New City States

Quebec City replaced Olso, retained the colour
Sydney replaced Copenhagen, retained the colour
Kathamandu replaced Seoul, retained the colour.

The other city states are also retaining their colours as well from the screen shots (that is, Gods and Kings Vatican is the same colour as Brave New World Vatican), so there hasn't been a shuffle of the colours.

It does seem that Riga has replaced Ragusa. Bring on more city states!

It is intresting to note, that Budapest changed colours between Vanilla and G&K. It was Peach in Vanilla (according to the XML files right now) and is Grey in G&K.

Quebec City replaced Olso, retained the colour
Sydney replaced Copenhagen, retained the colour
Kathamandu replaced Seoul, retained the colour.
G&K introduced more than twenty new city-states, and only removed a few. Just because you see a new city-state doesn't mean that it replaces an existing one.

I'm detecting more baseless Italy conspiracy-theory-wishful-thinking.

G&K introduced more than twenty new city-states, and only removed a few. Just because you see a new city-state doesn't mean that it replaces an existing one.

I have never said anything about Italy being in through my theories.

I think you missed the point here (also carefully note how I've been slamming the Italy camp up until seeing the colour - type combination for Riga and Ragusa), we're not saying that every new City State replaces an old one anymore, quite the opposite actually. Sofia having a new colour - type combination (which are all unique) suggests that it is an addition rather than a replacement. So far, as city states were replaced, they kept the same colour as who they replaced. Gods & Kings shook things up and actually changed the types and colours of a few city states. This is a side point however as that only happened as they brought in two new types for Gods & Kings, and there is no alteration for Brave New World.

So far we know the colours and types of all the old city states, and comparing them to the old ones that have returned this time has confirmed what was expected, that is, they are the same colours they were. Of the new ones, 3 have been direct replacements (colour and type) for 3 of the new civilizations which formerly had city states, whilst a fourth was a new combination (Sofia) and the 5th, Riga, appears to be a replacement for Ragusa (the implications of this have already been discussed).

So yeah, it's not quite as simple as you seem to have suggested, it's actually quite a solid idea now.

Of the new ones, 3 have been direct replacements (colour and type) for 3 of the new civilizations which formerly had city states, whilst a fourth was a new combination (Sofia) and the 5th, Riga, appears to be a replacement for Ragusa (the implications of this have already been discussed).
Again, I don't accept the premise of your argument. The city-state colors are not unique; the fact that Riga has the same color as Ragusa does not necessarily mean that Ragusa has been removed.

The examples of Oslo, Copenhagen and Seoul were individual replacements for a DLC. BNW is an entire expansion; there is no reason to expect individual replacements.

It is intresting to note, that Budapest changed colours between Vanilla and G&K. It was Peach in Vanilla (according to the XML files right now) and is Grey in G&K.

They reshuffled a bit when they added to two new types from what I can tell. The colours have remained the same for all the known city states for Brave New World that I've seen so far.

Again, I don't accept the premise of your argument. The city-state colors are not unique; the fact that Riga has the same color as Ragusa does not necessarily mean that Ragusa has been removed.

The examples of Oslo, Copenhagen and Seoul were individual replacements for a DLC. BNW is an entire expansion; there is no reason to expect individual replacements.

We could always bet :p

Whilst colour is not unique, the colour-type combination is. Riga's colour-type combination is the same as Ragusa's was. That is the key to the argument, not the colours, the colour-type combinations.

No one can accuse Menzies of supporting Venice or Italy as a Civ, so he's certainly not tailoring the facts to support his conclusion. His conclusion might not be the correct one, of course, but that doesn't mean that this isn't evidence for one of the following Civs:
- Italy
- Venice
- Croatia (just covering all my bases :p )

ETA: Or Yugoslavia, come to think of it.

am I late if I wonder why there's no "la Havane" as city state? all cubana's story, and all transatlantic trade has been built around this mercantile/militaristic town

is that a clue for an new american civ or not?

Belgrade's been confirmed as a CS, I think.

It has been. It appeared through a transparent menu in a few seconds of a video clip, and I tracked it down trying to figure out if the damn green was different to Sofia.

City States, not even once!

am I late if I wonder why there's no "la Havane" as city state? all cubana's story, and all transatlantic trade has been built around this mercantile/militaristic town

is that a clue for an new american civ or not?

Why would it be a clue?

Oh thank God :lol:

Can we confirm it wasn't a G&K screenshot?

It can be seen through a menu while they're demonstrating a new feature of the game, want it any more "confirmed" to not be Gods & Kings than that?

Nah, I'm good. I trust everyone's collective knowledge and I'm lazy, which is why I was asking questions instead of tracking it down.

No one can accuse Menzies of supporting Venice or Italy as a Civ, so he's certainly not tailoring the facts to support his conclusion. His conclusion might not be the correct one, of course, but that doesn't mean that this isn't evidence for one of the following Civs:
- Italy
- Venice
Well, the Ragusa that's in the game was part of Venice's Republic but it was also a vassal to the Ottomans. If Morocco is in, that might mean the Ottomans and Arabia gotta do a little city-shuffling.

Why would it be a clue?

I think that La Havane would be the City states with the best meaning for maritim trade route. This town was created by this kind of trade. so it would be strange and maybe a clue if it was not repertoried as a city state.
but I have no Idea of what kind of civ...

but another option is that this city is included as city with spain civ... i don't know.

Well, the Ragusa that's in the game was part of Venice's Republic but it was also a vassal to the Ottomans. If Morocco is in, that might mean the Ottomans and Arabia gotta do a little city-shuffling.

It's not hard to come up with another Ottoman city without removing a city-state. That's way too much effort for very little gain.

For those who mentioned Havana, I agree that it would be a cool Maritime city-state. There are still a couple possible options left, though.

Top Bottom