New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

What I am going to do for now is use the old Andranik (the Stalin reskin) and get the civ finished so that I can focus on Ozanian rather than rush it. Give me a couple of days to finish up a few things. :goodjob:

Novator's work is giving me some competitive feelings...

Does anybody have an Arpad personality lying around? If anyone wanted to volunteer to make one let me know and I'll send you the new template/schema that Diplomacy II uses. :goodjob:

Does anybody have an Arpad personality lying around? If anyone wanted to volunteer to make one let me know and I'll send you the new template/schema that Diplomacy II uses. :goodjob:

I don't have Arpad's laying around anymore, I don't think, but I'm all up for making a new one. My interest in Civ4 personalities hasn't faded.

Alright, cool, go ahead and make one. I'll merge the extra stuff in (none if it has to do with personalities AFAIK, the only thing I changed was leader-specific flags, and there are no plans to give Arpad his own flag anyway).

So I mentioned adding a new civilization to the base-mod. I want to add one from Africa, and I think we have decided that we would be adding the Nubians. This is actually a good idea because they have a really nice unit-set made by Bakuel, and have a nice leaderhead made by Novator. I would like to add King Silko or Merkurios to cover the medieval era for them as well, but I don't want to diminish the graphic quality of the mod just to do that. So we would need someone to make a nice LH for one of these leaders, or find one that would work.

On a similar note, there is another issue with the UU for this civ. In the last module they had a Medjay bowman as a Longbowman replacement. In this incarnation, since I am using Makurian units for the medieval era the graphic I have for the longbowman is no longer a Medjay bowman. Which means I would now have to switch the UU to an archer, which provides us with a slight problem because the stats would have to be different. Last time the Medjay bowman was a stronger Longbowman, maybe I should do the same with the archer UU unless anyone had a better suggestion. I kinda want to get this sorted out soon because as a base-civ they have to be added to the mod itself and I would need to do that ASAP. So let's get this ironed out.

Also I don't remember/have the stats for the UB anymore. So what should the UB be?

So I mentioned adding a new civilization to the base-mod. I want to add one from Africa, and I think we have decided that we would be adding the Nubians. This is actually a good idea because they have a really nice unit-set made by Bakuel, and have a nice leaderhead made by Novator. I would like to add King Silko or Merkurios to cover the medieval era for them as well, but I don't want to diminish the graphic quality of the mod just to do that. So we would need someone to make a nice LH for one of these leaders, or find one that would work.

On a similar note, there is another issue with the UU for this civ. In the last module they had a Medjay bowman as a Longbowman replacement. In this incarnation, since I am using Makurian units for the medieval era the graphic I have for the longbowman is no longer a Medjay bowman. Which means I would now have to switch the UU to an archer, which provides us with a slight problem because the stats would have to be different. Last time the Medjay bowman was a stronger Longbowman, maybe I should do the same with the archer UU unless anyone had a better suggestion. I kinda want to get this sorted out soon because as a base-civ they have to be added to the mod itself and I would need to do that ASAP. So let's get this ironed out.

Also I don't remember/have the stats for the UB anymore. So what should the UB be?

First off, I bring you the great Hungarian prince Arpad!
View attachment 358320

Personally, I was thinking Medjay bowmen could be a cheaper replacement for the archer, rather than being stronger, but either could work.

For a UB, I remember Xyth went with a blast furnace for them in History Rewritten. Probably the best option, due to how early and how heavily the Nubians got into metal smithing and trading. Maybe have it as a forge that comes with Pottery?

Awesome, I put up a preview of Arpad in the Art and Music thread.

As for Nubia, at the moment I am going with a Vaulted Granary, mostly because I have an excellent graphic for it. The Medjay were great marksmen, so I want to keep them stronger rather than just cheaper. But I think I am going to keep them as a Longbowman replacement. I am in the process of putting the unit-set together and it is one of the best I have compiled, so I am extremely happy with the way it is turning out. Nubia has always been a favorite civilization of mine, so I am pleased that I can do them justice. :goodjob:

Considering your Windows defender won't allow you to download a lot, I though maybe it would be better for you if you just sent me your e-mail and I can send you the Dutch/Belgian units per mail so WinDef won't block it... Just a thought

Considering your Windows defender won't allow you to download a lot, I though maybe it would be better for you if you just sent me your e-mail and I can send you the Dutch/Belgian units per mail so WinDef won't block it... Just a thought

I got that sorted out, it was actually very easy to do, I am just not very tech savvy to the point that it took me a while to figure out a rather simple thing. :blush:

Anyway, you may do what you'd like to send me the units. I will PM you my e-mail address though just in case.

I also wanted to get ideas for a second Phoenician leader. I might throw Dido in the mix just to spice things up (like when I had Constantine as both a Roman and Byzantine leader and Charles V for Spain and HRE in the first Diplomacy mod) but I would rather avoid that and have a unique Phoenician. Not sure who that should be though. Hiram of Tyre is currently their leader.

Not sure there is enough to warrant those guys to be leaders for the civilization. What about Pygmalion?

Although Pygmalion would be an interesting leader to add, I don't know how I feel about a Tyre-specific civ. Maybe as a leader for Carthage, or maybe have a Lebanon specific civ for which he'd be a leader of Lebanon's ancient days. ...but that's probably my middle eastern civ bias speaking up there.

So, you think I should try to find a leader from Sidon then? I'm not sure which other major Kings there were in Phoenicia. Byblos?

Abdi Milkutti? At least he tried to do something...
Oh BTW, it would be great if you could PM me your e-mail so I can send you what I got for the Dutch and Belgians

Maybe this?
I got a nice Graphic if you'd like that one.

I'll still upload a pic of my suggested graphic for Jezebel... You'r choice if you'd like to use it or not... I believe it's an LH by Smeagolheart that I smashed a new BG on for my in the works mod (with progress, as always, being dead slow)

Attachments

• Jezebel_Suggestion.jpg
    Jezebel_Suggestion.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 195
Yeah well that works... but could you make her texture a bit more civ4-ish then?

Edit: who you gonna go for with Abdi?

Top Bottom