New Leaders (art, personalities, diplomacy texts)

Afonso's refuse to talk line is also wrong:

<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_AFONSO_1</Tag>
<English>I thought we banished all your people from [CT_CIV_SHORT]. What are doing here?</English>
<French>I thought we banished all your people from [CT_CIV_SHORT]. What are doing here?</French>
<German>I thought we banished all your people from [CT_CIV_SHORT]. What are doing here?</German>
<Italian>I thought we banished all your people from [CT_CIV_SHORT]. What are doing here?</Italian>
<Spanish>I thought we banished all your people from [CT_CIV_SHORT]. What are doing here?</Spanish>
</TEXT>

It should be [OUR_CIV_SHORT] instead of [CT_CIV_SHORT].

Another mistake: The text you use for Ogedei is for a more agressive and bloodthirsty leader
Originally was for Tamerlane, than Madman suggested to use it for Attila

These are the latest (and IMO the best) diplo lines for Ogedei:
Spoiler :
<!-- ##### DIPLOMACY - New Leader Ogedei Khan - BEGIN ##### -->
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>Welcome, [CT_NAME]. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of [OUR_CIV_SHORT], Supreme Emperor and commander of the world's largest empire! Shall you join us in our global takeover or will we have to subdue you?</English>
<French>Welcome, [CT_NAME]. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of [OUR_CIV_SHORT], Supreme Emperor and commander of the world's largest empire! Shall you join us in our global takeover or will we have to subdue you?</French>
<German>Welcome, [CT_NAME]. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of [OUR_CIV_SHORT], Supreme Emperor and commander of the world's largest empire! Shall you join us in our global takeover or will we have to subdue you?</German>
<Italian>Welcome, [CT_NAME]. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of [OUR_CIV_SHORT], Supreme Emperor and commander of the world's largest empire! Shall you join us in our global takeover or will we have to subdue you?</Italian>
<Spanish>Welcome, [CT_NAME]. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of [OUR_CIV_SHORT], Supreme Emperor and commander of the world's largest empire! Shall you join us in our global takeover or will we have to subdue you?</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>Your lands are in danger of invasion by my armies. You probably heard of me - [OUR_NAME], [OUR_CIV_ADJ] khagan and King of Kings! So, do you want peace for the meantime so we can focus on your weaker neighbours?</English>
<French>Your lands are in danger of invasion by my armies. You probably heard of me - [OUR_NAME], [OUR_CIV_ADJ] khagan and King of Kings! So, do you want peace for the meantime so we can focus on your weaker neighbours?</French>
<German>Your lands are in danger of invasion by my armies. You probably heard of me - [OUR_NAME], [OUR_CIV_ADJ] khagan and King of Kings! So, do you want peace for the meantime so we can focus on your weaker neighbours?</German>
<Italian>Your lands are in danger of invasion by my armies. You probably heard of me - [OUR_NAME], [OUR_CIV_ADJ] khagan and King of Kings! So, do you want peace for the meantime so we can focus on your weaker neighbours?</Italian>
<Spanish>Your lands are in danger of invasion by my armies. You probably heard of me - [OUR_NAME], [OUR_CIV_ADJ] khagan and King of Kings! So, do you want peace for the meantime so we can focus on your weaker neighbours?</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>Leave me alone! I don't know if you've noticed, but some people have a world empire to establish.</English>
<French>Leave me alone! I don't know if you've noticed, but some people have a world empire to establish.</French>
<German>Leave me alone! I don't know if you've noticed, but some people have a world empire to establish.</German>
<Italian>Leave me alone! I don't know if you've noticed, but some people have a world empire to establish.</Italian>
<Spanish>Leave me alone! I don't know if you've noticed, but some people have a world empire to establish.</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>You expect peace? While you stand in the way of our future conquests? Not a chance!</English>
<French>You expect peace? While you stand in the way of our future conquests? Not a chance!</French>
<German>You expect peace? While you stand in the way of our future conquests? Not a chance!</German>
<Italian>You expect peace? While you stand in the way of our future conquests? Not a chance!</Italian>
<Spanish>You expect peace? While you stand in the way of our future conquests? Not a chance!</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>Peace? C'mon, [CT_NAME], I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk! NO!!!</English>
<French>Peace? C'mon, [CT_NAME], I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk! NO!!!</French>
<German>Peace? C'mon, [CT_NAME], I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk! NO!!!</German>
<Italian>Peace? C'mon, [CT_NAME], I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk! NO!!!</Italian>
<Spanish>Peace? C'mon, [CT_NAME], I may be drunk, but I'm not THAT drunk! NO!!!</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>Oh, [CT_NAME], come here. Who's bothering you, eh?</English>
<French>Oh, [CT_NAME], come here. Who's bothering you, eh?</French>
<German>Oh, [CT_NAME], come here. Who's bothering you, eh?</German>
<Italian>Oh, [CT_NAME], come here. Who's bothering you, eh?</Italian>
<Spanish>Oh, [CT_NAME], come here. Who's bothering you, eh?</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>Welcome back to [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! You're just in time for the treasure giveaway! Do you want it in pearls or gold?</English>
