Circus Maximus 15
Hermitage 18
Ironworks 25
National College 34
National Epic 16
National Treasury 5
Oxford University 24
National Intelligence Agency 12

National College obviously gives a fantastic boost to research, and always seems to me to be a 'must', whereas you can often forgo a lot of the other wonders.

National Epic strikes me as thoroughly underwhelming. It's a fairly big cost to get an extra one great person.

Circus Maximus 16
Hermitage 21
Heroic Epic 14
Ironworks 22
National College 24
National Epic 20
National Treasury 8
Oxford University 23
National Intelligence Agency 20

Moderator Action: Please remember to give reasons for your votes.

Circus Maximus 15
Hermitage 16
Ironworks 25
National College 35
National Epic 16
National Treasury 5
Oxford University 24

I have to agree with probably everyone that National College is by far the most useful national wonder.
I have to say that the National Wonder that I've built the least is Hermitage. I know there's a follower belief that can make it pretty good, but I hardly go for culture victory and even then it adds at most maybe 20 culture.

Circus Maximus 13 (-2)
Hermitage 16
Ironworks 25
National College 36 (+1)
National Epic 16
National Treasury 5
Oxford University 24

With the Heroic Epic gone, it is time to find another nation wonder which is not as important as the rest. With the additional :) in G&K, I often find that Circus Maximus is a very late build.

National College is the only national wonder which is prioritized and built ASAP every game.

Circus Maximus 15
Hermitage 18
Ironworks 25
National College 34
National Epic 16
National Treasury 5
Oxford University 24

National College obviously gives a fantastic boost to research, and always seems to me to be a 'must', whereas you can often forgo a lot of the other wonders.

National Epic strikes me as thoroughly underwhelming. It's a fairly big cost to get an extra one great person.

I almost always take NE, since it's available very early, is complemented by Legalism, and the ability stacks with Gardens, Pisa, being Sweden or Babylon/friends with Sweden etc.

Ok now. These elimination threads are seriously getting repetitive. What is next adviser elimination thread ?

How about an elimination thread elimination thread?

What's your favorite elimination thread?

National Wonders 20
Civilizations 20
Unique Units 20
Wonders 20

Everyone have fun!

Lot of informations and commentaries available through all these posts. If you take time to read you can find some useful and neat tactics.

Circus Maximus 11
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 36
National Epic 16
National Treasury 5
Oxford University 24

Battle of the average NWs :

Hermitage : A must for cultural games...but that's all. Earlier the better. At least it serves for something.

CM : I did build this one regulary in vanilla but here in GnK it's less useful since we can get more happiness from more sources. I think i built it once and it revealed to be useless some turns later :lol:

Circus Maximus 11
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 36
National Epic 16
National Treasury 3
Oxford University 24
National Intelligence Agency 13

NT - Doesn't give enough to prioritize. It's one of the last NW's I build.
NIA - It's always nice to have an extra spy, which this gives. Getting free promotions on all your spies is just icing on the cake.

The only reason I'm not voting for NC is because it's going to win without my vote.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 36
National Epic 16
National Treasury 1
Oxford University 24

I don't understand why Circus Maximus is losing to National Epic. After the 3rd or 4th city you found usually happiness becomes a problem, so this wonder adds basically another lux letting you grow your cities more.

Sorry National Treasury, it's just I don't need markets in all of my cities. Goodbye!

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 36
National Epic 16
National Treasury 1
Oxford University 24

I don't understand why Circus Maximus is losing to National Epic. After the 3rd or 4th city you found usually happiness becomes a problem, so this wonder adds basically another lux letting you grow your cities more.

I rarely find happiness a problem until the late game, and I simply don't build Colosseums until it does become an issue. I always need Monuments. And there's simply the issue that happiness doesn't scale as well as culture - if you have 4 cities and build 4 Colosseums, you have 8 happiness right there. If you're playing to limit unhappiness (as most players do) rather than to maximise Golden Ages, it's going to be a long time before you need to build the Circus Maximus those colosseums allow.

Sorry National Treasury, it's just I don't need markets in all of my cities. Goodbye!

I find this backwards on the other hand. Even if you don't always need them in every city, they cost no maintenance and are +2 free gold a turn. I never find a reason not to build markets in every city.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 37
National Epic 16
National Treasury 0
Oxford University 24

8 gold just isn't all that powerful compared to the rest. NC = science, science = win, NC = win.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 38
National Epic 12[/COLOR="Red"]
National Treasury 0
Oxford University [[24

Given the options, NE can be very good, but the rest are better. It was a toss up between NIA and NE, but NIA wins because spies can tip the balance of a late-game. The NE will rarely tip the game no matter what time it is, although it's still nice when stacked with gardens and the Tower of Pisa and Babylon's ability and Freedom etc ...

Basically, too many conditions for it to be very effective.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 38
National Epic 12[/COLOR="Red"]
National Treasury 0
Oxford University [[24

You screwed votes. You can't put -4.

Shuold be like this :

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Ironworks 25
National College 38
National Epic 14
Oxford University 24

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Heroic Epic 12
Ironworks 25
National College 39
Oxford University 24

Heroic Epic: Sure you can make a uber combo especially with a UA that starts with a promotion like B 17 or the ethiopian rifle but still....I usually build it at the end when game is over.I even have more use of NT
National College : what else ?

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Heroic Epic 12-2=10
Ironworks 25
National College 39 +1 =40
Oxford University 24

Heroic is ok, but if I'm warring I find that just building units is just as good.

National college +1 so it can be at an even 40 :D

In an unrelated note...
I can see why so many people struggle on emperor and below if the National Treasury was voted out so soon!
If you're going tall, OCC or are looking for a developed empire, the NT is a great way to spend hammers by the time you can get it. With fewer, but developed cities, you won't have as much trade income and the 10 gpt (8 base plus 2 for the market multiplier) means hundreds if not thousands of gold over the course of the game. A much better investment of hammers usually than Alhambra, Great Mosque, Hagia Sophia or most of the other wonders you usually have access to a that time.
In OCC, it is literally one of the best ways to make money if you aren't able to war offensively. There is no logical reason it has lost before other, less useful, national wonders!

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 17
Heroic Epic 12
Ironworks 25
National College 39
Oxford University 24

Heroic Epic: Sure you can make a uber combo especially with a UA that starts with a promotion like B 17 or the ethiopian rifle but still....I usually build it at the end when game is over.I even have more use of NT
National College : what else ?

This is all messed up. You added the Heroic Epic back in after it was eliminated only to vote it down....

The last two votes both removed the National Epic and added the defeated Heroic Epic back in. I'm not counting either vote since both of them down-voted the already removed Heroic Epic. Instead I'm going to go from Tabarnak's correction.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 15
Ironworks 26
National College 38
National Epic 14
Oxford University 24

I rarely build Hermitage unless I'm going for a cultural victory, mainly because if I do build the opera houses they're fairly late.

The Ironworks is always good.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 15
Ironworks 26
National College 39 (+1)
National Epic 14
Oxford University 24
National Intelligence Agency 11 (-2)

National College...a must build in every game...the earlier the better.

National Intelligence Agency has nice effects, but comes too late and requires two buildings (one a prereq for the other) to be built in every city which seems a very high cost.

Circus Maximus 12
Hermitage 15
Ironworks 24
National College 40
National Epic 14
Oxford University 24
National Intelligence Agency 11

I build NC more often than the IW.

Top Bottom