Language translations for leader sayings

I noticed this too, and like you I ascribed it to the game's portrayal of his personality. There's something very condescending about saying things like 'La France t'offre cette proposition exceptionnelle' - oddly reminiscent of 'Would you be INTERESTED in a TRADE AGREEMENT with ENGLAND?' :lol:

Historically, it was quite common for rulers to refer to equals in informal terms. In ancient texts, for example, you have Hittite and Egyptian rulers referring to each other as "brother." Of course, when they didn't think of you as an equal, they were pretty quick to let you know that as well ;)

Moderator Action: Merged with the main language thread.

@Morningcalm: Again, if you need more space, you have to say it. It's not complicated for me to insert 2 or 3 more posts after your first, so that the translations can be closer together.

That would be great! Could you move the DLC and Expack leader languages up into posts 2 and 3?

blackcatatonic said:
I noticed this too, and like you I ascribed it to the game's portrayal of his personality. There's something very condescending about saying things like 'La France t'offre cette proposition exceptionnelle' - oddly reminiscent of 'Would you be INTERESTED in a TRADE AGREEMENT with ENGLAND?'
I think Elizabeth's lines are ok, but not the voice actor's delivery of them....Elizabeth is, for the most part, as I expected: snooty, cunning and easily offended. :p

Also, someone on YouTube maintains some of Attila's lines are in Chuvash, or at least parts of them are....parts of them are also not. He has provided some translations. See comments section at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVisFccpFo&feature=related How mysterious. The voice actor delivers his lines so fluidly...it doesn't *seem* like they mixed multiple languages for the video...

Civ V Leaders Continued

Montezuma
Modern Nahuatl, some Spanish.
Sources: civilization.wikia.com, XML and guesswork
Intro: I am Moctezuma, emperor of the Aztecs... (Nicuani Moctezuma, Imperator de los Aztecas,...) [It should have been: "Nicuani Motecuhzoma, Uey Tlatoani (of the) Mexica...." in Nahuatl derivations with less Spanish] possible ending with who dares to enter my august presence or what manner of creature are you. Less likely is "What do I see before me? Another beating heart for my sacrificial fire."
Attacked: Excellent! Let the blood flow in raging torrents! (The first word in the sound file is the same as several HateYes and NeutralYes answers)
Declares War: Die, die, die! (Ximicacan! Ximicacan! Ximicacan!)
Defeated: Monster! Who are you to destroy my greatness? (Mohc-xi-cuali! Ahcincimo mo qui tia....)
HateHearIt 1: Speak.
HateHearIt 2: You were saying?
Hate No 1: Certainly not. ("Certainly" is likely "mil agua" which is used in NeutralYes01)
Hate No 2: Are you crazy?
Hate No 3: I would rather pierce my bowels with hot skewers! (the longest Hateno clip in the game)
Hate Hello: What do you want?
Hate Hear it 03: Go on.
Hate Yes 01: Oh, very well.
Hate Yes 02: I suppose I must.
Hate Yes 03: Excellent.
Neutral Hear it 01: Go ahead.
Neutral Hear it 02: Proceed.
Neutral Hear it 03: I'm listening.
Neutral hello: Welcome, friend.
Neutral No 01 and 03: Certainly not!
NeutralNo02: No! (Ahmo!) (NeutralNo 1 and 3 both have "Ahmo" as well.)
Neutral Yes 1: Certainly.
Neutral Yes 2 and 3: Very well/excellent.
Peaceful: Curses! I will sacrifice ten thousand citizens to expiate this humiliation!
Request: "Accept this agreement or suffer the consequences" OR "Here are my terms. It would be an unfriendly gesture to refuse them."

Napoleon
French.
Intro: Welcome. I'm Napoleon, of France; the smartest general (lit. "military") in world history. (Bienvenue, je suis Napoléon, de France; le militaire le plus intelligent de l'histoire mondiale.)
Attacked: You've fallen into my trap. I'll bury you. (Tu es tombé dans mon piège. Je vais t'enterrer.)
Declares war: You're disturbing us, prepare for war. (Tu nous déranges, prépares-toi à la guerre.)
Gloat: I hope you've learned the lesson; I'm invincible. (J'espère que tu as appris ta leçon; je suis invincible.)
Defeated1: I commend you for your victory. (Je te félicite pour ta victoire.)
Defeated2: I'm beaten.. Do what you will with me. (Je me suis battu... Fais ce que tu veux de moi.) "J'ai battu" also translates into "I've fought".
Peace: It seems I underestimated you. I won't make the same mistake again, I promise you. (Il semblerait que je t'aie sous-estimé. Je ne referais pas cette erreur, je te te le promets.)
Request: France offers you this exceptional proposition. (La France t'offre cette proposition exceptionelle.)
Demand: This is what France demands, your survival depends on your answer. (Voici ce qu'exige la France, ta survie dépend de ta réponse.)
HateHearIt1: Speak. (Parle.)
HateHello: It's you. (C'est toi.)
HateNo: Certainly not. (Certainement pas.)
HateNo2: That's unacceptable. (C'est inacceptable.)
HateNo3: You cannot be serious. (Ce n'est pas sérieux.)
HateYes: Agreed. (D'accord)
HateYes2: I guess I've no choice. (J'imagine que je n'ai pas le choix.)
HateYes3: Certainly. (Certainement.)
HateYes4: Agreed. (C'est d'accord.)
HateYes5: Excellent. (Excellent)
NeutralYes: Excellent. (Excellent)
NeutralHearIt1: Continue. (Continues.)
NeutralHearIt2: I'm listening. (J'écoute.)
NeutralHearIt3: Go on. (Vas-y.)
NeutralHearIt4: You were saying? (Tu disais?)
NeutralHello: Hello. (Bonjour)
NeutralNo: We refuse. ( Nous refusons.)
NeutralNo2: Of course not. (Bien sûr que non.)
NeutralNo3: No. (Non)
NeutralYes: Very well. (Très bien.)
NeutralYes2: Very well. (Très bien.)
NeutralYes3: I heard (Entendu).

Oda Nobunaga
Ancient and modern Japanese.
Attacked: You despicable fool, I'm going to beat the hell out of you! 情けない愚か者め、今から叩きのめしてやるぞ! Nasakenai orokamonome, ima kara tatakinomehorsehockye yaru zo.
DeclareWar: I hereby inform you of our intention to wipe out your great civilization from this world. 貴殿の偉大なる文明国をこの世から拭い去る我等が意向をご通知申し上げまする。 Kiden no idai naru bunmeikoku o kono yo kara nugui saru warera ga ikō o gotsūchi mōshiagemasuru.
Defeated: You were much wiser than I* thought. (余が認めた以上に遙かに賢明でござった) *I should be replaced by a word used by the nobility to address themselves. Yo ga mitometa ijō ni haruka ni kenmei de gozatta.
HateHearIt01: Let me hear it. 聞かせて頂こう。 Kikasete itadakou.
HateHearIt02: Go on. 先に進め。 (Very unpleasant tone) Saki ni susume.
HateHearIt03: Proceed. 進めよ。 (Very depressed tone) Susume yo.
HateHello: Oh, it's you [low-status]... ああ、そっちか・・・ Aa, sotchi ka.
HateNo01: We shall settle this another time. 何れまたの機会にでも。 Izure mata no kikai ni de mo.
HateNo02: Excuse me, but (I) beg your pardon? (More literally, "Excuse me, but can I ask you to say that again?") 失礼だか、もう一度聞かせねがえるか? horsehockysurei da ga, mō ichido kikasenegaeru ka?
HateYes01: (I) agree. 賛同致します。 (This is more polite than NeutralYes02) Sandō itashimasu.
HateYes02: Ah, (that's) good. ああ、良かろう。 Maa, yokarou.
HateYes03: (There's) probably no other way. いたしかたあるまい。 Itashikata arumai.
Intro: We hope for a fair and just relationship with you, who are renowned for military bravery. 武勇の誉れ高き貴殿にご挨拶を申し上げたく、さらに公正かつ公平なる連携を心よりお願い申し上 げまする。 Buyū no homare takaki kiden ni goaisatsu o mōshiagetaku, sara ni kōsei katsu kōhei naru renkei o kokoro yori onegai mōshiagemasuru.
NeutralHearIt01: Go on. 先に進め。(Neat tone) Saki ni susume.
NeutralHearIt02: Proceed. 進めよ。(Polite tone) Susume yo.
NeutralHearIt03: I'm listening. ちゃんと聞いておる。 Chanto kiite oru.
NeutralHello: (slightly surprised) Hello. おお。Ō.
NeutralNo01: Sorry. すまぬ。 Sumanu.
NeutralNo02: Maybe another time. 何れまたの機会にでも。 (a little more polite than HateNo01) Izure mata no kikai ni de mo.
NeutralYes01: (that) should be fine. 良かろう。 Yokarou.
NeutralYes02: Agreed. 承知いたした。 Shōchi itahorsehockya.
NeutralYes03: Well done. 上出来だ。 Jōdeki da.
Peaceful: It was an honor to have the opportunity to fight you. 戦えもうして光栄でござった。 Tatakaemōhorsehockye kōei de gozatta.
Request: I would be grateful if you agreed on the following proposal. 以下の件についてご賛同頂ければ、誠にありがたく存じ上げまする。 Ika no ken ni tsuite gosandō itadakereba, makoto ni arigataku zonjiagemasuru.