<French>Welcome back to [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! You're just in time for the treasure giveaway! Do you want it in pearls or gold?</French>
<German>Welcome back to [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! You're just in time for the treasure giveaway! Do you want it in pearls or gold?</German>
<Italian>Welcome back to [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! You're just in time for the treasure giveaway! Do you want it in pearls or gold?</Italian>
<Spanish>Welcome back to [OUR_CIV_SHORT], [CT_NAME]! You're just in time for the treasure giveaway! Do you want it in pearls or gold?</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>You know, [CT_NAME], it's probably because of your insolence that I have become unable to stop drinking recently. Tell me what you need to say before I pass out...</English>
<French>You know, [CT_NAME], it's probably because of your insolence that I have become unable to stop drinking recently. Tell me what you need to say before I pass out...</French>
<German>You know, [CT_NAME], it's probably because of your insolence that I have become unable to stop drinking recently. Tell me what you need to say before I pass out...</German>
<Italian>You know, [CT_NAME], it's probably because of your insolence that I have become unable to stop drinking recently. Tell me what you need to say before I pass out...</Italian>
<Spanish>You know, [CT_NAME], it's probably because of your insolence that I have become unable to stop drinking recently. Tell me what you need to say before I pass out...</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>[CT_NAME], can I ask a little favor of you? I seem to have squandered quite a bit of cash on building all those palaces and conquering all that land and I need a little something...</English>
<French>[CT_NAME], can I ask a little favor of you? I seem to have squandered quite a bit of cash on building all those palaces and conquering all that land and I need a little something...</French>
<German>[CT_NAME], can I ask a little favor of you? I seem to have squandered quite a bit of cash on building all those palaces and conquering all that land and I need a little something...</German>
<Italian>[CT_NAME], can I ask a little favor of you? I seem to have squandered quite a bit of cash on building all those palaces and conquering all that land and I need a little something...</Italian>
<Spanish>[CT_NAME], can I ask a little favor of you? I seem to have squandered quite a bit of cash on building all those palaces and conquering all that land and I need a little something...</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>The great [OUR_CIV_ADJ] army requests your help for the sake of our friendship.</English>
<French>The great [OUR_CIV_ADJ] army requests your help for the sake of our friendship.</French>
<German>The great [OUR_CIV_ADJ] army requests your help for the sake of our friendship.</German>
<Italian>The great [OUR_CIV_ADJ] army requests your help for the sake of our friendship.</Italian>
<Spanish>The great [OUR_CIV_ADJ] army requests your help for the sake of our friendship.</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>Give us this or we shall come and try to take it by force. Don't test us, [CT_NAME]!</English>
<French>Give us this or we shall come and try to take it by force. Don't test us, [CT_NAME]!</French>
<German>Give us this or we shall come and try to take it by force. Don't test us, [CT_NAME]!</German>
<Italian>Give us this or we shall come and try to take it by force. Don't test us, [CT_NAME]!</Italian>
<Spanish>Give us this or we shall come and try to take it by force. Don't test us, [CT_NAME]!</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>Give me this or my tax-collectors will beat your debts out of you!</English>
<French>Give me this or my tax-collectors will beat your debts out of you!</French>
<German>Give me this or my tax-collectors will beat your debts out of you!</German>
<Italian>Give me this or my tax-collectors will beat your debts out of you!</Italian>
<Spanish>Give me this or my tax-collectors will beat your debts out of you!</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_OGEDEI_1</Tag>
<English>You know, [CT_NAME], out of all the weak and underdefended nations in the world to conquer, I seem to have forgotten yours. However, I might still allow you to run free for a while...</English>
<French>You know, [CT_NAME], out of all the weak and underdefended nations in the world to conquer, I seem to have forgotten yours. However, I might still allow you to run free for a while...</French>
<German>You know, [CT_NAME], out of all the weak and underdefended nations in the world to conquer, I seem to have forgotten yours. However, I might still allow you to run free for a while...</German>
<Italian>You know, [CT_NAME], out of all the weak and underdefended nations in the world to conquer, I seem to have forgotten yours. However, I might still allow you to run free for a while...</Italian>
<Spanish>You know, [CT_NAME], out of all the weak and underdefended nations in the world to conquer, I seem to have forgotten yours. However, I might still allow you to run free for a while...</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_OGEDEI_2</Tag>
<English>Give us this or risk war with our unbeatable hordes!</English>
<French>Give us this or risk war with our unbeatable hordes!</French>
<German>Give us this or risk war with our unbeatable hordes!</German>
<Italian>Give us this or risk war with our unbeatable hordes!</Italian>
<Spanish>Give us this or risk war with our unbeatable hordes!</Spanish>
</TEXT>
<!-- ##### DIPLOMACY - New Leader Ogedei Khan - END ##### -->

