Attacking the Turks

Konig15

Warlord
I am asking about mods in which you can attack the Turks, and by Turks I mean Ottomans. While I love stopping on Turks in medieval scenarios, getting my Liberate Constantinople on in post-medieval scenarios is a bit harder. Turkey just kind of ceases to be strategically important. Like, I really, really want to like Colonization III which it's huge ass map, but it's mostly ocean and has only the western half of Europe.

So what I'm asking for are scenarios that include the Middle East, a middle east that can be invaded.

Is there a World War I scenario where Russia can attack Ottoman Turkey?

A World War 2 scenario where you can attack through Turkey, and if the Axis, actually hit the Caucuses and Stans through Iran? Cause I'm really tired having to completely repeat WWII with rote strategies (not to mention Barbarossa 41 is STUPID)

And any others where I can take on the Turks?

El Laurens 2, by Boco, is about the Middle-Eastern operations by the British against the Ottomans in WWI. Also, I believe McMonkey still has a Balkan Wars scenario somewhere in his docket of planned future scenarios which seems just as cavernous and optimistic as mine. And an old Greek War of Independence (1820-1846) and post WWI Greco-Turkish War (right after Ataturk declared his republic) scenarios were recently updated by Gapetit with graphics by Tanelorn and fairline. Those four come to mine off the top off my head.

Why beat on the Turks?

The Ottomans destroyed the Byzantine Empire. Created the Janissaries. Enslaved the Balkans. And I'm not one to forgive or let things slide. More than that I play for the story I create.....it's why I can't enjoy Red Front, as awesome as that scenario is, and why playing the Axis leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I admit, I'm pretending MY Hitler isn't a genocidal sociopath just another Napoleon with dreams of empire). Why I play the non Reds in the Russian Civil War scenarios specifically designed for Red play.

I also have a thing where in a World War 2 scenario, I try to beat the Russians to Warsaw and Riga and that being unrealistic, try to beat them to Konigsberg. Get that full happy ending where 10 million Germans don't get ethnically cleansed all the while kicking the crap out of Hitler. That's why I'd like a good Allied campaign through the Balkans, should I choose the HARD route.

And I'm looking for those scenarios Patine. Thank you.

If you're looking for scenarios with undisputable, objective, overt, and clear-cut noble heroes and despicable villains with no redeeming qualities, there are a number of Star Wars and Middle-earth based scenarios for this game out there... ;)

If you're looking for scenarios with undisputable, objective, overt, and clear-cut noble heroes and despicable villains with no redeeming qualities, there are a number of Star Wars and Middle-earth based scenarios for this game out there... ;)

True enough. Although, I don't need a clear cut hero I can handle ambiguity to a point. Wouldn't be interested in the Napoleon scenarios otherwise.

BTW I found the El Laurens, and think I found the Ataturk one, but haven't seen the Greek War of Independence scenario. Are the last two in the regular download section or the Scenario League wiki?

The Greek War of Independence is in a link to a .rar file in the thread "Modified Scenarios Workshop," started by gapetit (you'll have to dig, though, it's several pages long) on this subforum. The Balkan Wars has a playable proto-beta there too, I believe, but the scenario's author, McMonkey, has made it clear it's not a finished work.

And any others where I can take on the Turks?

Do a search for Masis Panos' scenarios. He did mostly Byzantine era ones, there was one specifically with Turkish invasion of Balkans. Probably a few more of his can be found with Turks. He posted his stuff back in the days of apolyton, sadly I found only 2 of his scenarios in Scenario league site.

Sorry, gapetit. My mistake. It was late at night here and I was tired and stressed (about unrelated things to the post I made, but still) when I made the post, so I'm surprised that's the only error I made. :p

Top Bottom