging). So no bug there then, I just have to watch out for elephants/mammoths aproaching berzerk-age :).

Thanks for the feedback on Hyborems Whisper, that explains why I couldnt cast it back then, however, I still cant cast it now, and there are definitley enough other AV cities (seeing as I spread it to my neighbors early on), I am trying to cast it from the City, isnt that how the new world spells all work now?

Rinwell Isle apears to be broken. I claimed it as bannor (and added Waterwalking via Magic to my Garrison Captain) but there was a countdown and after it was down the Isle became barbarian again but my Captain still standing there. So I haved to kill my Captain, claim the Isle again and this time I did go into the world edito and set the Water Walking assioated to the Isle to my new garrison Captain and after this the isle is my and no longer a countdown is running there.

Have a look at my Fort Fixes module - it includes a fix for that.
(It might also need another of my modules, the Claimable Tower of Eyes, but I still haven't gotten around to testing that.)

Found something whilst playing Legion of D'tesh, the tower of D'tesh structure supposedly grants +1%hammers with Infused ash, but I am fairly sure its supposed to be +1% hammers PER infused ash, rather than just 1% which it is right now. Also, as it stands, the obsidian spire cannot produce these buildings because the palace already does the city radius increase, what this means is that D'tesh's non-capital towns actually have more hammers than the capital, which strikes me as very odd, I suggest either creating a separate building for the +% hammers with ash, OR adding the % hammers with ash to the palace

Or is it supposed to be this way. 1% hammer boost is kind of lame ^^

Also: Farms no long discover resources, the civpedia now states that they 'spread' the resources that used to be discoverable there, where mines and camps (both of which still DO discover resources) still state they discover, apparently fishing boats also spread resources, 1 in 1750 chance or something, but I have NEVER seen it happen, anybody notice this too? I remember before 1.4 discovering resources with farms

Or is it supposed to be the way it is now?

Found something whilst playing Legion of D'tesh, the tower of D'tesh structure supposedly grants +1%hammers with Infused ash, but I am fairly sure its supposed to be +1% hammers PER infused ash, rather than just 1% which it is right now. Also, as it stands, the obsidian spire cannot produce these buildings because the palace already does the city radius increase, what this means is that D'tesh's non-capital towns actually have more hammers than the capital, which strikes me as very odd, I suggest either creating a separate building for the +% hammers with ash, OR adding the % hammers with ash to the palace

Or is it supposed to be this way. 1% hammer boost is kind of lame ^^

Also: Farms no long discover resources, the civpedia now states that they 'spread' the resources that used to be discoverable there, where mines and camps (both of which still DO discover resources) still state they discover, apparently fishing boats also spread resources, 1 in 1750 chance or something, but I have NEVER seen it happen, anybody notice this too? I remember before 1.4 discovering resources with farms

Or is it supposed to be the way it is now?

On the first one: Known issue, was intended to be per bonus but the code didn't allow it and it was never extended. Since it is such a minor thing right now, I'm not really worried about it.

On the second, "Spread" is the same thing as discover, with the requirement that you already have one of the resource. In other words, if you have access to wheat, farms can discover wheat. It's worked this way for quite some time, so it's not new to the 1.4 version.

Ah, thanks for the clarification on that Valk, though on the code issue, check out the Mechanos Factory code, it gives 5% hammers with refined mana, but that seems to be (an intended) 5% per bonus, I just tested it

Also, I didnt realise that on the spreading thing, though, with fishing boats, how does their spreading work? You can only build them on existing resources

Thanks for all the good work so far

Edit: huh, thats wierd, I just compared the XML for the Factory and Tower of D'tesh, the BonusYieldModifiers code is basically the same, I wonder why it works differently

Why do turns seem to take so long to take. I mean ever time i press next turn im waiting almost 30 to 45 sometime a 1 min before its my turn agian.

Turns take a while to process during the end game on huge maps, which is what you said you were playing in your post on the other forums. There's only so much to be done to improve that; Most of it is civ4's outdated architecture. When you have that many units and cities on the map, it's going to be slow.

Re-installing my OS usually cuts between turn times by 2/3rds.

There have been a few comments on the stability of MP, some yeas and some boos, but I believe that Greyfox posted that it still wasnt entirely stable. I havent tried the latest release yet, waiting for the patch, in an anxious sort of way. Will any remaining stability bugs be worked out before you guys leave off? I truly believe that this is probably going to be the major lasting issue with this mod for players down the line.

If any enterprising young modder would volunteer to spend some time on that, it would also be much appreciated.

Also, does this fix really work for CTD? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439570

Re-installing my OS usually cuts between turn times by 2/3rds.

There have been a few comments on the stability of MP, some yeas and some boos, but I believe that Greyfox posted that it still wasnt entirely stable. I havent tried the latest release yet, waiting for the patch, in an anxious sort of way. Will any remaining stability bugs be worked out before you guys leave off? I truly believe that this is probably going to be the major lasting issue with this mod for players down the line.

If any enterprising young modder would volunteer to spend some time on that, it would also be much appreciated.

Also, does this fix really work for CTD? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=439570

That fix really helped me.

I'm curious about the OS reinstall helping the slowdown problem. Does anyone have any ideas on that? Is it the usual load of programs besides Civilization that accumulate over time slowing down the whole system, or something more specific to Civilization?

Im not sure wether these are bugs or not, but I thought I would bring them up anyway.

I have noticed several of the Leaders for some of the Civs are flat out worse than the others, (not counting emergent leaders, I love them).

Take the Mechanos Civ, they have only two leaders. Verocchio (Chm, Ind) and Maer (Chm), I dont know if Maer is supposed to be Emergent, but she isnt. This means two things, one: Maer is flat out worse (Hafgan the Purger has a similar problem, being only aggressive, a trait all Clan leaders share) Two: Without an emergent leader, and having lost the Ingenuity trait, Mechanos can no longer Aquire the Corned Powder Promotion, which actually states several mechanos units as being able to benefit from it.

Can anyone shed some light on wether this is intentional design or a bug? And if its intentional, the reasons for this desicion. Thanks

mechanos: cannot build thopters !

edit: sorry wrong mod ,-)

for Archos team, Veraato leader has pink image, that has no picture (I updated still with svn public)
also, scorpions upgrade not like baby spiders? must something be done in game for this?

so thank you for wonderful mod and forgive my bad english! I look forward to E'itan on Civ V

The unexpected always find its way it seem. I am playing a game as mechanos, there is an AI player as bannor (State religion is octopus overlord) who also discovered Ashen Veil. Right after he build the Mercurian gate in the same city where AV was founded.

It took me many turn of exploring to decide to use the editor to find out where was the AV capital because its hidden since its under mercurian control but its still propagate AV religion.

Top Bottom