Rameses II
Formal Arabic, Egyptian Accent

Intro: Greetings, I am Ramesses the God. I am the living embodiment of Egypt, father and mother of all civilizations. تحيتي, أنا رمسيس اﻹله. إنني تجسيد حي لمصر, أب وأم جميع الحضارات (tahayati, ana Ramsees il-ila. inani tagsidun haya limusr, ab wa umma gamee’a al-hadaaraat.)
Attacked: (You are) a fool who evokes pity. You have brought my hostility upon yourself and your repulsive civilization! أحمق يثير شفقة. لقد عاديت بنفسك وبحضارتك القبيحة (‘ahmaq yuthiru shafaqa. laqad audaytu binafsak wa bihadaaratuk al-qabeeha!)
Declares War: You are but a pest on this Earth, prepare to be eliminated! ما أنت الآفة على هذه الأرض, استعد لحذفك (ma anta il-aafa alla hadhihil-ard, ista’hid ilhatfik!)
Defeated: Strike me down and my soul will torment yours forever – you have won nothing. (lit. ‘Throw me to the ground and my soul will drive out your soul forever...’) أطرحني أرضا وسوف تطرد روحي روحك إلى الأبد – لم تفوز بشيء (atrahni ‘ardaan wa sowfa tutarid ruhi ruhak ilal-abid – lam tafuz bishai’.)
Hate Hear It 01: (Go on) then? / ثم؟ (thumma?)
Hate Hear It 02: Finish your speech. / اكمل حديثك (akmal hadeethuk.)
Hate Hello: Oh, it’s you. / أه, ﺇنه أنت (ah, inah ant.)
Hate No 01: This is unacceptable. / هذا أمرغير مقبول (hadha amra gheyr maqbul.)
Hate No 02: You cannot be serious about your request. / لا يمكن أن تكون جادا في طلبك (la yumkin an takun gadan fi talabak.)
Hate No 03: I beg your pardon? / أستميحك عذرا؟ (astameehaka ‘audhran?)
Hate Yes 01: Oh, very well. / أوه, حسنا جدا (oh, hassanan gidan.)
Hate Yes 02: I think I should (agree). أعتقد أن وجب عليه (a’ataqid anna wagib alayah.)
Neutral Hear It 01: Go on. / هيا (haya.)
Neutral Hear It 02: Speak. / تحدث (tahaduth.)
Neutral Hear It 03: I am all ears. (lit. ‘I am all listening ears’) / كلي آذان صاغية (kulli adhanun saagheea.)
Neutral Hello: Good day. / طاب يومك (taarbayaumuk.)
Neutral No 01: No. / كلا (kalla.)
Neutral No 02: Definitely not. / كلا بكل التأكيد (kalla bikull at-t’akid.)
Neutral Yes 01: Very well. / حسنا جدا (hassanan gidan.)
Neutral Yes 02: OK. / حسنا (hassanan.)
Peaceful: You know I could have destroyed you, but I am feeling generous today. (lit. ...the feeling of generosity perfumes me today.) تعرف أنه كان بإمكاني أن أدمرك, لكن يعطرني الشعور بالكرم اليوم (t’arif anahu kana b’imkani an udamirak, lakin ya’atarini as-sha’aur bilkaram alyawm.)
Request: Generous Egypt makes you this offer. مصر السخية تقدم لك هذا العرض (musr as-sakheea tuqadumu lika hadhal-‘ard.)

Ramkhamhaeng
Speaks Modern Thai, with a few older words; he addresses himself with the informal ambiguous 1st person pronoun "เรา" that can either be "we" or "I" depending on context. He addresses the player with either the outdated "เจ้า" or the respectful "ท่าน".

Attacked: You scoundrel! I shall prepare to fend you off. (เจ้าคนต่ำช้า เราจะเตรียมพร้อมสำหรับรับมือเจ้า) jâo′-kon′-dhàm′-chá-rao′-jà′-dhriam-práwm-sǎm′-ràp′-ráp′-meu-jâo′.
DeclareWar: You lowly, arrogant fool! I will make you regret your insolence. (lit. "your boastful words") (เจ้าคนต่ำต้อยจองหอง เราจะทำให้เจ้าเสียใจกับคำอวดดีของเจ้า) jâo′-kon′-dhàm′-dhâwy-jawng-hǎwng-rao′-jà′-tam′-hâi′-jâo′-sǐa-jai′-gàp′-kam′-ùat-dee-kǎwng-jâo′.
Defeated: Although I've lost, my honor shall forever endure. I have no other choice; I wish you [high-status 'you'] good luck. ( ถึงแม้เราจะแพ้ แต่เกียรติ์ของเราจะดำรงอยู่ตลอดไป เราไม่มีทางเลือกใดอีก ขอให้ท่านโชคดี) těung′-mǽ-rao′-jà′-pǽ-dhæ̀-giat-kǎwng-rao′-jà′-dam′-rong′-yôo-dhlàwt-bhai′-rao′-mâi′ mee-tang-lêuak-dai′-èek-kǎw-hâi′-tân-chôk-dee.
Demand: These are my conditions; will you [high-status 'you'] accept them or will you accept death?. (นี่เป็นเงื่อนไขของเราท่านจะยอมรับ หรือจะยอมตาย) nêe-bhen′-ngêuan-kǎi′-kǎwng-rao′-tân-jà′-yawm-ráp′-rěu-jà′-yawm-dhai.
HateHearIt01: You were saying? (เจ้าบอกว่า) jâo′-bàwk-wâ?
HateHearIt02: So? (แล้ว) lǽo?
HateHearIt03: Please proceed. (เชิญต่อ) chern-dhàw.
HateHello: Greetings. (สวัสดี) sà′-wàt′-dee.
HateNo01: This is unacceptable. (นี่เป็นสิ่งที่ยอมรับไม่ได้) nêe-bhen′-sìng′-têe-yawm-ráp′-mâi′-dâi′
HateNo02: You probably didn't mean that. (เจ้าคงไม่ได้หมายความเช่นนั้นจริงๆ) jâo′-kong′-mâi′-dâi′-mǎi-kwam-chên′-nán′-jing′-jing′
HateNo03: What did you say? (เจ้าพูดว่าอะไรนะ) jâo′-pôot-wâ-à′-rai′-ná′?
HateYes01: I think I must do as such. (เราคิดว่าเราต้องทำเช่นนั้น) rao′-kít′-wâ-rao′-dhâwng-tam′-chên′-nán′.
HateYes02: Very well. (ดีมาก) dee-mâk.
Intro: I Pho Khun Ramkhamhaeng, King of Siam, consider it a great honor that you have walked to visit my country of Siam. (The intro speech is a bit incomprehensible near the end; he could be saying "ที่" which means "at" or "ได้" which gives it the perfect aspect; neither makes grammatical sense) (เราพ่อขุนรามคำแหงกษัตริย์แห่งสยาม นับเป็นเกียรติอย่างยิ่งที่ท่านเดินมาได้เยี่ยม ประเทศสยามของเรา) rao′-pâw-kǒon′-ram-kam′-hæ̀ng-gà′-sàt′-hæ̀ng′-sà′-yam-náp′-bhen′-gìat-à′-yâng-yîng′-têe-tân-dern-ma-dâi′-yîam-bhrà′-tâyt-sà′-yam-kǎwng-rao′
NeutralHearIt01: Is that so? (อย่างนั้นหรือ) yâng-nán′-rěu?
NeutralHearIt02: You say? (เจ้าบอกว่า) jâo′-bàwk-wâ?
NeutralHearIt03: I'm listening. (เรากำลังฟังอยู่) rao′-gam′-lang′-fang′-yôo
NeutralHello: Welcome. (ยินดีต้อนรับ) yin′-dee-dhâwn-ráp′
NeutralNo01: No. (ไม่) mâi′
NeutralNo02: Certainly not. (ไม่ แน่นอน) mâi′-næ-nawn
NeutralNo03: No way. (ไม่มีทาง) mâi′-mee-tang
NeutralYes01: In that case. (ถ้าอย่างนั้น) tâ-yàng-nán′
NeutralYes02: Of course. (แน่นอน) næ-nawn
NeutralYes03: Agreed. (ตกลง) dhòk′-long′
Peaceful: You have won, but I shall return to repay this debt. (lit. I shall return to repay you as you deserve) (เจ้าชนะแล้ว แต่เราจะกลับมาใหม่เพื่อตอบแทนเจ้าให้สาสม) jâo′-chá′-ná′-lǽo-dhæ̀-rao′-jà′-glàp′-ma-mài′-pêua-dhàwp-tæn-jâo′-hâi′-sǎ-sǒm′
Request: Greetings. I believe this is a fair proposal for both parties. What do you [high-status 'you'] think? (He says hello before making counter-proposals as well) (สวัสดี เราเชื่อว่านี่เป็นข้อเสนอที่ยุติธรรมสำหรับทั้งสองง ฝ่าย ท่านคิดว่าอย่างไร) sà′-wát′-dee-rao′-chêua-wâ-nêe-bhen′-kâw-sà′-nur-têe-yóot′-dhì′-tam′-sǎm′-ràp′-táng′-sǎwng-fài-tân-kít′-wâ-yâng-rai′

Suleiman
Turkish.
Attacked: Beware! I don't think you have the power to do this! Very well, let's begin! (Dikkat! Bunu yapacak gücün olduğunu sanmıyorum! Pekâlâ, başlayalım!)
Declare War: You are a great danger to my people! I must destroy/eliminate you! (Benim insanlarım için büyük tehdit oluşturuyorsun! Seni yok etmeliyim!)
Defeated: This is terrible! I have been defeated! For the sake of my beard and my belly, how could this happen? (Korkunç! Mağlup oldum! Sakalım ve göbeğim aşkına, bu nasıl olabildi!)
Hate Let´s Hear It 01: So you say! (Diyorsun!)
Hate Let´s Hear It 02: (with unpleasant tone) Go on! (Devam et!)
Hate Hello: (tone is not as unpleasant as it could be) What do you want? (Ne istiyorsunuz?)
Hate No 01: This is unacceptable! (Bu kabul edilemez!)
Hate No 02: (very pissed off tone) You can't be serious! (Ciddi olamazsın!)
Hate No 03: (even more pissed off) Excuse me? (Affedersin?)
Hate Yes 01: (tone is as someone is relaxing after great exhaustion) Ah, very good! (Ah, çok iyi!)
Hate Yes 02: I assume we must come to an agreement. (Anlaşmamız gerektiğini varsayıyorum.)
Hate Yes 03: (same as HateYes1 but without great exhaustion part) Very good. (Çok iyi!)
Intro: The Ottoman Nation greets you stranger! I'm Suleiman! (Osmanlı Ulusu sizi selamlar yabancı! Ben Süleyman!)
Neutral Hear It 01: I'm listening (Dinliyorum.)
Neutral Hear It 02: Go on. (Devam et.)
Neutral Hello: Greetings! (Selamlar!)
Neutral No 01: No! (Hayır!)
Neutral No 02: Of course not!! (Kesinlikle hayır!)
Neutral No 03: We decline! (Reddediyoruz!)
Neutral Yes 01: Very good! (Çok iyi!)
Neutral Yes 02: OK! ("Tamam!" which means "complete" but in this context it's used like OK.)
Neutral Yes 03: Wonderful! (Harika!)
Request: Let's do business! Would you be interested? (Gelin pazarlığa tutuşalım! Hoşunuza gider mi?)
Peaceful: Congratulations on your victory and I hope that peace will last forever! (Zaferiniz için sizi kutlarım ve umarım barış daima kalıcı olacaktır!)

