Warhammer Magic

Thanks for the list Nelia, saves me having to pull out my shoebox of spell cards :).

Necromancy looks like a mix summoning, buffing/healing and killing. Are spells in Warhammer going to be able to kill units? I think they may need to. Wind of Death is sick in the Warhammer RPG btw, iirc had an area of effect of about a mile wide with several mile range. Great for depopulating entire regions. Maybe WoD could be a summoning spell instead.

Hey PL how about the Necromancer promotion giving the unit a chance to spawn some sort of undead if they defeat a unit?

Another idea for spell/hero mechanic interaction:
Necromancy or Khemri liche priest mages could give a boost the chance of the Eternal Army immortality effect occuring.

ignore this... somehow i was thinking in circles where nothing made sense and a bit later it made sense and then not again...
i shouldnt think about this when i am tired... :crazyeye:

Spoiler :
-Added High Magic promotions (lvl 3 = +5% resist magic, +5% Spell damage modifier, +10% holy Resistance))
-Added Dark Magic promotions (lvl 3 = +5% resist magic, +5% Spell damage modifier, +10% Unholy Resistance))

-Added Light Magic promotions (lvl 3 = +33% Unholy Resistance)
-Added Grey Magic promotions (lvl 3 = +33% Holy Resistance)

just noticed this little "bug":
when light magic gives an resistance against unholy, then high magic should give resistance to unholy too i guess. :crazyeye:
same the other way around with dark and grey magic.

edit:
uhh... on the other hand the Lore of Death gives death resistance...
-Added Amethyst magic promotions (lvl 3 = +33% Death Resistance)
so maybe light and grey magic are messed up?
hmm... or they are not messed up and it just looks so atm.
i guess i think that unholy and death are the same atm, but they might not be the same.

edit2:
ok maybe they are fine like they are.
i.e.
if you play with fire you get resistant to it (Lore of Fire). the same with the lore of death.

i guess the problem was that i couldnt decide if i.e. holy is good against undead or is vulnerable to undead.
but somehow its both like fire and water. fire is good against water and fire is weak against water (ehh...water is good against fire).

so i guess the Lore of Light has spells that do extra dammage to undead and it has a resistance to undead... wait... so undead does less dammage to them= holy is not weak to undead... so wheres the weakness on holy then? or what is undead good against?
if holy has boni against undead and grey magic... hmm ok grey magic is != undead...
so it might be fine there...

so the problem with high magic and holy resistance...
it would be ok if they get used to it and develop a resistance (like fire and death above)... but somehow it seems weird they they get a resistance to i.e. healing or a blessing buff (to use two usually holy spells)... on the other hand it seems ok that they ignore dammage from i.e. holy light.
and it would be fine too i guess if they would have a resistance to undead, as they got used to fight it and learned how to protect themself (like light magic and unholy resistance).

...i guess now i reached the point where i found a reason for every combination to work.
maybe someone will see the problem i have here... or maybe not, then just ignore this.

i think i am thinking in circles atm... so i better go to bed and dont think about this anymore and instead think about how i can turn the spelllist into civ4 effects.

gn8.

ignore this... somehow i was thinking in circles where nothing made sense and a bit later it made sense and then not again...
i shouldnt think about this when i am tired...

AHAH ive lost count of the number of times ive written posts like this :p

First to clarify:
Holy = Divine light energy, power that can destroy undead and weaken deamons and such
Unholy = Demonic energy, power that can corrups and twist, forcing faithful to stray from their path
Death = necromantic damage cause by undead and... well... death.

my thought behind Light and Grey having the opposite resitances is that Light magic deals with pure light, divine energy that pretty much destroys evil, Thus they would have an intrinsic resistnace to Unholy. the opposite applies to Grey.

The reason High and Dark magic are the other way around is that Highelves are quite 'pure' and could be seen as one of the 'goodest' civs in warhammer, thhus blinding light and holy prayers wouldnt phase them much.
Similarly to darkelves. they can be seen as the most 'evil' civ in warhammer (yes more evil than chaos) because they cause pain for mo reason, whereas chaos at least has a goal. thus being so purely evil, the darkelves would not be phased the least bit by a bit more darkness and evil in their lives.

make sense?

here is a list of the magic lore avaiablity (tabletop version) for each race (atleast for the basic ones, no idea about the uncommon ones):
(i hope i havent forgot something)
Spoiler :

Elves
Woodelf: Lore of Athel Loren, Beast, life,
Highelf: High Magic, Beast, Death, Fire, Heavens, life, Light, Metal, Shadow
Darkelf: Dark Magic, Death, Fire, Metal, Shadow

The Northern Oldworld
Empire: Prayers of Sigmar, Beast, Death, Fire, Heavens, life, Light, Metal, Shadow
Bretonnia: Beast, Heavens, life
Kislev

The Southern Oldworld
Estalia
Tilea
Dwarves

The Undead
Sylvania: Necromancer= Necromancy 0-2. Vampires= Necromancy 0-7
Tombkings: Incantations (priest= 1-4, prince/king=2+3)
Lhamia: Necromancer= Necromancy 0-2. Vampires= Necromancy 0-7

Non-Human Chaos
Beastmen: shaman= beast, death, shadow, Slaanesh, Nurgle. sorcerer= fire, death, shadow, Slaanesh, Nurgle.
Skaven: Skaven Magic
Chaos Dwarves: Death, Fire, Metal, Shadow

Human Chaos Tribes
Norsca
Kurgan
Hung

chaos warrior sorcerer: Death, Fire, Shadow, Heavens. Warrior lore: Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle.
chaos Demons: Demon lore: Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle.

The Orient
Ind
Araby
Cathay
Nippon

Lustria
Lizardmen: skinks= heavens. slan= 1-4 lores of= Beast, Death, Fire, Heavens, life, Light, Metal, Shadow. slan 2nd/3rd gen + drain magic (enemy discards rolls of 6, 5-6 or 4-6).
Amazonians

Greenskins
Orcs: Big WAAAGH!!!
Goblins: Little WAAAGH!!

More Greenskins
Hobgoblins
Ogres: Gut magic.

Keep in mind that in the Promotions XML, ChannelingI, II, & III reduce Miscast by 5% each. Also, Tier1-3 of each of the Arcane Units have a 20% base Miscast chance.
Math --> 20% - 5% = 15%. Easy, man.

Ahriman said:
Lore of shadow 2. ?
Lore of shadow 3. ?
Maybe +25% unholy resistance & +50% unholy resistance?

Doublepost

Maybe +25% unholy resistance & +50% unholy resistance?

Poison resistance probably makes more sense; shadow is about stealth and deceit, so it could help protect you from assassins.

Alternatively, a +1 influence aura.

Personally, I'd go for the Poison Resistance. Auras are..well, more complex. And since almost all the others are resistances. But whatever you or PL want. (Just don't ask me to code an aura. :lol:)

Top Bottom