Erebus

"I have an Idea" *was heard over the munch of the biscuts and the beard* "We can spread out and shower arrows at them. See, if they use pack, they will try to corner one of use. Then we will encircle the,. If they use Singular Anger, we can easily retreat into a fromation and attack." *Draws plan on paper* "see, if they attack either ways our losses are minimal to nume... IF we're fast enough to regroup into the correct formations."

Thomas looked slightly stunned after that incomprehensible spewing of planning...

Look, he says gently Not all of us can shower them with arrows... i'm not too good at that kind of stuff... i still say i go in there and intimidate hem with the power of Ice, which they once worshipped...

Do the Doviello really worship ice? Or were they just intimidated back when you had power? I doubt it would be that easy. Or stop the raids. I really think a basic idea of what we're working with would be good.
OOC:Neither of the new characters know much about the group as of yet, knowing that magic is prevalent would be handy. Just trying to stay in character =P

OOC:The Illians worship Mulcarn. But Mulcarn is dead, and the Doviello were cowed during the Age of Ice because the Illians were so strong with their God in creation. Might work, might not.

"Tactics is our advantage over the Doviello. I would think that a people that thinks highly of animal behavior and survival of the fittest would be inclined to use pack behavior, much like wolves, or singular anger, like bears."

After a moments silent thought Mryddyn says:
"perhaps if they embrace such instinctive pack behaviour i could anticipate their motives, seeing as i can sense animals emotions and decipher their basic thoughts, perhaps these beastmen would not be much different? if this IS the case, then i could simply manipulate the pack leaders' motivations and encourage then NOT to attack us, and to cease the raids... although that would only be temporary if they do rely on such basic instincts then i could just plant my own ideas into their thought patterns, such as fear of us, or make them see us as friends, i might even be able to make them feel they were betrayed by another member or group of members of their pack, that would effectively make them tear eachother appart. though that last option does not seem the nicest way to deal with this situation...

Tsanal ponders the situation for a few minutes, then sighs and begins to talk.

"We will need to know the amount of foes we will be facing. We will also have to know exactly what we have available. Uriszan, I can easily see what your skills are. What about you, Dante?

Personally, I am a mage trained in the arts of Mind, Death, Enchantment, and the Dimensional. I also have a small amount of training in Air and Shadow magic.
Ken, over there, is skilled in the forces of Entropy, Fire, and Force magic. Other than that, we have Mryddyn, an aspiring druid, who can shapeshift if needed, another disciple, Thomas, with control of ice, and this is Munak, a... Well, an able fighter, albeit with unusual weapons. We also have two rogueish helpers, when we can find them.

Anyway, I think it would be stupid to try to impress them. They are, after all, very aggressive, and would likely attack us at the first opportunity. I suggest that we instead fight, not to kill, but to subdue. Then, when they lie beaten, we shall communicate. They show a great respect for strenght, and so they will probably do as we tell them to.
Is that worth a try?"

*Dante subconsciously growls at the mention of mind magic...* I'm something of a mix...Alchemy is a fascination to me, but fighting is a necessity. I'm quite fast with short blades, or chains. You strategy has potential, however it should be noted that mercy is considered a weakness to them. Our druid should be of great use with animal knowledge, though I'm not sure if an animal mind and a person who thinks like an animal are quite the same...Possibly though. My idea is this, kill the leader, subdue the others. Honestly, I do not have a huge problem with the plan set out for us. The Doviello would do no better to us.

I think they would respect physical force more than either of those. I say we sneak in, poison they're water and/or food supplies to weaken them, assassinate the strongest e.i. the leaders, then cow the rest into submission, and relocate. Honestly, I'm not that found of raiders, why should we treat them like children, rather than what they are. Murderers. On that note, what does your group have in the way of herbs and reagents? I think I have an idea...

posioning would be an easy task. if you find me some herbs i can concoct a poison that makes you drowsy and nautious, would be perfect for immobalising them and weakening their combat. i could just morph into my owl form, fly into their camp, poison thier water and fly back here. all we would have to do then is wait. i think i might have some of the ingredients here * he procedes to rummage through his bag* (DM: what herbs / reagents do i have left?)

Tsanal is right though, we must make the think we are superior to them. like wolves in a pack, only the most forthright and powerful may lead. if we defeat the leader, we will have significant sway over the rest of the pack...

If only we could find some hallucinogens....Best way to double your numbers is to make your enemy see double

"That would probably be possible with some spells...."

Well, we should come up with a definitive course of actions
OOC:I think zxcvbnm likes to wait until we actually say what we're going to do...

Tsanal stares blankly at the sky for a few minutes, then sighs and says:

"So, do we agree that we should try to assassinate their leader? Because if that's what we're gonna do, we'll need to have a distraction.
Ken, Thomas, your magic should be sufficiently flashy to draw their attention. Uriszan, protect them when the Doviello attack. Don't fight to win, fight to survive.

Meanwhile, Mryddyn will transform into a bird, and fly in, while I, together with our more sneaky types, will go in silently. As soon as we locate their leader, we will attack.
Then, we will flee as fast as possible, join up with the distraction, and try to survive as long as possible.

Is that acceptable?"

Top Bottom