Washington
English (modern American accent)
Intro: The people of the United States of America welcome you.
Attacked: You have mistaken our love of peace for weakness. You shall regret this!
Declares War: Your wanton aggression leaves us no choice. Prepare for war!
Defeated: The day...is yours. I trust you will be merciful in your triumph.
Demand: You would be well advised to give us what we want. (never used in-game)
Excellent: Excellent!
Gloat: I trust that you have learned that the United States are not to be trifled with. (never used in-game)
Hate Let's Hear It: Go on.
Hate Let's Hear It 02: You were saying?
Hate Hello: Well?
Hate No: Certainly not.
Hate No 02: We decline!
Hate No 03: You cannot be serious.
Hate Yes: I suppose I must.
Hate Yes 02: Agreed.
Hate Yes 03: Oh, very well.
Hate Yes 04: Alright.
Neutral Hear It: Proceed!
Neutral Hear It 02: Go ahead.
Neutral Hear It 03: I'm listening.
Neutral Hello: Good day.
Neutral Hello 02: I trust you are a friend to liberty.
Neutral No: No.
Neutral No 02: Of course not!
Neutral Yes: Very well.
Neutral Yes 02: Alright.
Neutral Yes 03: Certainly!
Peaceful: We welcome peace with your great nation. I pray that no future misunderstanding will come between our two peoples.
Request: Is the following trade of interest to you?

Wu Zetian
Mandarin.
Attacked: Fool! I will disembowel you all! (蠢货!我要把你们开膛破肚!) Chǔnhuò! Wǒ yào bǎ nǐmen kāitángpòdù!
DeclareWar: You won't ever be able to bother me again. Go meet Yan (King of Hell, known as "Yama" in Sanskrit). (你们再也不能冒犯我了。 见阎王去吧。) Nǐmen zài yě bùnéng màofàn wǒ le. Jiàn yánwáng qù ba
Defeated: You have proven to be a cunning and competent opponent. I congratulate you on your victory. (你已经证明了你是一个狡猾、称职的对手。我为你的胜利祝贺。) Nǐ yǐjīng zhèngmíng le nǐ shì yīgè jiǎohuá、chèngzhí de duìshǒu. Wǒ wèi nǐ de shènglì zhùhè
HateHearIt01: Anything else?(还有呢?) Hái yǒu ne?
HateHearIt02: Keep talking. (继续说。) Jìxù shuō
HateHello: Oh? It’s you! (哦。是你呀?) Ó. Shì nǐ ya?
HateNo01: Unacceptable. (不能接受。) Bùnéng jiēshòu
HateNo02: Sorry. Say that again? (对不起, 再说一遍?) Duìbùqǐ, nǐ zàishuō yībiàn.
HateNo03: Get out! (走开!) Zǒukāi!
HateYes01: I suppose I must accept. (我想我必须同意。) Wǒ xiǎng wǒ bìxū tóngyì
HateYes02: Ah. Very good. (啊, 非常好。) A, fēicháng hǎo
HateYes03: Ah. Very good. (啊, 非常好。) A, fēicháng hǎo
Intro: Greetings, I am Empress Wu Zetian. China desires peace and independent development. You leave us alone, we'll leave you alone. (你好,我是女皇帝武则天。中国追求和平以谋求自身发展。人不犯我,我不犯人。) Nǐhǎo, wǒ shì nǚhuángdì wǔzétiān. Zhōngguó zhuīqiú hépíng yǐ móuqiú zìshēnfāzhǎn. Rén bú fàn wǒ , Wǒ bú fàn rén
NeutralHearIt01: Continue. (继续。) Jìxù.
NeutralHearIt02: What? (什么?) Shénme?
NeutralHearIt03: Keep talking. (往下说。) Wǎngxià shuō
NeutralHello: What is it (you want) today? (今天怎么样?) Jīntiān zěnmeyàng?
NeutralNo01: Not possible. (不行。) Bùxíng.
NeutralNo02: Of course not. (当然不行。) Dāngrán bùxíng.
NeutralNo03: Definitely not. (肯定不行。) Kěndìng bùxíng.
NeutralYes01: Of course. (当然。) Dāngrán
NeutralYes02: I agree. (我同意。) Wǒ tóngyì.
NeutralYes03: Excellent! (好极了!) Hǎo jíle!
Request: My friend, do you think this request is acceptable? (我的朋友, 你认为这个要求能接受嗎?) Wǒ de péngyǒu, nǐ rènwéi zhège yāoqiú néng jiēshòu ma?

DLC Civ Translations

Genghis Khan
Speaks Mongolian.
Source: A friend of mine from Ulaanbaatar
Intro: I'm Temujin, the Lord of Lands and Conqueror of cities and countries.
Attacked: I will handle this immediately/effectively.
Declares War: The time for your destruction has come!
Defeated: I await my execution.
Hate Hello: So what now? (And so?)
HateLetsHearIt01: And then?
Hate Lets Hear It 02: Continue!
Hate Yes 01: Well done!
HateYes02: Obviously not. (Clearly there was some mix-up, because this is exactly the same as NeutralNo02)
Hate No 1: This is insufferable.
HateNo02: You're playing around (i.e. you must be joking).
NeutralHello: Hello.
NeutralLet'sHearIt01: I'm listening.
Neutral Let's Hear It 02: What?
NeutralYes01: Good.
NeutralYes02: Alright.
NeutralYes03: Of course!
NeutralNo01: No.
NeutralNo02 and 03: Of course not
Peaceful: I have underestimated you.
Request: I am not usually this generous.

Harald Bluetooth
Speaks contemporary Danish with some archaic words.
Source: Keejus, Fern
Attacked: (Ahh, you show the skills of a good Viking!) "Arh, du viser en god vikings evner!
Attacked 02: (Too bad that I'll probably have to kill you *Laughs*) "Ærgerligt at jeg nok bliver nødt til at slå dig ihjel *Laugh*"
Declares War: (Ahaharh, I tire of this pointless chatter. We settle our disputes on the field of battle, like true men!) "Ahaharh, jeg bliver træt af denne unyttige snak. Vi afgør vores uenigheder på slagmarken, som rigtige mænd."
Defeated 01: (What is this treason!?) "Hvad er det for et forræderi!?"
Defeated 02: (Loki must have stood by you, for a common man alone could not have defeated me!) "Loke må have stået dig bi, for en almindelig mand alene kan ikke have besejret mig."
HateHello (Ah, it's you again.) Ah, det' dig igen.
HateLet'sHearIt1: (What is it?) "Hva' er der?"
HateLet'sHearIt2: (And?) "Og?"
HateLet'sHearIt3: (Go on.) "Fortsæt."
HateNo1: (That is unacceptable) "Det er uacceptabelt."
HateNo2: (No, you insipid man (lit. "you foolish human")) "Nej, dit tåbelige menneske."
HateYes1: (Oh, very well) "Årh, meget vel."
HateYes2: (I guess I have to) "Det bliver jeg vel nødt til."
Intro 01: (Ah, wonderful, a new challenger!) "Ah, vidunderligt, en ny udfordrer!"
Intro 02: (Harald Bluetooth bids you welcome to his lands/country!) "Harald Blåtand byder dig velkommen til sit land!"
NeutralHello: (Hail to you) "Hil dig."
NeutralLet'sHearIt1: (Let's hear it) "Lad os høre det."
NeutralLet'sHearIt2: (Go ahead) "Værsgo"
NeutralLet'sHearIt3: (I'm listening!) "Jeg lytter!"
NeutralNo1: (I must decline) "Det må jeg afvise"
NeutralNo2: (No) "Nej."
NeutralNo3: (Not today, I'm afraid) "Ikke i dag, er jeg bange for."
NeutralYes1: (Very well) "Udmærket"
NeutralYes2: (Of course, my friend!) "Selvfølgelig, min ven!"
NeutralYes3: (That's a deal!) "Det' en aftale!"
Peaceful: (By the hammer of Thor, you have proven yourself a worthy opponent today. I congratulate you.) "Ved Thors hammer, du har vist dig som en værdig modstander i dag. Jeg lykønsker dig."
Request: (This is a fine deal! Even a simple beggar would agree!) "Det' en fin aftale! Selv en simpel tigger ville være enig."

Isabella I
Speaks Spanish.
Sources: JDvasquez, corrections by danieldaniel, elprofessor, lolocoster
She speaks Spanish with a a dialect natural to Spain.
Attacked: Repugnant spawn of the devil! You will pay! (Repugnante prole del diablo! Lo pagares!)
Declare War: God will probably forgive you. But I will not. Prepare for war. (Probablemente dios os perdone. Pero yo no. Preparaos para la guerra!)
Defeated: Very well. This is undoubtedly the will of God. And I must accept it. (Muy bien. Estas es sin duda la voluntad de Dios. Y debo aceptarla.)
Hate Hear it 1: Onward. (Adelante.)
Hate Hear it 2: What were you saying? (Que decias?)
Hate Hear it 3: Continue. (Continuad)
Hate Hello: And so? (Y bien?)
Hate No 1: That is unacceptable. (Eso es inaceptable.)
Hate No 2: Of course not. (Desde luego que no.)
Hate No 3: Are you mad? (¿Estáis loco?)
Hate Yes 1: I agree. (De acuerdo.)
Hate Yes 2: Of course. (Desde luego.)
Hate Yes 3: I think that I am obliged (to accept). (Creo que es una obligación.)
Intro: God blesses those who deserve it. I am Isabel of Spain. (Dios bendiga a aquellos que lo merezca. Soy Isabel de España.)
Neutral hear it 1: Proceed. (Proseguid.)
Neutral hear it 2: Yes? (¿Si?)
Neutral hear it 3: I am listening. (Estoy escuchando.)
Neutral hello: Salutations. (Saludos)
Neutral no 1: Not before God. (No ante dios.)
Neutral no 2: [We] Refuse. (Rehusamos.)
Neutral no 3: How? (¿Cómo?)
Neutral yes 1: Very well. (Muy bien.)
Neutral yes 2: Excellent. (Excellente)
Neutral yes 3: With the blessing of God. (Con la bendición de Dios.)
Peaceful: God will bless you for your clemency to the defeated enemy. (Dios os bendecirá a por vuestra clemencia ante el enemigo derrotado.)
Request: I hope this deal will receive your blessing. (Espero que este trato reciba vuestra bendición)

