Bug with culture and great people

pipster

Chieftain
Is there a way to report bugs, or do the developers monitor this forum? A bug that I have found on the PS3 (I think):

Playing the French on Emperor and aiming for a Culture victory, the Romans beat me to it and started building the United Nations. I quickly sacked their city that was building the UN and captured enough great people to keep them from starting it again right away. I am now at 19/20 items needed before I start the UN, but I can't seem to get any new great people to appear. I'm currently at well over 7000 culture, and the next great person should have appeared at 3600 or so. :mad:

What makes this especially frustrating is that I sacrificed economy, tech, and military in order to build culture. I'm now so far behind in those categories that I have no chance of catching up.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Or am I totally missing something?

I'm not sure if after a certain amount of culture it wont let you get any more great people, but I think I have come across this as well. Switch your cities to gold and hopefully if you get 500g it will give you a great person. I think you get another at 5000 or 10000 too. If that doesn't work, tech for a wonder that you feel the AI isn't near to building, and try to build it. That should put you up at 20. (And these are the more peaceful methods).

You can always try sending out some spy rings to kidnap some great people. Bet the Romans have a few more stashed in some of their other cities. We did this once, kidnapping great people from the Japanese and Aztecs to fill out our quota to build the UN. We used a cruiser fleet to pick up and drop off quickly. Capital cities are good bets to have great people.

Top Bottom