[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

After I removed BtS entirely, and re-installed clean, I was able to get your MOD to work fine, again and again, thanks much!

you can merge the XXL mod safely on the modpack, just copypaste whats inside the XXL folder, but remember to skip de .DLL file and voilà, a perfect 34+ map

Actually, the same rules apply as with any other map you try to put in the file. If the map wasn't made with Wolfrevolution, it just won't work.

Btw, there are close to 30 civs on the GEM--I don't know if you've check it out or not. The same thing happens with the scores riding fully up the side of the screen.
What I do is just keep it off unless I need to see something, which for game, being very large and almost slow, helps ot keep the turns relatively quick. By relatively, I mean that the speed in the early game is about what it would be in a huge map late-game.
Great to play on nonetheless because it features all of the European, African, and Asian civs, plus a good many more besides, but everyone has a decent chunk of territory to expand on before hitting rivals directly. France, for instance, can get in four or five cities before hitting Spain, the Dutch, or Caesar. It is definately a GIANT earth map, which is a why a MOD-minds merge would be nice--that is, I think the pros would have to work it out.

one thing that would make this mod perfect is the addition of tech and units from next war to this mod

one thing that would make this mod perfect is the addition of tech and units from next war to this mod
Not really interested in the Sci-Fi techs myself... But with the next version of Wolfshanze I may offer this as an add on, I'll see how I feel then.

As for Maps, I've found blank starter maps work with the mod, but not pre made scenario maps. I can't tell you either way if Giant Earth works. It's easy to test though, just place it in the Private Maps folder of this mod, and see if it crashes when you select that scenario. If it crashes, I think it's easy to fix, but I don't know how. Back on page 1 or 2 of this thread Wotan explains how he did it with a map, so I know it's possible.

Just wanted to upload this - it's the UnitInfos file modified with the proper DCM bombardment and air bombardment tags. I just set them to what I thought was appropriate, so feel free to change them if you don't like them!

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfos.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 74
Cool. Being able to use Ranged Bombard while excluding Rams from using it on enemy units is very nice.

I've tested the installer, and it works on my end, if it isn't working for you, simply install the files to the desktop, then copy what is extracted to the WolfRev folder and select "yes to all" when you are prompted to overwrite the files. Basically install it manually. That should work.

ERLoft, thanks for that, when the next version of RevDCM comes out I'll update the UnitInfos files for the patch and next version.

Trying to update WolfRevolution to the last RevDCM version, I somehow destroyed my interface. I'm going to try a freshinstall of 1.1.2 and see if that fixes it, it should... I'm wondering how though I messed up, anyway, the next patch will take longer then I thought.

How do you enable Inquisitions? I got it working to the point where I can build Inquisitors under Theocracy, but when I move them over a city with a non-state religion it won't let me remove it...

I have no idea why Inquisitions aren't working for you. I've been trying to get WolfRev updated to the latest RevDCM build for the past couple of days and figured your problem would be solved by the update, but so far I can't get an interface to show when I rename the folder, even if I just transfer everything over from RevDCM to a new named folder and change nothing else, the interface goes away, so things are at a stand still until glider, or someone can show me what is breaking and why... My guess is it's caused by a python reference that is specifically pointing something from BUG to the RevDCM folder, and breaks when everything is moved, but I just don't know...

Figured out the problem. The modname.py file had moved... Also there were a couple Python changes from the 1.1.X versions that had to be made.

Updated to WolfRevolution 1.2.1 Dec 15, 2008 -Updated RevDCM component to 0.97
*WolfRevolution 1.2.1 is not 1.1.X versions save game compatible.
Inquisitions and Super Spies now included by default.
Fixed BUG display aesthetic bugs, WolfRevolution should look prettier in the interface, as BUG is now fully supported.
Fixed DCM missing tags in UnitInfos.xml DCM options are still off by default and must be toggled via the XML.
RevDCM 0.97 should have better Multiplayer support, most parts of the mod should function in multi. However the specific component of Revolutions is still not multi supported (though it will work, turning this on will significantly increase the chance of OSS errors as well as the fact other humans can see all human players Rev pop ups and Rev Idx information).
Significant improvements to Better AI, Unoficial patch, and Revolutions mod components with 0.97 RevDCM update. Please see the relevant Project and mod development forums for more information.

I've gotten two reports of bugs happening in diplomacy. I can't replicate either bug, anyone else having issues? If so, does anyone have a save game with one occuring?

Not seeing that, but in my newest game, I did notice a couple oddities...

1) Swordsmen don't require iron, they're copper or iron.
2) Statue of Zeus doesn't require ivory.

Both could be intentional of course, but they did catch me out a bit...

I though ivory just speed up the statue of zeus

Hi phungus,
I couldn't figure out how to attach the save game file to a PM, so I had to do it here. I started a game on tiny with Meiji as the only AI leader, so that I could be sure there'd be a meeting with that leader for this save. Just move the settler one space SE. This is also after deleting the mod folder and re-installing, I'm still having the same problem.

phungus420 said:
caius_76 said:
Hello,
I just downloaded the wolfrevolution mod and am experiencing crashes of the program. I have BTS patched to 3.17.

The crash occurs when I make first contact with the Meiji leader, this has happened in multiple games. I also noticed that this leader's info is missing from the civilopedia.

I did a quick scan (and used search) through the discussion thread, and did not notice anyone else reporting the problem.

Is there any help you can suggest?
Thanks!
Hey, I can't replicate this. Try deleting the WolfRev folder, and reinstalling the mod, see if that fixes it. If not, please upload the save for me and let me see the bug in action.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    24.3 KB · Views: 60
Found another BUG...this one is in the custom game....see the attached screenshot(no diplotext)
That fault only occurs when the AI starts the conversation.

NuDDen

Same thing was reported to me over at apolyton, I can't reproduce this bug though :dunno: Have you updated to 3.17, and if so, did you use the autoupdate feature? Fireaxis's auto update is fail, it often doesn't really patch the game, if you did use the auto update, try reinstalling the official 3.17 patch using a downloaded file (just use google to find it, it's easy).

@Caius, thanks I'll take a look there. I've tried twice and can't get the game to crash when meeting Meiji on my end, so it might be intrinsic to that save. Hopefully I can figure out what's going on there.

Not seeing that, but in my newest game, I did notice a couple oddities...

1) Swordsmen don't require iron, they're copper or iron.

Both could be intentional of course, but they did catch me out a bit...
Swordsmen using copper or iron is a Wolfshanze game change. He did this because ancient swordsmen often used bronze swords.
Zeus doen't require ivory in BtS, it get's a double production bonus from ivory.

Top Bottom