Kamehameha I
Speaks Hawaiian.
Source: A University of Hawaii scholar, who also provided the voice of Kamehameha.
Intro: Greetings and blessings upon you, friend. I am Kamehameha, Great King of this strand of islands. (Aloha pumehana a ho'omaika'i 'ia 'oe, e ke hoa. 'O au 'o Kamehameha, ka Mō'ī o kēia lālani moku.)
Attacked: It is obvious now that I misjudged you and your true intentions. ('Ike 'ia nö, ua kuhihewa ho'i au iä 'oe a me kou 'i'ini 'oia'i'o)
Declares War: The ancient fire flashing across the sky is what proclaimed that this day would come, though I had foolishly hoped for a different outcome. (O ka 'ölapa 'ana a'e o ke ahi i ka lani ka i wänana i ka hikina mai o kēia lä, 'oiai mana'olana hewa au i kekahi hopena 'oko'a.)
Defeated: The hard-shelled crab yields, and the lion lies down to sleep. Kanaloa [a deity] comes for me now. (Hā'awipio 'ela ka pai'ea, a moe ihola ka liona. Eia a'e 'o Kanaloa ke ki'i mai nei.)
HateHello: Oh, it's you. (Tsä, 'o 'oe kä.)
HateLet's Hear It 1: Well, what do you want? (He aha kāu?)
HateLet'sHearIt 2: And? (A)
HateLet'sHearIt 3: Go on. (E ho'omau aku.)
HateNo 1: That's not possible [acceptable]. ('A'ole hiki.)
HateNo 2: You cannot be serious [Not so]! ('A'ole kä!)
HateNo 3: What the. . .? ('He aha lä ho'i kau?)
HateYes 1: Yes, so be it. ('Ae, pëlä nö.)
HateYes 2: Yes, I suppose I must. ('Ae, he pono nö paha.)
NeutralHello: Welcome, friend! (Aloha mai, e ke hoa!)
NeutralLet'sHearIt 1: Of course, proceed! ('Ā 'oia, e ho'omau aku!)
NeutralLet'sHearIt 2: I'm listening. (Ke ho'olohe nei au.)
NeutralLet'sHearIt 3: What is it, my friend? (He aha kāu, e ke hoa?)
NeutralNo 1: Certainly not. (Laughing) ('A'ole kä!)
NeutralNo 2: We [group] will have to decline. (E pono ana mäkou e hö'ole aku.)
NeutralYes 1: It is agreed, that's it! ('Ae, 'ā 'oia!)
Neutral Yes 2: Excellent! (Maika'i!)
Neutral Yes 3: Just like that. (Pëlä nö.)
Peaceful: Perhaps the stars were mistakenly placed…I will consult my Kahunas [priests]. (Kau hewa a'ela paha nä hökü o ka lani…E kükä ana au me nä kāhuna.)
Request: Come, let our people feast together! (He mai, e pä'ina pü ka po'e o käua!)

Nebuchadnezzar II
Speaks Akkadian.
Sources: Civ wikia, Language XML, Godswood and guesswork
Intro: Tabšima eṭemmu atta? (Are you real or just a phantom?)
Attacked: Oh well. I presume you know what you're doing.
DeclareWar: Galum dāmu rētī erēšu! (The demons cry out for the blood of soldiers!)
Defeated: It is over. Perhaps now I shall have peace, at last.
Hate Hello: Mīnam TEREŠ!? (What do YOU want!?)
Hate Hear it 01: Abaraša ebeš. (I'm certainly listening.)
Hate hear it 03: [Exasperated] Ebeš! (I'm listening!)
Hate yes 01: Anna! (Yes!)
Hate yes 02: Anni! (Yes!)
Hate Yes 03: šûma aḫaššaḫ!? (What do you need?!)
Hate no 01: [Angrily] Lā! (No!)
Hate no 02: [Angrily] Abaraša lā! (Certainly not!)
Hate no 03: [Angrily] Ulamaḫašu! (Unacceptable!)
Neutral Hello: Greetings.
Neutral Hear it 01: Ebeš! (I'm listening!)
Neutral Hear it 03: Mīnu tereš? (What do you want?)
Neutral Yes 01: Igamar! (Completed!)
Neutral Yes 02: Annu! (Yes!)
Neutral Yes 03: Imagal! (Agreed!)
Neutral No 01: Lā! (No!)
Neutral No 02: Abaraša lā. (Certainly not.)
Neutral No 03: Ulamaḫašu! (Unacceptable!)
Peaceful: Foolish, foolish – letting me live.
Request: It appears that you do have a reason for existing – to make this deal with me.

Pacachuti
Speaks Northern Quechua*
Source: Turboraton (Intro), Hawaruna, using mainly the vocab list at runasimi.de, in addition to other books and online references.
Attacked: Declare war on me?!? You can't, because I declare war on you first!
Declare War: Declare War: [???] You will not stand against the mighty Incan Empire! [???] ([???] Mana ñuqanchik sinchi Imperio Inka ñawpapi sayarinkichu! [???]) [The Language XML reads, "Resistance is futile! You cannot hope to stand against the mighty Incan empire. If you will not surrender immediately, then prepare for war!"] ("imperio Inca" is in the sound file: perhaps Spanish influence)
Defeated: How has this happened? Someone has betrayed me! ([???] Ima hinataq kay pasani? Pipasmi ñuqata wasachawasqa!)
Hate Hello: What do you want now? (Imatata munachkanki?)
Hate Hear It 1: Go on! (Chayqa!)
Hate Hear It 2: Go on... (Chayqa...)
Hate Hear It 3:
Hate No 1: That is not possible! (Mana chayqa kanchu!)
Hate No 2: We are not agreeing to that! (Mana chaytaqa rimarichkanchikchu!)
Hate No 3: I beg your pardon! (Qispichiwanchik ñinimi!)
Hate Yes 1: That is good enough. (Allinmi kanqa.)
Hate Yes 2: That is fine. (Hinami kanqa.)
Intro: How are you (lit: are we well)? I am Pachacuti, Leader of the great Inca People (note that the literal translation is something more poetic, akin to "I hope you are alright for I am Pachacuti, from the Great People of Inca their Leader" (Allillanchu Canchi? Ñuqami kani Pachakutiq, Inkakunapa qhapa.)
Neutral Hello: How are you doing? (Imaynalla kachkanki?)
Neutral Hear It 1: Go on. (Rispa siri.)
Neutral Hear It 2: You may begin. (Qallarichiy.)
Neutral Hear It 3: What do you say? (Imataq ñichkanki?)
Neutral No 1: No. (Mana.)
Neutral No 2: We absolutely refuse. (Ñuqanchikmi mana ñinchik.)
Neutral No 3: I refuse. (Mana ñini.)
Neutral Yes 1: Very good. (Allipacha.)
Neutral Yes 2: Of course, yes. (Hinam, arí.)
Neutral Yes 3: That is very good. (Allipachami.)
Peaceful: Wonderful! (Añañaw!)
Request: The Incan people offer this fair trade. (Inkarunakunaqa wak'aychinmi kay makipurayta.)

*Despite Cuzco Quechua being in the Southern Quechua family, the voice actor seems to speak a variety of Northern Quechua (probably Ecuadorian), according to Hawaruna. I'm basing this off of some recurring pronunciation differences: H=SH (hinam), LL=ZH (allipacha), Q=K(ñuqami), and syllable-final K/Q tend to get dropped (kanchik).

Sejong the Great
Speaks Korean.
Source: Morningcalm
SejongAttacked: You poor, miserable wretch! You will be crushed by this country's magnificent scientific power. (가엾고 딱한 자로다. 이제 이 나라의 과학의 막강한 힘에 짓밟히고 말것이거늘!) Ga-yeobsgo ttaghan jaroda. ije i nara eh gwahag-ui magganghan him-e jisbalbhigo malgeos-igeoneul!
SejongDeclareswar: Jip-hyun-jun (the Jade Hall in Korea's UA, a scholarly place where elites met to develop science and literature) will no longer tolerate your irksome behavior. We will liberate the citizens under your oppression, even with force, and enlighten them! (네놈의 성가신 행태를 집현전은 더는 용인하지 않는다. 우리는 무력으로라도 너의 탄압받은 백성을 자유롭게 하고 깨우치게 해 주리라!) Nenom-ui seong-gasin haengtaeleul Jibhyeonjeon-eun deoneun yong-inhaji anhneunda. Urineun mulyeog-eulolado neoui tan-abbad-eun baegseong-eul jayulobge hago kkaeuchige hae julila
SejongDeclaresWarPt2 (This is the one used in the game): We will liberate the citizens under your oppression, even with force, and enlighten them! (우리는 무력으로라도 너의 탄압받은 백성을 자유롭게 하고 깨우치게 해 주리라!) Urineun muryeog-eulolado neoui tan-abbad-eun baegseong-eul jayurobge hago kkaeuchige hae jurira!
SejongDefeated: Now the question is who will protect my people. A dark age has come. (이제 나의 백성들은 누가 지켜준단 말인가. 암흑의 시대가 도래하였구나.) ije naui baegseongdeul-eun nuga jikyeojundan mal-inga. Amheug-ui sidaega dolaehayeot-guna!
SejongHateHello: Oh, it's you. (Using disrespectful/informal "nom") Ah. Ee-nom-iroh-gu-na.
SejongHateLetsHearit01: What are you saying? [hostile tone] (무슨말이야?) Museunmal-iya?
SejongHateLetsHearit02: So? (그래서?) Geuraeseo?
SejongHateLetsHearit03: Informal: Continue speaking. (계속하라.) Gyesog hara.
SejongHateNo01: Heaven forbid! (literally "heaven forbid not") (당치도 않다) Dangchido anhda!
SejongHateNo02: Crazy talk! (어림없는 소리!) Eorim-eobsneun sori!
SejongHateNo03: That cannot be. OR I cannot do that. (그럴 수 없소.) Geu reol su eobs-so.
SejongHateYes01: Hm. Very well, fine. (흠. 그래, 좋다.) Heum. Geurae, johda.
SejongHateYes02: I suppose I should agree/do that. Gue-ri heh-yah ha-gehdgi.
SejongHateYes03: That is very good. (아주 좋소.) Aju johso!
SejongIntro: Welcome to the palace of Choson, stranger. I am the learned King Sejong, who looks after his great people. (조선의 궁궐에 당도한 것을 환영하오 낯선 이여. 나는 나의 훌륭한 백성들을 굽어 살피는 깨우친 임금 세종이오.) Joseon-ui gung-gwol-e dangdohan geos-eul hwan-yeonghao nachseon iyeo. naneun naui hullyunghan baegseongdeul-eul gub-eo salpineun kkaeuchin imgeum sejong-io.
SejongNeutralHello: Greetings to you./formal version of "Hello" (안녕하시오.) Annyeonghashee-o
SejongNeutralLetsHearit01: I will hear it/I'm listening. Duro bu gae so
SejongNeutralLetsHearit02: 계속해 보시오. (Please continue speaking/You may continue). Gyesog hae boseo.
SejongNeutralLetsHearit03: "Therefore, after that" or "Continue" ("하여", an ancient expression) Hayeo.
SejongNeutralNo01: I cannot do that. Gue-ri hal-su-ohb-soh.
SejongNeutralNo02: I will not do that. (아니하겠소.) Anihagesso.
SejongNeutralNo03: I will excuse myself/I will not accept it. (사양하겠소.) Sayanghagesso.
SejongNeutralYes01: That is good/Very well. (좋소.) johso.
SejongNeutralYes02: I understand.
SejongNeutralYes03: Of course. (물론이오) Mullon-io.
SejongPeaceful: How can it be this way? What strategies did you implement? (어찌 이럴수가. 어떠한 전략을 운영한 것이냐.) Eojji ireol-suga. Eotteohan jeonryag-eul un-yeonghan geos-inya?
SejongRequest: Comrades, we have many things to discuss and have much to benefit from each other. (동지여, 우리는 상의해야할 것이 많고, 서로에게 얻을 수 있는 것이 많소.) Dongjiyeo, urineun sang-uihaeyahal geos-i manhgo, seoro-ege eod-eul su issneun geos-i manhso.

