Is civilization 5 over?

Or, better yet, they skip on developing Civilization VI and make a game based on Empires of the Smokey Skies, which was literally the best thing to spawn from Civilization V.

I loved that scenario! Was there fan fiction or anything else that “spawned” from it? Once you played each of the characters, was there anything more to it?

... a game based on Empires of the Smokey Skies, which was literally the best thing to spawn from Civilization V.

Normally I'm not much for scenarios, but thanks for the tip. This was something different I must say.

Just a thought... If civ 5 was over already, why would they have those livestreams and Facebook and Twitter posts every day about any advisor and throwback thursday stuff...? I wonder whether we may still hope for more input.

I'm fairly certain that Civ V is "over" so to speak -- no more expansions, no more DLC. I do, however; feel we will get one final Balance Patch, kind of like we did with CIV IV when everyone thought it was over and done with. Probably this spring or summer.
//speculation

you ever consider those diplomacy options people miss could be the theme of another expansion?

they don't need to go to civ 6 to improve the game again.

I loved that scenario! Was there fan fiction or anything else that “spawned” from it? Once you played each of the characters, was there anything more to it?

I wrote an AAR called the People's Republic of Dalmace in which my Dalmatian superpower based in the heart of Africa went on to conquer Africa and Europe and fought a protracted war in Siberia and South America for control of the lucrative SPICE.

But sadly, I ran into a bug where I researched all the SPs, built the Sydney Opera House, and couldn't continue.

Normally I'm not much for scenarios, but thanks for the tip. This was something different I must say.

I recommend EotSS literally every time the word "scenario" comes up in these threads, because it is so fun.

Just a thought... If civ 5 was over already, why would they have those livestreams and Facebook and Twitter posts every day about any advisor and throwback thursday stuff...? I wonder whether we may still hope for more input.

All businesses advertise. Civilization V has been consistently in the top ten played games on Steam since release, and posting on Facebook and Twitter keeps the game on customers' minds.

Indeed, for a 'dead' game they are still doing a lot of social media work.

I'd be stunned if we had a sign of a third expansion pack.. honestly stunned.. I highly doubt it... but ironically the time is around the same time as BNW was announced.

Sign my petition asking 2k Games to give Firaxis the go ahead to start fixing CIV5 multiplayer.

Moderator Action: Do not cross-post in this way. It is regarded as spam.

Sign my petition asking 2k Games to give Firaxis the go ahead to start fixing CIV5 multiplayer.

No one wants to sign your petition. Nobody even cares about petitions.

How many more threads are you going to jump in to complain about the multiplayer of a four year old game?

Ignorant.

Firaxis does actually care about their game.
2k Games is the one that determines what they do.

2K Games also does not care what you think.

It is a "Don'tCare"ception if you will.

2K Games also does not care what you think.

It is a "Don'tCare"ception if you will.

Its people like you that let game companies put out crap products and get away with not fixing them.

Moderator Action: Do not personalize responses this way.

It's time for everyone to drop this line of discussion.

Top Bottom