Largest trade route largest beaker count.

AngryB

Chieftain
Had a cracking Science beaker count in my SSC while playing a practice One city challenge Curious to know if anyone has had over 2136 beakers with three trade routes of 45. It was my best but I bet somebody out there has had more.

2136 beakers? Wow! Off the top of my head I do not recall anything close to that. But I have to look to be sure.

That is pretty amazing. I just had a look into the ideal OCC-setup of GOTM #145 and my city was doing 'only' 1936 with superhighways and science lab, before flight. The trade routes were 30, but they are unbonussed.

Unfortunately it only lasted 1 turn then I had to go for flight or my landing date would be delayed. It was a great game to play never seen a more pleasing set up with three wine and a load of grassland river no swamp, jungle, mountains, tundra or desert got an 80 shield harvest to build space parts to but ended up starving to death. 1876 landing date I think I have to know my tech path better things were slow at first only tipped two huts and nearest neighbor was aggressive and aaaall over me. Also my power rating kept changing as I harvested about 20 barbs to defend myself, how does power rating work? is it linked to the size of your army? if so are caravans included. I learned a lot from this game I made mistakes probably the worst was exchanging tech poorly
One curiosity was after I tried the steal the (university) but got pottery instead I tried again but there was no option to steal tech I am guessing that option is blocked for x amount turns is that true?

... got an 80 shield harvest to build space parts to but ended up starving to death.
80 shields is often unachievable. In this case you had 3 wine hills and still could not do it. I rarely even bother. My preferred (left over after support) shields is 60.
Also my power rating kept changing as I harvested about 20 barbs to defend myself, how does power rating work? is it linked to the size of your army?
Your units are not considered in power rating. It depends on three things: population, techs, and money. The exact formula can be found in the war academy of the main Civ2 site here and it can be summarized by
1 citizen = 2.67 techs = 256 gold
One curiosity was after I tried the steal the (university) but got pottery instead I tried again but there was no option to steal tech I am guessing that option is blocked for x amount turns is that true?
No. You can steal tech from any given city only once until it changes hands. To steal more you have to go after other cities. This is a very good measure because otherwise it would be a ridiculous exploit. Any rival could bring a stack of diplomats to a remote city and steal all your techs in one turn.

I looked back through my space race games particularly OCCs and your numbers are phenomenal. The typical good SSC for me maxes out in 1600s. The one and only example I found that passed yours was my SSC in GOTM 145 which was on a custom designed map called "Ideal OCC". I designed everything in that map to create a top notch ideal city for an OCC and it maxed out at 2160 which is only slightly better than your 2136.

What boggles my mind is how you got trade routes worth 45. My ideal OCC's best route was 31. I did not find anything in any of my games that topped low 30s.

The ideal OCC's city site had whale, wine, gold, and oasis. A river ran through every single land tile which other than one forest were all grassland. There were a few ocean tiles just to grant ocean access. Just before flight it had 3 trade routes worth 30, 30, and 31. With 35 citizens and science at 100% it produced 2160 beakers.

5 people submitted that game (GOTM 145) and the earliest finish was in 1723 by Major_Advantage. When did you finish this game in AngryB?

I just reviewed my GOTM 145. In 1590 AD, I was researching Flight. I had apparently converted one of the grasslands to forest (for shields, I suppose). The city was size 32. Beaker count at 100% science was 2048. Tech cost at that time was 2516. On that turn I must have made some deliveries, because I was actually running only 30% science. My three trade routes were 30, 28 and 28.

Top Bottom