Gods and Kings Translations

Attila the Hun
Speaks broken Chuvash with many grammatical errors and mispronunciations. Still, the voice actor is amazing, just the right amount of menace and bluster.
Sources: XML, Red Khan, who compiled a list of translations from the following sources: people on Russian linguistics forum Lingvoforum (users Awwal12, SWR and especially Zhendoso), Youtube users Ulahp and reflejo2 (A scholar of Turkic philology, and a native speaker specializing in Chuvash, check out his channel if you want to hear real Chuvash speech).
Red Khan also looked into game's XML files and found out that some lines might be the ones that were given to the translator.

Notes: This is certainly modern Chuvash, there are many loanwords from Arabic, which entered the Bulgar language after the adoption of Islam in the 10th century (Chuvash is a direct descendant from this language) and loanwords from Russian from as late as the 20th century. Both of these were not possible in Attila's time. Arabic was restricted to the Arabic peninsula and Russian didn't even exist (Proto-Slavic, from which all Slavic languages emerged did). Originally there was no T–V distinction in Chuvash, although under the influence of Russian, it has been entering usage since 20th century. Officially Chuvash uses the Cyrillic alphabet (minority languages in Russia are restricted by law from using any other alphabet), but the Latin alphabet is also used unofficially. Transcriptions below are in both alphabets (first Latin then Cyrillic). Firaxis likely chose Chuvash to represent Attila because according to some scholars, the Hunnic language belonged to the Oghur branch of Turkic languages, although it is not a commonly accepted theory. Most probably the scholar whom Firaxis contacted was a supporter of this theory and recommended Chuvash, as it is the only surviving member of the Oghur branch.

Attacked: Ku mĕn vara!? Esĕ manran hăvăn pujanlăha hamăn (manăn?) pysăk tupăšlăh şumne(?) hušma yjtan. Jyhrava jyšănnă. / Ку мĕн вара!? Эсĕ манран хăвăн пуйанлăха хамăн (манăн?) пысăк тупăшлăх ҫумне(?) хушма ыйтан. Йыхрава йышăннă. Now what is this?! You ask me to add your riches to my great avails. The invitation is accepted.
Note: Wrong words, wrong tone, missing sounds. Maybe this line from XML was used: "Try that again, and I'll add your gold to my riches as well."
DeclaresWar: Mana şakă tron jălăhtarma puşlarĕ. Un vyrănne manăn SAN tron şine laras ???[šuhăš] pur. / Мана çакă трон йăлăхтарма пуçларĕ. Ун вырăнне манăн САН трон çине ларас ???[шухăш] пур. I'm getting bored of this throne (of mine). I have ??? to sit on YOUR throne instead.
From XML: I grow tired of this throne. I think I should like to have yours instead. Note: It seems that the voice actor understands the word "tron" (throne), which was loaned from Russian during Soviet times. He pronounces it in a very Russian way and emphasizes it.
Defeated: Manăn halăh mana kuşşul' mar şyn junĕpe hujhărsa makărasšăn-i? / Манăн халăх мана куҫҫуль мар ҫын юнĕпе хуйхăрса макăрасшăн-и? My people mourn me not with tears but with human blood. (XML: My people will mourn me not with tears but with the blood of men.)
Wrong usage: hujhărsa makăr 'cry grieving' for 'mourn' which is hühle, wrong syntax: kuşşulĕ mar şyn junĕpe correct: kuşşulĕpe mar, şyn junĕpe, off-course pronunciation, wrong grammar: wrong: makărasšan 'willing to cry' correct makărĕ 'will cry'. And of course, this isn't a question, so -i? (a question particle) - mustn't be used.
HateHello: Mĕn kirlĕ? / Мĕн кирлĕ? What do you want?
HateLetsHearIt01: Ku mĕn-ha vara? / Ку мĕн-ха вара? Now what is this?
HateLetsHearIt02: Vara? / Вара? So what?
HateLetsHearIt03: Malalla tu! / Малалла ту! (Literally: "Forward do", phrase in Chuvash sounds as bad as the literal translation in English.) Continue!
HateNo01: Two variants: 1) Kăna jyšănma maj şuk. / Кăна йышăнма май çук. It is not possible to accept. 2) Sana jyšănma maj şuk. / Сана йышăнма май çук. There's no way to take you in.
HateNo02: Esĕ uhmaha tuhnă! / Эсӗ ухмаха тухна! You are mad! (from XML), literally "You turned into a fool!"
Note: word "uhmaha" (fool) is a loanword from Arabic (aḥmaḳ). It's actually the first word in Harun al-Rashid's and Ramesses's attacked speeches.
HateNo03: Two variants: 1) Viles kilet-i? Hăvărt ăsatam. / Вилес килет-и? Хăвăрт ăсатам. Do you want to die? I'll see to it at once. (Literally "I'll take/lead you (to the next world) at once.") 2) Viles kilet-i vara sanăn? - So, you want to die, don't you?
HateYes01: Pitĕ lajăh. Kalaşsa tatăltămăr. / Питĕ лайăх. Калаçса татăлтăмăр. Very well. Agreed. [Note: Lajăh (good, well) is a loanword from Arabic (lāyiḳ).]
HateYes02: Şapla! / Çапла! Exactly!
HateYes03: Pitĕ lajăh. / Питĕ лайăх. Very well.
Intro: Esĕ halĕ Attila umĕnche, Rim hulin inkek-sinkekĕ. / Эсӗ халĕ Аттила умĕнче, Рим хулин инкек-синкекĕ. (Wrong usage, wrong syntax, wrong articulation.) You are now in front of Attila, the misfortunes of the city of Rome. (poor translation to Chuvash).

After that, two variants: 1) Avan man kămăllăhn ukkerme irĕk an par / Аван ман кăмăллăхн уккерме ирĕк ан пар. Syntactically incorrect sentence, literally "good my mood drop will (as in willpower) don't". Should have been either "Avan kămălna ukerme irĕk an par" (Do it in such way that i won't ruin your good mood) or "Man avan kămălămа űkerme irĕk pamastăp" (I won't allow to ruin my good mood)
2) Avan, man kămăllă hăna ük.. "Well, my lovely guest, fall... [i think he says something like kneel before me but it's not clear]."
XML contains the following line: "You are in the presence of Attila, scourge of Rome. Do not let hubris be your downfall as well." Attila was actually called "the Scourge of God", not "Scourge of Rome." [Note: Judging by the way the first sentenced is pronounced, you can tell that voice actor doesn't have a clue about what he is saying. He pauses between "Attila" and the next word "umĕnche" (literal translation would be "You now Attila-front"). No native speaker of a Turkic language would make a pause in that place, the reason the voice actor does it is the comma after "Attila" in the English sentence.

NeutralHello: Lajăh kĕtse julcĕş / Лайăх кĕтсе илчĕç. They received well. (Maybe it's an attempt to say "We welcome you.")
NeutralLetsHearIt01: Jalanhi pekeh tu malalla / Яланхи пекех ту малалла. Let's proceed as usual. Note: Incorrect; funny phrase for a native-speaker.
NeutralLetsHearIt02: Malalla tusa pyr / Малалла туса пыр. Continue. Note: Even funnier phrase for a native-speaker.
NeutralLetsHearIt03: Şapla-i, tusăm? / Ҫапла-и, тусăм? Do you agree, my friend?
NeutralNo01: Manăn kunpa kilĕšmelle mar. / Манăн кунпа килĕшмелле мар. I must refuse, literally "I shouldn't agree to this."
NeutralNo02: Şuk. / Çук. No.
NeutralNo03: Halĕ mar. / Халĕ мар. Not now. Note: "Halĕ" (now) is a loanword from Arabic (ḥālen)
NeutralYes01: Pitĕ lajăh. / Питĕ лайăх. Very well.
NeutralYes02: Veşeh lajăh. / Вĕçĕх лайăх. All is good. Note: word "veşeh" (all) is a slightly changed loanword from Russian (весь/ves').
NeutralYes03: Kalaşsa tatălnă. / Калаçса татăлнă. Agreed.
Peaceful: Hăš cuhne şuhatu pulat', hut' te mĕnle tărăšsa hatĕrlensen te. / Хăш чухне çухату пулать, хуть те мĕнле тăрăшса хатĕрленсен те. Sometimes you endure losses, however well you've tried at preparations. From XML: Sometimes a loss occurs despite the best attempt at preparation. Note: Word "hut'" (even/however/despite) is loanword (no later than 18th century) from Russian (хоть/hot'). "Hatĕrlensen" is a derivative from "hatĕr" (ready), a loanword from Arabic (ḥāżir).
Request: Kil-ha! Kunta numaj kilĕšü hucĕsem tumalla. / Кил-ха! Кунта нумай килĕшÿ хучĕсем тумалла. Come here! There are lots of agreement papers to do.
From XML: "Come, there are many great treaties to be drawn!" Note: "Kil-ha" (come) is probably used incorrectly, since it's used only to ask/give an order to another person to physically come to you, not as invitation to start some action, as in "Come, let's do it".

