Vincentz Infinite Projects [VIP MOD]

nope. have been busy lately, so havent had time to mod. Even my latest vip on my machine doesnt have all the features as I made a standalone mod for the rangestrikes. At one point I will gather all the loose threads and put out a download. Cant say when though.

No worries, I was just being lazy :D

HEY VINCENTZ,
how are you?

i have a quastion aboutthe raned strike -

in the sdk codes, you got cvunitai,
there you have no entries but one :

Code:
// 
//						int iValue = getGroup()->AI_attackOdds(pLoopPlot, true);
						int iValue = GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).AI_getEnemyPlotStrength(pLoopPlot, 2, false, false);
//						iValue *= 1000;

but with this line - the code wont compile, any ideas? i get an error message.

thanks in advance.

It works for me. Problems with K-Mod?...

It's to assist the AI to take a decision on rangeAttack. The modified code is there to give more value to it.

IIRC, the "// iValue *= 1000;" was there just to test it and commented out.

I'm a bit uncertain about the result, so I first changed it to:
Code:
int iValue = getGroup()->AI_attackOdds(pLoopPlot, true);
iValue += GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).AI_getEnemyPlotStrength(pLoopPlot, 2, false, false);
iValue /= 2;
:)

I don't know about k-mod and certainly not without posting the code.

Yes, but post it in the SDK section as I'm no expert and you could get a better reply there.

I made quite a few changes, clearing up the code. Turned out a lot of the code was either redundant or didnt apply to rangestrikes in the first place. I played an entire'ish game with the new rangestrike code as a stand alone, and it worked 99% as intended, but I have been a bit busy lately so havent modded in a while. Maybe if I can get a bit of time today (when baby sleep, wifey work and son play by himself) I can see if I can dig it up. Though these moments are as rare as when all the planets align in the solar system.
Need to integrate it into VIP anyway, so gonna update in the DB as well. ;)

Had a look at civ 6 screenshots... meh... back to VIP modding ;)

Funny thing is that one of the modifications I've been most happy about, I did more than 10 years after the game came out, and is one of the simplest change. A new font.
Getting older and having higher resolution means that I had trouble reading the small text. so wanted something bigger and better. Scrolling through the standard fonts in the win7 font directiory, I found one that wow'ed me instantly.

I proudly presents... The nyala font :
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Holy Hanna! I can actually see that clearly without moving my head to line up the bevel of my bi focals... Well done Sir.

Now that's character. :cool:

Great mod!

I've gotten too used to distinct unit skins (damn you RI!). Anyway I can incorporate that into this mod?

it will take some manual editing which could take a lot of time, so honestly I wouldn't recommend it. It also requires quite a bit of RAM to have every unit civ specific.
What I have done in this mod is to make every unit pre gunpowder culture specific, so f.ex. all the south americans have a distinct unit art.
The different ethnic unit arts are:
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_ASIAN</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GERMANIC</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_AFRICAN</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_NATIVE_AMERICA</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_BARBARIAN</ArtStyleType>

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should

well... I did it anyway...

The movementpoints now carry over from turn to turn, meaning that if a unit with 4 moves move into a tile that cost 5 movement points, it will start next turn with only 3 moves.

I was always a bit bugged by my movement system where a single change from 5 to 6 meant that a unit now could travel 2 grasslands instead of 1. Pretty big leap imho. Now a unit with 6 can still travel 2 grasslands but on the next turn it will have only 2 moves to start out with. So a 5 MP unit could move 4 grass in 4 turns while a 6 MP unit can move 5 grass in 4 turns instead of the 8 grass as before.
This REALLY hinders exploration in the beginning, which IMHO is a bonus.

Units in negative movementpoints wont be able to move.
Units that move into uncharted area (Black) will add 2 to their movecost instead of just ending turn as was before.
This applies to the AI now as well (before it was only human players)

I'm also considering making boarding/unloading ship impossible if 0 or negative movepoints, so the "Shipping-train" where a unit is loaded onto a ship, then ship sails to next ship where unit is transfered etc etc, so unit can travel around the world in a single turn if enough ships is not possible anymore.

I have NO idea how the AI is going to react to this :borg:

edit
I also have plans for making direct applied tactics to units:

-Ambush (Hides unit and will attack nearby unit like Seapatrol)
-Rush/March (Gives extra movementpoint at the cost of strength in the following turn) Footmen
-Skirmish (Gives extra withdrawal but lesser strength) Footmen and cavalry
-Banzai Charge/Kamikaze (Suicide attack with a some extra strength) Melee/Planes
-Reconnaissance (Gives unit extra line of sight at the cost of movementpoints) Scouts, Explorers, Snipers
-Barrage (Gives Collateral damage on stack but no direct hit on unit) Sieges, Modern ships

edit :
playing a Colossal, 30 civ Monarch map, I barely got 1 Guild... AI seems quite competent so far, which is always my biggest hope it will do. I even got 2 continents for myself with very little interference, yet still have contact to 3 other civs for trading.
Spoiler :

edit: though I was clever, confirmed I wasnt. Wanted to upload with recent changes. Thinks phone 4G have MUCH higher upload speed. Makes connection to computer so can transfer file to phone. Uploads to ModDb from phone via computer... via WiFi.... :( Thats not how 4G works :(

For those who wants to try the new movement system.
It certainly changes the start game a lot. Did that barb archer move this turn or is he still setting up camp/gathering food/scouting the area and therefore is out of movepoints? It brings a whole new aspect of strategy to the game. In more modern eras it tend to be less of a factor, though still important especially when lining up for a siege.

Download here (0.99D)

Hmnn, that sounds like RB on will make the game even more intense. Yummy.

Gilgamesh just landed a caravel on my shores, which technically makes me the natives that was discovered. And he brings some boomsticks too. He must be some sort of a god...
Spoiler :

I'm quite surprised how well the AI is doing considering all the changes I have made to the mod.

EDIT:
cough cough. small edit to the UPT code.
If (not enemy) and (UPT=>maxupt) then cannot enter.
otherwise one could just put 25 units on a tile and make it unattackable.
Also moved code to default instead of domain specific.

Use attached DLL for changes.

EDIT:
btw, the UPT (max units per tile) can be changed in the GlobalDefinesAlt under <DefineName>MAXUPT</DefineName>
Just remember, this is to limit HUGE stacks, not a way to get 1UPT. The AI wouldnt be able to handle that.
Im considering to put the UPT x 5 x Era, so first era (Neolithic) UPT is 5
Ancient = 10 UPT
Classic = 15 UT
Medieval = 20 UPT
Renaissance = 25 UPT
Industrialism = 30 UPT
Modern = 35 UPT
Transhuman = 40 UPT

Top Bottom