What if Civfanatics was a british tabloid

Get Pedro's reaction to the great galeass curfuffle. (although he may be too busy laying off elves due to the drying up of tourism back at home.)

Here's my attempt at an article in "The Civ (on Civday)"
Spoiler :
Sioux Supporters Sue Shoshone Civ

A great expanse of hatred has suddenly come to light as Firaxis reveal another civilization for Brave New World, the dark-horse Shoshone. Summing up several tribes thought the region, fans on support of the Sioux as the Native American civ went on to say things such as "y u no sioux im not buying bnw now" and " pueblo would have bin far betr 2 hav in civ" Firaxis defended its choice, as it " Really gave more depth to the continent" As quoted by a well-known developer of the game who cannot be named for legal reasons,"It would be far easier just to have one civilization called Native America, because we could easily ignore individual cultures and have Sacajawea as the leader. But no, the fans demand and demand civs that nobody knows about. *your text has been sent*"

Since the Gods and Kings expansion, everyone has been desperate to support their massively underrated civilizations to never be included in the game. Some popular choices were Vietnam, Khmer, Canada, Israel, Italy and San Marino, but the Shoshone was far from a popular topic on the forum. Said one massive supporter of a Sioux civilization, George Cluster, "I want those pesky Indians in my game so that I can start up a save as America and beat the living hell outta 'em" After firing several shots behind him at a rapidly approaching cavalry, he continued with "But I suppose that those darn Shoshone will have to do"

It's not very tablodey, but if anyone wants to turn it into something of good quality, feel free to compensate for my uselessness. :lol::lol::lol:

Amazing job haha... Will see if I can think of something for Pedro.

Get Pedro's reaction to the great galeass curfuffle. (although he may be too busy laying off elves due to the drying up of tourism back at home.)

This thread is the best ever!

BornInTheLoo good work for digging out the busty Wu Zetian pic. (For those who don't know, before the release of Civ V the concept art for Wu had her rather more voluptuous).

"WU-nderfull busty beauty Wu opens her Great Wall! Chok-on-u these!"

I commend this post as my favorite now! Keep them coming! I would like to see any leader abducted by aliens!

i know parodying offensive content might be a "gray area", but can we lay off the "page 3" stuff a little? puns are great and all, but . . .

(don't want to derail the topic, but i don't want to feel like reporting a bunch of posts.)

i know parodying offensive content might be a "gray area", but can we lay off the "page 3" stuff a little? puns are great and all, but . . .

(don't want to derail the topic, but i don't want to feel like reporting a bunch of posts.)

Oh, come on, they're worth it for the puns alone. "Wu is waiting for you" :).

more than 8 years I've lurked here without posting. In my time I've seen great people lead this site, and great people contribute. I've loved civ through the ages. But this thread. This thread deserves my post.

Bravo to the thread creator. It's the most entertaining and unique thread I've ever seen.

puns are good. the concept is funny. that's why i don't want the thread to get out of hand.

I'd be with you if they actually posted naughty images, but it's just in-game pics in both the case of Wu and Theodora. It doesn't feel out of line to me. It's not intended to demean them, it's just emulating the tabloid style. Of course, you can also ask the moderators what they think.

^ I agree with The QC. I've made my feelings regarding page 3 pretty clear and I haven't been offended by anything posted so far. As long as we steer clear of the actual naked ladies I think we're good. We should probably also stop discussing it soon unless we want this excellent thread to be closed.

Back on topic: I think Ramesses' interview might be my favourite article yet :lol:

Top Bottom