Boudicca
Modern Welsh.
Source: Smokey Monkey
BoudicaAttacked: You dare! I will be the one owning your head/I will own your head! ("Ti feiddia! Mae fi bydd yn perchen ar dy ben di!")
BoudicaDeclaresWar: I've been watching you, you're most devious!/you devious pigs! To guard/arms patriots! (We) March to war! ("Mae fi'n wylio a ti, yr hen mwyach a ffiaithdra/mochau ffiaithdra! I'r gad(?) gwladgarwyr! Marchogon i rhyfel!")
BoudicaDefeated: Evil/Awful King! You realised that you 'won' this war in name only? ("Erchrydus Frenin! Ti yr wythost yn enw yn unig yr 'enillaist' y rhyfel hon?")
BoudicaHateHello: Well? ("Wel?")
BoudicaHateLetsHearIt01: Forward! Before I change my mind! ("Ymlaen! Cyn i mi newid fy meddwl!")
BoudicaHateLetsHearIt02: And? ("A?")
BoudicaHateLetsHearIt03: Speak! ("Siarada!")
BoudicaHate01: That's unacceptable! ("Hyna'n anerbyniol!")
BoudicaHate02: A thousand times no! ("Mil waith na!")
BoudicaHate03: Never! ("Byth!")
BoudicaHate01 AND 02: These are exactly the same but voiced twice, they use a well known Welsh phrase "Ych a fi" which is basically "Eugh/Disgusting! Fine/Okay then..." ("Ych a fi! O'r gorau...")
BoudicaHate03: But if I have to... ("Ond os oes rhaid i mi...")
BoudicaIntro: I am Boudica, Queen of the Celts, and nobody better try rushing me. ("Mae fi yw Buddug, Brenhines y Celtiaid, a peidiad neb am tra frysio i.")
BoudicaNeutralHello: God has given good to you." (("Duw a rhoddod da i chi")
BoudicaNeutralLetsHearIt01 AND 02: Voiced twice. "We are all ears..." ("Rydym yn glustiau i gyd...")
BoudicaNeutralLetsHearIt03: "Forward." (Not the best word to use here.) ("Ymlaen.")
BoudicaNeutralNo01: We must refuse/decline. ("Mae'n rhaid i ni wrthod.")
BoudicaNeutralNo02: No. ("Na.")
BoudicaNeutralNo03: We refuse/decline. ("Rydym yn gwrthod")
BoudicaNeutralYes01: Okay. ("Iawn")
BoudicaNeutralYes02: Unintelligible speech + Sure. ("Byd(?) siwr.")
BoudicaNeutralYes03: Accepted/acceptable. ("Cytynwyd.")
BoudicaPeaceful: Good play/Well played, fellow warrior. ("Chwarae da, cydrhyfelwr.") They should've put "Chwarae teg," a well known phrase for "Fair play," instead of "Chwarae da" which sounds rubbish ...
BoudicaRequest: "Let us unite our armies, and profit from the challenges" ("Gadewch i ni uno ein byddinoedd, ac elwa o'r herwydd.")

Queen Dido
Canaaninte/Phoenician, with modern Israeli accent (but this is not Hebrew, not modern and not classical).
Source: jinzou
Intro: The Phoenicians welcome you to this most pleasant kingdom. I am Dido, the queen of Carthago and all that belongs to it [lit. The Canaanite bless you to the most pleasant kingdom. I am Dido, the queen of Qart Hadasht and everything that is hers). (brwkw hknʻnh ʼt ʼth lmmlkt hnʻmn. ʼnwk didw hmlkt qrt hdšt wkwl hwʼ lh.)
DeclaresWar: Tell me, do you-all know how numerous my armies, elephants and the *gdadons (the ones that cut apart, probably warships) are? *laugh* No? Today, you shall find out... (dybr ly, tdʻw kmh rb mḥnt wpylym whgddnym? *laugh* bl? tdʻw hywm!)
Attacked: Fate is against you. You earned the animosity of Carthago by your ??? ???. Your days are numbered. [lit. Fate doesn't describe you. You uncovered the animosity of Carthago by your ? May your day fail/go out] (Bl ʼrš mzl ʼt ʼth. glyt ʼt šnʼt qrt hdšt b??? ???. pwq ywmk!)
Defeated: The fates came to hate me. This is ? You wouldn't destroy us so without their help. (nšnh mzlym ʼty. znh ????. ʼth bl tšḥwtw bly ʻzr mn šhm!)
HateHello: What now? (mh ʻkšwt hywm?)
HateLetsHearIt01: You were saying? (dybrt?)
HateLetsHearIt02: Go on. (Hlk.)
HateNo01: You are not honest! [lit. you are not straight!] (ʼth bl yšr!)
HateNo02: What?! [lit. What did you say!?] (mh dybrt!?)
HateYes01: Fine, fine... (nʻm, nʻm)
HateYes02: If I must* [lit. If I will ??? this] ʼm ???? zn
NeutralHello: It is done/complete (could also mean innocent/honest)
NeutralLetsHearIt01: Lets hear it [lit. allow me to hear it] (ʼršn šmʻ zn)
NeutralLetsHearIt02: Go on. (hlk)
NeutralNo01: This is not enough [lit. Make (it) sufficient] (tšpwq)
NeutralNo02: No. (bl)
NeutralNo03: Don't request this!/This is not a valid request! (bl bqš!)
NeutralYes01: Done [lit. (it is) complete] (tm)
NeutralYes02: Fine. (nʻm)
Request: I had an idea and I realized I should ??? it to you! (ʼnwk ḥšb dybr wydʻty, t???? lʻth!)[/QUOTE]

Gustavus Adolphus the Great
Speaks formal Swedish.
Source: Migmar
Attacked: Hahaha, captain Gars will be very glad to head out to war again. (Hahaha, kapten Gars kommer att bli mycket glad över att ge sig ut i krig igen.)
DeclaresWar: The Hakkapeliittas will ride again and your men will fall just at the sight of my cavalry! [German] God with us! (Hakkapeliterna kommer rida igen och era män kommer att stupa vid bara åsynen av mitt kavalleri. Gott mit uns!)
Defeated: I am the King of Sweden. You can take my lands, my people, my kingdom, but you will never reach the House of Vasa. (Jag är Sveriges konung. Ni kan ta min mark, mitt folk, mitt rike, men ni kommer aldrig åt Vasaätten.)
HateHello: Oh, it is you. (Jaså, det är ni.)
HateLetsHearIt01: What is it now? (Vad är det nu?)
HateLetsHearIt02: So? (Så?)
HateLetsHearIt03: Go on. (Fortsätt.)
HateNo01: That is unacceptable. (Det är oacceptabelt.)
HateNo02: You can't be serious? (Ni kan inte mena allvar?)
HateNo03: What did you say? (Hursa?)
HateYes01: Aargh, very well! (Aargh, mycket bra!)
HateYes02: Hoo, very well. (Håå, mycket bra!)
HateYes03: Bah, I guess I have no choice. (Bah, jag har väl inte något val.)
Intro: Stranger, welcome to the kingdom of the Snow King! I am Gustavus Adolphus, member of the esteemed House of Vasa. (Främling, välkommen till Snökonungens rike! Jag är Gustav Adolf, medlem av den aktade Vasaätten.)
NeutralHello: Oh, welcome! (Ah, välkommen!)
NeutralLetsHearIt01: Let us hear. (Låt oss höra.)
NeutralLetsHearIt02: Go on! (Fortsätt.)
NeutralLetsHearIt03: I am listening (Jag lyssnar.)
NeutralNo01: I must decline (Jag måste avböja.)
NeutralNo02: No, absolutely not. (Nej, absolut inte.)
NeutralNo03: We must decline. (Vi måste avböja.)
NeutralYes01: Very good! (Mycket bra!)
NeutralYes02: Gladly! (Gärna det!)
NeutralYes03: Hah, excellent! (Hah, utmärkt!)
Peaceful: Enjoy your victory while you can. It will not be long-lasting. (Njut av segern medan ni kan. Det kommer inte bli långvarig.)
Request: My friend, it is my belief that this settlement can benefit both our peoples. (Min vän, det är min övertygelse att den uppgörelse kan gagna både mitt och ert folk

Haile Selassie I
Speaks Amharic.
Attacked: You prey upon the weak around you, ever hungry, never satisfied. After us, who is next? We will stand strong and protect. (lit. "Mean people silence, makes them a winner. We will not sit and watch you do whatever you wish. We will not allow you.")
Declares War: I tried so many ways but you continue doing madness (mad things?). I wish you a swift end.
Defeated: Today, God and history will remember your action. You are ready to do wrongful judgment.
Hate Hello: What do you want?
Hate Let's Hear It 01: You said it.
Hate Let's Hear It 02: What?/And?
Hate Let's Hear It 03: Continue.
Hate No 01: That is unacceptable.
Hate No 02: You are not sure about it.
Hate No 03: Please repeat that for me.
Hate Yes 01: Fine, in my understanding.
Hate Yes 02: It is clear.
Intro: A thousand welcomes to our fair nation. I am Haile Selassie, the Ras Tafari Makonnen and Emperor of Ethiopia, your humble servant. (lit. "Dear fellow nation, welcome. I am Emperor Haile Selassie Ras Teferi mekonnen of Ethiopia, your sincere server.")
Neutral Hello: Welcome.
Neutral Let's Hear It 01: Continue.
Neutral Let's Hear It 02: I am listening.
Neutral Let's Hear It 03: Yes?
Neutral No 01: It is not right.
Neutral No 02: We oppose because it is not right.
Neutral No 03: But I feel the agreement is done.
Neutral Yes 01: Great.
Neutral Yes 02: An agreement has been reached.
Neutral Yes 03: Our heart and soul is very much satisfied.
Peaceful: Today is the day of victory over our enemy. Our heart and soul is satisfied. Think about the situation. Believe in our nation as it is very important.
Request: This situation, you better think as I believe for both our people, it is very important and useful.