EDIT: I added a few more good lines, if you would like to use more...

Very awesome Absinthe! This is exactly the type of stuff we need to root out and fix. :goodjob:

Check out the main thread for some good news.

Another thing that needs to be done is switching Cixi with Wu. I don't think the two would have similar traits, or personalities, or even diplomacy text! I *THINK* Ekmek's DL might have some of this included, but I think it is still worth discussing especially if we want to keep the traits spread around. I'll take a look at some information on her and see what my initial thoughts on what her traits should be.

Not a whole lot to go on, well from Wikipedia at least, for civ traits. At first glance, and without looking at what we already have in our combos, I'd say Organized/Imperialist with Beuracracy as her favorite civic, and Buddhism as her favorite religion.

Switching Cixi is no prob. She didn't have a very appropriate trait combo anyway (Sea, Pro)
I will check the best choices for Wu, but Org/Imp doesn't sound too good as we already have two base leaders there (Charles V, Seti)

Here's some better diplotext for Meiji. I believe I got this from World of Legends:

Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_NAME]-san! It is an honor to meet another distinguished leader. I am the great [OUR_NAME] of the [OUR_EMPIRE], and we come in peace as long as you do.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_NAME]-san, we are aware of your treacherous and wicked nature. We are not ignorant like our isolationalist ancestors as you would think. Begone!</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_NAME]-san, the [OUR_CIV_ADJ] people fight to the death! Onward with this war!</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>Ah, [CT_NAME]-san, it is an honor to meet such an enlightened leader once more. Let us discuss our worldly issues in the calmness of a zen garden, no?</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>Oh... its you, [CT_NAME]-san. What troubles do you bring to the [OUR_EMPIRE] this time?</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_NAME]-san, your wisdom and power spreads across a million realms. The poor [OUR_CIV_ADJ] only ask for a little sharing of it, in the hopes that one day we shall return it.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>Good day, [CT_NAME]-san. As equals on the world stage, as well as allies, is it not necessary for us to once in a while exchange our good fortunes?</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_MEIJI_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_NAME]-san, your existence is a marvel. Why don't you keep the lifeline of [CT_NAME_SHORT] just a little longer, by giving the great imperial [OUR_EMPIRE] a little something?</English>
	</TEXT>

And here's some for Wu, which I wrote myself:

Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>Ni hao, [CT_NAME]. The [OUR_EMPIRE] wishes you good fortune.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>Do not think I cannot detect the vile poison in your words, [CT_NAME].</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>Many would prefer not to see a woman like me on the throne of [OUR_CIV_SHORT]. I will not let them, and certainly not you, remove me.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>Affairs of the state and affairs of the heart can both lead to power. Which are we to discuss this day, [CT_NAME]?</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>These corridors are aflow with whispers of liars, of flatterers... and the missing. Do not listen lest you find the truth of them not to your liking, [CT_NAME].</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>It is hard to prove one's good judgement and statecraft when mired in unnecessary controversy. Perhaps this assurance from [CT_NAME] could help show the truth?</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>I am certain this gift would be to our mutual benefit.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_WU_1</Tag>
		<English>[CT_CIV_SHORT] is nearing the end of its usefulness to me. This might help delay your inevitable... disappearance.</English>
	</TEXT>

@Capo: I came here to upload your updated CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.xml file, so you don't have to work with that.
I changed some lines for Meiji, Ogedei, Kim Jong Il and the Trung Sisters. You should check these changes whether you like them or not...
Also made some small bugfix to Afonso and other various leaders

@Xyth: I like Wu's diplotext, but I think Meiji's not very reflects his personality. He was way more into modernization and was very progressive AFAIK
Though if Capo wants to, maybe I add Wu and merge some of Meiji's lines in the next version...

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.rar
    57 KB · Views: 52
Another thing that needs to be done is switching Cixi with Wu. I don't think the two would have similar traits, or personalities, or even diplomacy text! I *THINK* Ekmek's DL might have some of this included, but I think it is still worth discussing especially if we want to keep the traits spread around. I'll take a look at some information on her and see what my initial thoughts on what her traits should be.

