Civilization II Unlimited

Well, I've decided to check back in here once again!:)

I have to say I am glad to still see some other Civ2 players out there. To bad no one is working on improvements currently. I was wondering though, has anyone any ideas what programming languages and computer skills it takes to actually make the kind of changes that Elys wanted to? I am attending college still and might be able to pick up a class or to along these lines if anyone can tell me what I need to know.

I don't think that I will ever develop the needed skills for rewriting these great old classic games, but I might run into some folks who could if I make the right connections with current students and alumni.

Any ideas what languages and skills are needed?

I was wondering though, has anyone any ideas what programming languages and computer skills it takes to actually make the kind of changes that Elys wanted to?
Assembly for the executable hacks; whatever you like, I guess, for the patchers and loaders.

Assembly for the executable hacks; whatever you like, I guess, for the patchers and loaders.
Excellent. The last (very basic - no pun intended) computer program I wrote would have been 20+ years ago, and that was for a commodore 64.:blush:

Assembly, and C+ or it's modern equivalent? I haven't bothered to really keep up on what is out there in the last decade or so. Perhaps I can get a student club going and hook people into taking a look at hacking the executable. Who knows. It would be great to get young people motivated to do this, but more likely I won't be able to even get enough people to be allowed to start the club, lol. Still....it doesn't cost anything to try.:)

I do not see any mention of the patch dealing with the future technology roll over to 0 at 256. Does anybody know if this patch fixes that?

Hi Elys, could you please tell me where i can download civ 2 unlimited patch?

i will thank you forever...

If anyone is reading this pls help me too.

Thank you

god bless you!! thank you for helping me to get that patch... you are excelent!!!

Hello, anyone can tell me if there is a program for creating unlimiting extra units to create more without removing other units and starting unlimiting and cities?.

Thanks a greeting.

Hi guys .. I´m testing this "unlimited" stuff ... and i think it didn´t work here ...

1) New units still can´t be made ...
2) Existing units just disappeared somehow ...

* I didn´t set the 9999 time, so, could that option, be responsible for the bug?

I read the majority of the posts here .. and didn´t find a properly explanation or a similar case about that ...

Thanks!

i am still trying to use the unlimited patch, and it works half way well,
my greater problem is the number limit of units, i know that there is the option and i use it, but nothing happens, when i get to 2048 units i cant build more units.

please somebody help me!!

I do, actually. I've got development versions dated 11/02/2007 and 13/02/2007. I was testing the increased memory for events at the time. That turned out to be buggy and was subsequently removed. I've attached the latter version. Use at own risk. I imagine it'll foul up trade routes and units' home cities. It'd be interesting to see what happens if you build a wonder in one of the 'extra' cities. It might appear in another city altogether; wonders are also assigned a city number - naturally it's also a single byte.

Sorry to bump this. I've just returned to CIV2 from the wastelands of civ3.

What are the "buggy" effects? - has there been any improvements or up-dates to this. Having 700 odd cities would be wonderful.

Hi!
First thing: Thank you for your efforts!
I used to play at Civ2 classic edition on my windows xp 64 bit (with the patch for 64 bit proc).
When i found your patch, i installed Civ2 MGE, patched it for 1.3 version then with the 64 bit patch.
I tried to run your mod and it wont work (even in forced mode).
If anyone has a clue how to make this mod work on 64-bit OS, this would be such a great news.
I may not be easy to read, as english is not my first language. :blush:

I can get the util to work OK on WIN7, and to be honest, not noticed any limitation to units.
But this is most likely due to the mod I am playing has a huge unit kill rate each turn...

One thing that was sadly buggy was the "unlimited city" option. When I created a new city
beyond the 256, the new city somehow was supporting all the enemy civ's units! LOL! I wonder
if this extra city buidling could be used at the scenario set-up stage to place more cities, but
I am dubious as to what would happen when new units are built in these "mutant" cities...

Still, unlimited gold works OK, except for money events zap it back to 30,000. :)

Hi. Maybe one of the oldes CIV2 players still playing :) Playing MGE, but trying to get more then 2048 units is still a problem to me.... :S any suggestions....

Top Bottom