Maria Theresa
Speaks Viennese-accented German with a few old-fashioned words.
Sources: Patruso, corrections by Andulias, Guandao, Siriuskar
Intro: The Archduchess of Austria welcomes his Eminence... ahh... let's get it over with. At four we'll dine. (Die Erzherzogin von Österreich heißt Ihre Eminenz willkommen...ach... Bringen wir es hinter uns. Um vier wird gespeist.)
Peaceful: I see you admire my new damask. Nobody should say that I am an unjust woman. Let's reach an agreement. (Ich sehe, Ihr bewundert meinen neuen Damast. Soll keiner sagen, ich sei eine ungerechte Frau. Treffen wir ein Abkommen!)
Defeated: The world is pitiful! There's no beauty in it, no wisdom. I am almost glad to go. (Die Welt is zum Erbarmen! Keine Schönheit mehr darinnen, keine Weisheit. Fast bin ich froh, dass ich geh'.)
Declare War: Shame that it has come this far. But you wished it so/This was your wish. Next time, be so good, choose your words more wisely. (Schad, dass es soweit hat kommen müssen. Aber Ihr habt es so gewollt. Beim nächsten mal, seid so gut, wählt Eure Worte weiser.)
Attacked: What a fool you are! You will end swiftly and patheticly. (Was für ein Narr Ihr seid! Ihr werdet schnell und elendlich enden.)
NeutralYes01: old fashioned word in Southern-German & Austrian dialects for "Okay!" (Freilich!)
NeutralYes02: Agreed! (Einverstanden!)
NeutralYes03: Very nice! (Sehr schön!)
No01: Certainly not! (Gewiss nicht!)
No02: We reject! (Wir lehnen ab!)
Neutral hello: Hello! (literally "Greet God!")(Grüss Gott!)
Neutral Let's hear: Go on! (Fahrt fort!)
Neutral Letshearit02 and 03 Yes? (Ja?)
HatesYes01: Well, if it must be. (Oh, wenn's sein muss.)
HatesYes02: I guess I have no other choice. (Es bleibt mir wohl nichts anderes übrig.)
HatesYes03: I agree! (Ich stimme zu!)
HatesNo01: That's unacceptable! (Das ist inakzeptabel!)
HatesNo02: You can't be serious?! (Das kann nicht euer Ernst sein?!)
HatesNo03: Pardon me? (Wie bitte?)
HateLetsHear01: Come again? (literally "You said?") (Ihr sagtet?)
HateLetsHear02: Go on! (Weiter!)
Hate Hello: Oh, it's you! (Oh, Ihr seid's!)
HateLetshearit02 And? (Und?!)
Request: I see you admire my new damask. Nobody should say that I am an unjust woman. Let's make a deal/reach an agreement. (Ich sehe, Ihr bewundert meinen neuen Damast. Soll keiner sagen, ich sei eine ungerechte Frau. Treffen wir eine Abmachung!)

Pacal
Speaks Yucatec.
Sources: Dialog XML, Pikachao
Intro: Greetings, wayward one. I am known as Pacal.
Attacked *creepy laugh* (Apparently this is the creepy laugh that was originally intended for Lose_war02.
DeclareWar Prepare for destruction! OR A sacrifice unlike all others must be made!
Defeated: Today comes pain that is always hot. With you comes the path to the black storm. (Behla’e’ tal lelo’ Yah U laylie k’iinal. yetel tal A beh u ch’en.)
The "black storm" is likely related to the whole Mayan apocalypse, as the glyph for ch'en appears in the haab' calender as the 9th month.
Hate Hello: You. (Tech)
Hate Yes 1: Oh...fine, okay (oh...Maalob tun)
Neutral Hello: Fine day; it helps you. (Maalob k'iin, anat ti tech) (ti is a third person singular pronoun, it is pretty much the closest i can get)
Neutral Let's hear It: not necessary (ma' k'abeet) [Ed: Notice that Firaxis put the wrong line in. This isn't the first time they've done this.]
Neutral Let's Hear it 1: If you must show me (Ete) (Literally: If must show)
NeutralNo02 No no, too much trouble. (ma' ma' ba'te'el - although the last word could also potentially be bek'ech, which would change the phrase to "no no, too slim/ too little" Pacal was hard to understand there.)
Neutral Yes: Fine, Okay. (Ma'alob tun)
Neutral Yes 3: Fine (Maalob)
Request Friend, I believe I may have found a way to save us all! Look, look and accept my offering! OR The rage of the Gods be upon you, lest you heed my offer. (IMO, the voice actor's tone implies the line is the former, not the latter).

Theodora
Speaks Byzantine Greek.
Source: ariston2
Attacked: Now that riots are needed, friend, we'll teach you a lesson. Νυν ,φίλε, αι ταραχαί ουν πρέπουσιν, διδάξομε σε μάθημα. (Nyn ,phile , ae tarahae oun prepousin, didaksome se mathima.)
Declares War: It has always been a shame throwing away beauty. Thankfully, not like that.) Αεί αισχύνεται απόλυσθαι το κάλος. Ευτυχώς, ουκ οιούτως. (Aye aeschinete apolisthe to kalos. Eftychos, ouk ioutos.)
Defeated: I hope you knew that to act (and you acted) like that. Just know that in this world nobody will aid a traitor. Ελπίζω σε οίδεσθες αυτό και ό έδρασας. Γνώθι σε μόνον ετούτο τον κόσμο μηδείς οφελήσει προδότην. (Elpizo se idesthes afto kai o edrasas. Gnothi se monon etouto ton kosmo midis ofelisi prodotin.)
Hate agrees01: It must be good. Μάλιστα δει τα. (Malista di ta).
Hate agrees02: Where am I needed? Πού χρείμαι; (Pou chrimae?)
Hate agrees03: Agreed. Ομολογείται (Omologitae)
Hate disagrees01: That's unlikely. (?)Τούτο δυσχερής (Touto dischaeris)
Hate disagrees02: Definitely not. Ουκ ει σπουδαίως (ouk y spoudaeos).
Hate disagrees03: Excuse me?! Συν συγνώμιν έχων;! ( syn sygnomin echon?!).
Hate hello: (?)
Hate Letshearit01: Tell me. Ειπέ μοι ( Ipe mi )
Hate Letshearit02: What? Τι; (Ti?)
Hate Letshearit03: Move on. Προχώρει (Prochori)
Intro Oh! A miracle in front of my eyes (something like that maybe). What is the name of(maybe) the good stranger? I am Theodora, friend of Byzantium. Ω μων οπίων θαύμα! Ποιον όνομα επί μοι σε ο καλός ξένος; Είμαι η Θεοδόρα, η φίλη του Βυζαντίου. (O mon opion thavma! Pion onoma epi mi se o kalos ksenos. Ime i Theodora, i fili tou Vyzantiou.)
Neutral Hello : Μέλλιμα (?).(Melima).Sweet.
Neutral Letshearit 1 : Έθελες τι; (Etheles ti?) Did you want something?
Neutral Letshearit 2 : Ακούω. (Akouo) I'm listening
Neutral Letshearit 3 : Ναι, φίλτατος; (Ne filtatos?) Yes, my friend? (bad grammar, it should be filtate)
Neutral No 1: Ου δ'ίππου (?) . (Ou th'ippou) Not even with a horse (?) ( In modern Greek we say "not even with bullets" which means "No way")
Neutral No 2: Δει υμάς απωθείν . (Thi imas apothin). It's needed to repel you.
Neutral No 3: Αθύμως ούκ . (Athimos ouk) . Reluctantly, no.
Neutral Yes 1: Δι'ίππου φίλε. (Thi'ippou file). With a horse my friend(Right away?). (Again in modern Greek we say "with a thousand mph" which means "right away", but I may have translated it wrong)
Neutral Yes 2: Ομολογείται. (Omologite) Agreed
Neutral Yes 3: Άριστα (Arista) . Perfect
Peaceful: Λέξω ότι τούτω ούτος τερπνόν ήν, ημών ομολογεί; Εγώ δει πολύ ήδομαι νικείν ( Lekso oti touto outos terpnon in , imon omologi? Ego thi poly idomen ikin). I'd say this was so delightfull, don't you agree? I must say, winning satisfies me so much
Request : Ήκουσα σε πρέποντα ταις αλλοτρίας ομιλίας...Με δείξας (Ikousa se preponta tes allotrias omilias...me diksas) I heard nice things from you in your latest sayings...show me. (Again her sentences are so wrong grammaticaly that it's hard to make sense)

William of Orange
Speaks Dutch with some antiquated words.
Sources: drunik, ToothedBomb
WilliamOfOrangeAttacked Thou callest thyself an exalted monarch, yet I see no more than a dressed-up....b-barbarian! ("Gij noemt uzelf een verheven vorst, maar ik zie niet anders dan een fijn uitgedoste... b-barbaar!")
WilliamOfOrangeDeclareWar Much as I loathe war, I-I consider it a, hahaha, a support to the public cause, to erase thy existence. ("Hoezeer ik oorlog ook verafschuw, i-ik acht het een, hahaha, een dienstbetoon aan de gemene zaak om uw bestaan... uit te wissen.")
WilliamOfOrangeDefeated "My God, be merciful to my soul. My God, feel pity for this... my poor people. ("Mijn God, wees mijn ziel genadig. Mijn God, heb mededogen met dit... mijn arme volk.")
WilliamOfOrangeHateHello What wantest thou? ("Wat begeert gij?")
WilliamOfOrangeHateLetsHearIt01 What now? ("Wat nu?")
WilliamOfOrangeHateLetsHearIt02 And? ("En?")
WilliamOfOrangeHateLetsHearIt03 Speak up. ("Spreek op.")
WilliamOfOrangeHateNo01 That is unacceptable. ("Dat is onacceptabel.")
WilliamOfOrangeHateNo02 Thou canst mean that in seriousness. ("Dat kunt ge niet in ernst menen.")
WilliamOfOrangeHateNo03 Excuse me? ("Verschoon mij?")
WilliamOfOrangeHateYes01 Hmph, very well. ("Hmpf, heel goed.")
WilliamOfOrangeHateYes02 "... think, I have no other choice!" ("... dunkt, ik kan niet anders!")
WilliamOfOrangeHateYes03 Excellent! ("Uitstekend!")
WilliamOfOrangeIntro I... am William of Orange, Stadhouder ( of the Netherlands. Is there anything thou needest? T-there's still a lot for me to do."
("Ik... ben Willem van Oranje, stadhouder over de Nederlanden. Behoeft gij iets? M-mij staat nog veel te doen.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralHello Once again, greetings. ("Wederom, gegroet.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralLetsHearIt01 Go ahead. ("Gaat uw gang.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralLetsHearIt02 I hear [you]. ("Ik hoor.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralLetsHearIt03 Yes? "Ja?"
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralNo01 I must...refuse. ("Ik moet... weigeren.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralNo02 Certainly not! ("Zeker niet!")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralNo03: Rejected. (Afgewezen.)
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralYes01: Very well. ("Heel goed.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralYes02 Excellent. ("Uitstekend.")
WilliamOfOrangeNeutralYes03 "Thus it is agreed." ("Aldus overeengekomen.")
WilliamOfOrangePeaceful "May this have been a lesson for you. Hopefully... thou shalt remember it. (Moge dit een les voor u geweest zijn. Hopelijk... zult gij die blijven gedenken.)
WilliamOfOrangeRequest "I believe I have something that may be of some importance to thee." (Ik geloof dat ik iets heb wat u enig belang zal inboezemen.)

That would be great! Could you move the DLC and Expack leader languages up into posts 2 and 3?

Done :).
Created 3 new posts, copied the translations over, and deleted the original posts (don't think they are necessary; if you still need them, then tell me). The 3rd post is just preemptively, might be that you need more space (e.g. for expanding the things a bit more...don't know, just in case).

