And Montenegro:

Attachments

• Tanelorn Kingdom of Serbia 1882 1908.png
    Tanelorn Kingdom of Serbia 1882 1908.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 964
  • Tanelorn Principality of Montenegro.png
    Tanelorn Principality of Montenegro.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,149
Thanks Tech. I am now doing artillery for all the balkan factions & then I ll' do Belgium & Denmark.

Say, Tanelorn, when you get to those countries, any chance you can throw in at least an infantry unit for each of their colonial troops (Belgian Congo, Danish West Indies, Danish Gold Coast, and Greenland)?

I sure have the sources for Belgian colonials. I will have to check for the Danes though.
And the Turks should be 1876 to 1908, I know.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 19thc Balkan Arty.png
    Tanelorn 19thc Balkan Arty.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 951
Tanelorn,
I was wondering if I could ask a little favour. Whilst your doing Serbs, could I trouble you for a specific unit in a similar style. I'm looking for an unarmed military age male Serb in civilian/peasant clothing of the 1940's era. This unit will be used for goody huts & in the Civ2 Partisan role when a city is captured. They can then be disbanded in Partisan held towns to help build Proletarian Brigades.

The 19th century force publique askaris also appear with white pants in illustrations but not in any photos. The 1915-1916 mixed blue/ khaki uniform is in Gareth's WW1 collection already. All of them are barefoot. The Belgian legion were mercenaries raised in an ad hoc basis. I based the two tone khaki on MAA379. White pants were also an option.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Belgian Colonial Troops.png
    Tanelorn Belgian Colonial Troops.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 827
Ah, Brave little Belgium, ready to take on the World! :D

Thanks to all of you guys.
Your interest keeps me going.
1864 Danish-Prussian war uniforms, good through to the 1910s with some minor alterations (updated French style kepis). Prussia and Austria ganged up on little Denmark, only for the Prussians to see first hand how hopeless the Austrians had become by that stage, and attack them two years later.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Danes 1864.png
    Tanelorn Danes 1864.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 868
Looks great! Did you find any pictures or models for their colonial troops?

These pixelart skills are remarkable 8)! Are these made from larger images or just 'by hand'?

Well, this took some time.
The headgear is a hybrid Franco-german style kepi. It is supposed to be stiff, but in most pictures it looks pliable. Well, on campaign soldiers took out the stiffening support, for practical reasons.
My grandpa's kepi in his Greco-Turkish war picture looks stiff but of course, he was posing in his dress uniform.
The WW1 guys are French equipped divisions. These are supposed to be ankle-boots and leather putees, not cavalry boots.
I will do the Greco-Turkish war as a follow up because of the crazy mix of equipment.

Also, according to the official site the pompom on the hobnailed shoe (tsarouhi) was there to conceal a metal spike.
http://www.proedriki-froura.gr/stoles/

Attachments

• Tanelorn Balkan Wars & WW1 Greek Army.png
    Tanelorn Balkan Wars & WW1 Greek Army.png
    26 KB · Views: 735
Top Bottom