Not a whole lot to go on, well from Wikipedia at least, for civ traits. At first glance, and without looking at what we already have in our combos, I'd say Organized/Imperialist with Beuracracy as her favorite civic, and Buddhism as her favorite religion.

Based on what she did during her brief, -actual- reign?
She's either Imp/Pro or Pro/Org.

Since it looks to me like everyone are just putting up diplotexts...
Spoiler :
...I guess i shall just go with the flow. Here are something i wrote a LOOOOONG time ago:
Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>The beginning is the most important part of the work, [CT_NAME]. So i welcome you to the glorious [OUR_EMPIRE] and hope for a beginning that would please us both.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. So get out of my sight, [CT_NAME], before i call my guards.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Misfortune shows those who are not really friends, and I am afraid you are no longer a friend of mine, [CT_NAME].</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Friends have all things in common, [CT_NAME]. So please sit down, have a cup of wine, and let us discuss our next common victim.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Truth should be highly valued, [CT_NAME], so speak you piece, and I shall see if I believe you.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Well begun is half done, my friend.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Hope is a waking dream, [CT_NAME], and I hope that you will be wise enough to help [OUR_CIV_SHORT] in it's steady growth so we can stand side by side as allies in the future.</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_SELEUCEIA_1</Tag>
		<English>Death is not the worst that can happen to men, [CT_NAME], so I understand if you do not want to pay this small tribute.</English>
	</TEXT>
I do not know how useful they are, but since they are all based upon quotes made by greek philosophers (Aristotle, Socrates and Plato) I don't think that these might be the most fitting to include... anyway, if you guys like parts of it, just cut 'n paste

Edit: Kudos to the one who can guess which leader I wrote this for :D

You are a smart guy Capo. Kudos to you.

Oh, wow, I thought veBear was being sarcastic all this time :p

Hey cybrxkhan! Are you still willing to do some custom leader personalities?
I was running through the LHs, checking diplotexts and personalities, and noticed quite a few is still missing
Afonso Henriques, Mongkut, Menelik, Theodora, Wu Zetian, Ahmadinejad, Mandela just to name a few.
I know some of them won't be in the main release, but still. It would be nice to see all of them ready...

Btw Capo, did you see the updated CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.xml?

Hey cybrxkhan! Are you still willing to do some custom leader personalities?
I was running through the LHs, checking diplotexts and personalities, and noticed quite a few is still missing
Afonso Henriques, Mongkut, Menelik, Theodora, Wu Zetian, Ahmadinejad, Mandela just to name a few.
I know some of them won't be in the main release, but still. It would be nice to see all of them ready...

Btw Capo, did you see the updated CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.xml?

I wrote personalities for Afonso and Ahmadinjead, Capo should have 'em. Linked 'em in the old Diplomacy thread, if you wanna get 'em over there. They're all in a rar.

I have your personalities too, but I can't find Afonso there. Ahmadinejad is ok, I missed him as you used his first name
Maybe the rar I have is not the final one? There are 76 leaders...

Either way, a couple leaders are still missing, even besides the ones I already mentioned in my last post. Could you do personalities for them?

Alright, I haven't had a lot of time lately but today I'm going to do some modding. :goodjob:

I don't really know which personalities I have and have not installed, normally I put them in as soon as they are posted, but if you guys notice any that haven't changed in the playtests or just looking through the files themselves it would be nice if you let me know.

I'll try to fix some of the diplomacy texts soon, but that is obviously not a major priority as it doesn't effect gameplay at all.

I have your personalities too, but I can't find Afonso there. Ahmadinejad is ok, I missed him as you used his first name
Maybe the rar I have is not the final one? There are 76 leaders...

Either way, a couple leaders are still missing, even besides the ones I already mentioned in my last post. Could you do personalities for them?

Afonso might be missing, then. Weird. I know he was in my list -to- do, must have accidentally skipped him.

Remember, I need something for Wu who will be replacing Cixi. I think Ekmek actually provided some stuff but it wouldn't hurt to double-check his work.

Remember, I need something for Wu who will be replacing Cixi. I think Ekmek actually provided some stuff but it wouldn't hurt to double-check his work.

Eh... I'll let Wu to someone else.
You can't do a personality based on her actual reign, since she didn't really do that much. You can't base anything off the first ruler she was with, since he's -in- Diplomacy, so I guess if you wanted a a personality with some bit of historical accuracy you'd have to go for Gaozong's accomplishments.
I could do that, if you want. But, in the end, it's probably just better to give her a mainly random personality.

Top Bottom