Thanks! :D

Also, I found in Wikipedia a reason why Chuvash was used for Attila's lines:
The ancestors of the Chuvash were Turkic Bulgars and Suars residing in the Northern Caucasus in the 5th to 8th centuries (after having been driven from the Pannonian Basin following the death of their greatest leader, Attila).

Thanks EulerMcE, Dido is very... interesting.... She speaks Canaaninte/Phoenician, with modern Israeli accent (but this is not Hebrew, not modern and not classical). I really like her "declares war" line.

Here is what I could make out after listening to the sound files, I will update it if I make out the missing parts (I can also add transliterations if you want):

Edit: added transcriptions with matres lectionis, but without geminations or vowels, also fixed some translations

DidoIntro: The Phoenicians welcome you to this most pleasent kingdom. I am Dido, the queen of Carthago and all that belongs to it [lit. The Canaanite bless you to the most pleasent kingdom. I am Dido, the queen of Qart Hadasht and evrything that is hers). brwkw hknʻnh ʼt ʼth lmmlkt hnʻmn. ʼnwk didw hmlkt qrt hdšt wkwl hwʼ lh.
DidoDeclaresWar: Tell me, do you-all know how numerous my armies, elephants and the *gdadons (the ones that cut apart, probably refers to warships) are? <LOL> No? Today, you-all shall find out... dybr ly, td&#699;w kmh rb m&#7717;nt wpylym whgddnym? <LOL> bl? td&#699;w hywm!
DidoAttacked: The fate is against you. You earned the animosity of Carthago by your ??? ???. Your days are numbered. [lit. The fate doesn't describe you. You uncovered the animosity of Carthago by your ???? ????. May your day fail/go out] bl &#700;rš mzl &#700;t &#700;th. glyt &#700;t šn&#700;t qrt hdšt b??? ???. pwq ywmk!
DidoDefeted: The fates became to hate me. This is ????. You wouldn't destroy us so without their help. nšnh mzlym &#700;ty. znh ????. &#700;th bl tš&#7717;wtw bly &#699;zr mn šhm!
DidoHateHello: What now? mh &#699;kšwt hywm?
DidoHateLetsHearIt01: You were saying? dybrt?
DidoHateLetsHearIt02: Go on. hlk
DidoHateNo01: You are not honest! [lit. you are not straight!] &#700;th bl yšr!
DidoHateNo02: What?! [lit. What did you say!?] mh dybrt!?
DidoHateYes01: Fine, fine... n&#699;m, n&#699;m
DidoHateYes02: If I must* [lit. If I will ??? this] &#700;m ???? zn
DidoNeutralHello: It is done/complete (could also mean innocent/honest, but it seems like they got mixed up here)
DidoNeutralLetsHearIt01: Lets hear it [lit. allow me to hear it] &#700;ršn šm&#699; zn
DidoNeutralLetsHearIt02: Go on hlk
DidoNeutralNo01: This is not enough [lit. Make (it) sufficient] tšpwq
DidoNeutralNo02: No. bl
DidoNeutralNo03: Don't request this!/This is not a valid request! bl bqš!
DidoNeutralYes01: Done [lit. (it is) complete] tm
DidoNeutralYes02: Fine n&#699;m
DidoRequest: I had an idea and I realised I should ??? it to you! &#700;nwk &#7717;šb dybr wyd&#699;ty, t???? l&#699;th!

Yes, give us the transliterations for Dido's dialogue! :)

Where are the Swedes? Must be busy playing the game.
We also need people who understand Amharic and Yucatec (not sure which Mayan language Pacal is speaking)

I checked Dido's XML files
None of the Attacked lines match the actual line

TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_ATTACKED_1
Oh foul, treacherous man! No repentance shall reclaim mine injured self - your acts bring ill between our peoples forever more.
TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_ATTACKED_2
What do you hope to gain from such a wretched act? My elephants will realign your senses for you, free of charge.
TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_ATTACKED_3
With deceit you've come to my harbor - the hypocrite, the serpent. With the gods as my witnesses, you shall repay your debt in blood and toil.

This is the closest declare war line: Tell me - do you know how my army numbers, my trains of elephant or fleets of ship? No? Well, you'll soon find out.

but this declare war line seems close to the actual attacked line: Fate, it seems, has it out for you. Fair Carthage's ire have you aroused in your mockery and measures. Your time has come.

Here are the defeated lines:

TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_DEFEATED_1
To Fate I sue, for now I see all the heavens and earth conspire against me. Fate, the only refuge, the only counsel left.
TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_DEFEATED_2
When I am laid to finally rest in earth, may I be remembered, even as my poor city is consumed in fire and torment.
TXT_KEY_LEADER_DIDO_DEFEATED_3
A pyre I think, one befitting of a goddess. Its flames shall lick across the water's edge, dancing in concert with the stars above. Death is now my welcome guest.

Thanks guys, added to the front page. Out of curiosity: jinzou, how did you get the translations for the Canaanite language? Did you study it? Or find someone who knew it?

Small point for Maria Theresa, but is it not 'Die Erzherzogin von Österreich heißt Eure Eminenz willkommen' and therefore 'The Archduchess of Austria welcomes your Eminence'? Makes more sense as she's addressing the player rather than someone else, and it's also consistent with her use of the second person plural formal form. Could have just been a typo, though - sorry to be picky...

By the way, gotta say I love what you guys are doing on this thread, wish I was a better linguist so I could play more of a part in contributing to it...keep up the good work. :)

Small point for Maria Theresa, but is it not 'Die Erzherzogin von Österreich heißt Eure Eminenz willkommen' and therefore 'The Archduchess of Austria welcomes your Eminence'? Makes more sense as she's addressing the player rather than someone else, and it's also consistent with her use of the second person plural formal form. Could have just been a typo, though - sorry to be picky...

By the way, gotta say I love what you guys are doing on this thread, wish I was a better linguist so I could play more of a part in contributing to it...keep up the good work. :)
You have a point, however in English the correct form would be His Eminence even when addressing the Eminence directly. It makes no sense, but that's how it worked as far as I know.

Now looking through Austria again though, "His" should start with a capital letter, there is a typo in Attacked (it's spelled pathetically), and I would swap out "pathetically" for "miserably" as well, there are also two phrases that have been translated as "Go on" even though the wording is different. Maybe change one of them to "Continue"? Doesn't matter which one, they are synonymous.

Got inspired by this thread to contribute a first post. :king: I'm not a member of the Swedish royalty though, just a Finnish peasant. A real Swede may wish to double-check some of the translations, especially the correct spellings for some interjections like "bjööö" or "håå" ;).

1. GustavusAdolphusAttacked: Hahaha, captain Gars will be very glad to get out to war again. (Hahaha, kapten Gars kommer att bli mycket glad över att ge sig ut i krig igen.)
2. GustavusAdolphusDeclaresWar: The Hakkapeliittas will ride again and your men will fall just at the sight of my cavalry! [German] God with us! (Hakkapeliterna kommer rida igen och era män kommer att stupa vid bara åsynen inom mitt kavalleri. Gott mit uns!)
3. GustavusAdolphusDefeated: I am the King of Sweden. You can take my lands, my people, my kingdom, you will never reach the House of Vasa. (Jag är Sveriges konung. Ni kan ta min mark, mitt folk, mitt rike, ni kommer aldrig åt Vasaätten.)
4. GustavusAdolphusHateHello: Oh, it is you. (Jaså, det är ni.)
5. GustavusAdolphusHateLetsHearIt01: What is it now? (Vad är det nu?)
6. GustavusAdolphusHateLetsHearIt02: So? (Så?)
7. GustavusAdolphusHateLetsHearIt03 Go on. (Fortsätt.)
8. GustavusAdophusHateNo01: That is unacceptable. (Det är oacceptabelt.)
9. GustavusAdophusHateNo02: You must be kidding? (Du kan inte mena allvart?)
10. GustavusAdophusHateNo03: What do you mean? (Hurså?)
11. GustavusAdophusHateYes01: Aargh, very well! (Aargh, mycket bra!)
12. GustavusAdophusHateYes02: Hoo, very well. (Håå, mycket bra!)
13. GustavusAdolphusHateYes03: Bah, I guess I have no choice. (Bah, jag har väl inte något val.)
14. GustavusAdolphusIntro: Stranger, welcome to the kingdom of the Snow King! I am Gustavus Adolphus, member of the esteemed House of Vasa. (Främling, välkommen till Snökonungens rike! Jag är Gustav Adolf, medlem av den aktade Vasaätten.)
15. GustavusAdolphusNeutralHello: Oh, welcome! (Ah, välkommen!)
16. GustavusAdolphusNeutralLetsHearIt01: Let us hear. (Låt oss höra.)
17. GustavusAdolphusNeutralLetsHearIt02: Go on! (Fortsätt.)
18. GustavusAdolphusNeutralLetsHearIt03: I am listening (Jag lyssnar.)
19. GustavusAdophusNeutralNo01: I must decline (Jag måste avböja.)
20. GustavusAdophusNeutralNo02: No, absolutely not. (Nej, absolut inte.)
21. GustavusAdophusNeutralNo03: Bjuuu, must decline. (Bjööö, måste avböja.)
22. GustavusAdophusNeutralYes01: Very good! (Mycket bra!)
23. GustavusAdophusNeutralYes02: Gladly! (Gärna det!)
24. GustavusAdophusNeutralYes03: Hah, excellent! (Hah, utmärkt!)
25. GustavusAdolphusPeaceful: Enjoy your victory while you can. It will not be long-lasting. (Njut om seger medan ni kan. Det kommer inte bli långvarig.)
26. GustavusAdolphusRequests: My friend, it is my belief that this settlement can benefit both our peoples. (Min vän, det är min övertygelse att den uppgörelse kan gagna både mitt och ert folk.)

I promised to tell you all if it was Kaqchikel by the way - as I posted in the Gods and Kings Forum,

Pacal does not speak Kaqchikel. And whatever he does speak isn't close to it - so it probably isn't Quiche either.

Odds are its Yucatec.

I promised to tell you all if it was Kaqchikel by the way - as I posted in the Gods and Kings Forum,

Pacal does not speak Kaqchikel. And whatever he does speak isn't close to it - so it probably isn't Quiche either.

Odds are its Yucatec.
I have it on a semi-good authority that it's Yucatec indeed. My father is (was actually - you don't exactly get rich out of working in that field) a philologist, and while Central American languages aren't exactly his strong point, he sounded pretty certain that it's Yucatec. No idea what he's saying though. :) Pacal that is, I do understand my father.

i just notice that i undestand everything that mexican chick says man and i didnt know i knew spanish but i guess i do holmes. probably because all my neighbors speak spanish.
Moderator Action: If this is not spam, then I don't know...

Mexican chick? Isabella of Spain?

Top Bottom