[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

Downloaded, stated play. So far so good, except I noticed DCM is initially configured off. So I went to change the .ini and lo and behold there isn't one that I can find. Error on my end or has anyone else seen this? Can I just copy-pate the DCM .ini from DCM?

The DCM options are located in the GlobalDefinesAlt.XML file, in the main XML folder. All the other options are in game, or turned on by installing an add on.

Posted this to the OP now, so the information is easier to access.

Just downloaded this at work today and will give it a go tonight. Sounds like a great merge - I've played a couple of Wolf games and the add ons you've done seem like they'll make gameplay even more fun, thanks!

For all of you folks that like to try this mod and have already the BUG mod as part of their game (installed in Custom Assets): you will encounter difficulties (I have).

The same thing happened to me using the Wolfshanze mod, so maybe the problem lies there somehow. After starting the game, you will get a "No Interface"-error: the game, world and untis will show up normally, but no game-interface, menu buttons of map are present. This has something to do with BUG in Custom Assets I guess. In the Wolfshanze mod this was resolved by copying the BUG mod into the Wolfshanze mod directory (so Wolfhanze becomes playable with BUG).

As for WolfRevolution: this solution DOES NOT WORK. Copying BUG mod into the WolfRevolution directory makes the game playable WITH an interface again, but it overwrites some of the Revolution mod py.

The solution is to remove the BUG from CustomAssets (no matter since it is included in this mod). I simply RENAMED the directory to "_CustomAssets" so I can switch back later if needed. Of course I had to install BlueMarble again. BlueMarble also goes into CustomAssets but that does not interfear with Wolfshanze or WolfRevolution.

I hope this little hint is usefull to current BUG users that experience the same difficulties.
(Maybe my problems occured because I'm always running the latest BUG version through automatic SVN updates)

Got everything installed, updated the DCM options, but when I launched my first game, it had Super Spies and Inquisitions listed as disabled (Red) when the map generated and launched. I verified that at least the appropriate .dds files were in the directory after the install, but no luck with any options for these on the launch screen. Any idea why?

Got everything installed, updated the DCM options, but when I launched my first game, it had Super Spies and Inquisitions listed as disabled (Red) when the map generated and launched.
Did you install the Inq+Spys add on?

Sure did... checked for a couple of the unique files in the WolfRev directory - Alchemist.dds, Loyalty.dds etc. They're present. No options to turn it on or off though. Also, City Resistance is off?

City Resistance is a bit buggy, so glider turned it off. This is "hardcoded" in the .dll so it can't be changed, without recompiling a new .dll from source code. I've played IDW games with it enabled though, and I have to say I'm not a much of a fan. The game works better without it, IMHO.

That's odd that the AddOn isn't working for you, I've tested it a few times and it always worked for me. Try reinstalling the SuperSpys & Inquisitions AddOn. Also the WolfRevolution mod installer follows the registry path for BTS, so for most computers it will locate the correct location. The add ons though don't use a scrip they just install to a predefined directory, which works for 99% of people. Some people though will have the directory in a different path, if this is the case for you, try installing the AddOn to desktop then manually copying the WolfRevolution folder which the installer extracts to your desktop to the BTS\Mods\... folder (Where the WolfRevolution mod is), and select yes to all when it promps you to overwrite (if it doesn't prompt you about overwriting existing files, you're copying it to the wrong place).

Yep, bet that was it. It had installed on a C: directory, and the game actually resides on the E: drive, which is a game dedicated drive. We'll find out if it all worked here in a minute...

Ran into a crazy (at least to me) thing tonight. I got the Horse Whisperer quest early on - Large world - and it wanted 18! stables built! I only had 2 cities at the time! What's up with the huge number and where do I look in the XML to fix it?

Ran into a crazy (at least to me) thing tonight. I got the Horse Whisperer quest early on - Large world - and it wanted 18! stables built! I only had 2 cities at the time! What's up with the huge number and where do I look in the XML to fix it?
The building requirements are based on the SIZE of the map, not the size of your empire.

If you were on a tiny map, it might only ask for three or four stables... if you were on a HUGE map, it would ask for like 24.

The size of your empire doesn't matter... I know, it's stupid, but it's totally map-size-based.

Well, I do understand that. However, when you play large maps with 15-18 civs, it's not until quite a ways into the game that I'm looking at 18 cities...

Well, I do understand that. However, when you play large maps with 15-18 civs, it's not until quite a ways into the game that I'm looking at 18 cities...
You're preaching to the Choir... I play large maps with 15-18 civs all the time and I can never complete those quests... even as a "conqueror", it's a long time before I have that many cities.

Hmmm, are those quest levels hardcoded or are they somewhere in the XML?
I have no idea where the numbers are (well, I've never looked for them), but I do know it's in relation to the map size... the bigger the map you play, the more you'll need to build.

I usually get the quest to build 18 stables or whatever when I have 4 or 5 cities under my control.

Well, so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm still BC in my first game, but really liked the start as minor tribes bit - made for some interesting battles early on where I'd normally be building. And the barb cities turning into city-states then full nations. Pretty cool. A lot more challenging than the simple "build a deterrent army and mop up barbs" start to my games... Also means a great general a hell of a lot earlier. And with the IDW bonus for a warlord, I figured why not use one that way...

Isabella is next door to me and sent over a small stack with rams, which I took out pretty handily, then sent over my axemen to pillage the hell out of the Empire of Spain. 1000 years later and they still haven't gotten writing, so they're way behind the curve. One of the barb cities showed up next to me and turned into Catherine, so I sent over a stack of axes and legionnaires - cost me a few units, but the hell if I want her right where my next city was going to go...

Although I'm thinking the turns are going to get pretty slow later in the game with so many active civs - I know I've only uncovered 35-40% of the world, started with 12 civs on a large map, there's been 4 or 5 new civs that emerged from barb cities and two dead civs (One being Catherine).

In any case a big :goodjob: on this one!

Hello!

I have a question?

I have discovered fission and rocketry, I have a uranium ressource. but I can´t build ICBM´s or tactical nukes...!!!!???!!!

also there´s no manhattan project in the tech tree.

I´m just confused. (there were no UN decisions about a prohibition of A-bombs or whatsoever...)

Is this feature left out in this mod?

regards

No, I've used nukes before, hmmm... I'll have to look into that, things should work exactly the same as default with regard to the Manhattan Project and nukes. Maybe I screwed up something in the XML with the merge, I'll have to check.

Edit: OK, checked into it, and the Manhaten Project is missing from the XML. Nukes work, they just don't require it to be built, you will need rocketry though. This must be a feature of the Wolfshanze Mod, since almost all the XML is from that mod. Some of it I had to combine, but not the projectinfos file. So I guess, yes this is a feature of the mod (never noticed it before).

Can I add new units to the mod? I have added a couple of new units, and every time I upgrade to one of them, I get a CTD on the end of the turn.

Top Bottom