Double Your Pleasure

Your smaller download links are messed up.

You have 16 files, 1-7 in one set and 1-9 on the other, but the links for set 1-9 all lead to file #1 (copy paste error?).

Downloaded all 16 files and placed them all where they should go, but I still get crashes whenever I select something in a menu or open a pulldown menu (From picking the first unit/building in a city to build to usually). Haven't a clue, and if anybody else has this problem at least I know I'm not alone in this oddity. This didn't happen once, and I built 5 warriors in a row to conquer a nearby civ, then chose ranger and it went kaput and crashed.

Coda A27:

Maybe it's because the Ranger unit also needs to have all the Scout *.flc files in the Ranger folder (I think its the Scout files, but check the Ranger.ini to make sure) - Just copy all flc files from the scout folder to your ranger folder - I think there may be other units with the same problem, but unfortunately I'm not able to check at the moment, as I'm not home :(

And this is a reminder to not press the back button on your browser while you're in a forum.....

You'll just end up posting the same thing twice.:rolleyes:

Kal El- Your right about "there no point in adding ships" but thats only if you dont play past the industrial age. Im guessing you dont cuz of the "who has the most modern armor wins". If thats the case then I have a solution for that too(I think your mod fixes this right? but if you want to hear them anyways...) but just in case I got units to balance out the modern age. Anyways back to the navel units. The most fun you can have is with the modern navel units but the orginal game made it boring by its one sidedness. But after installing the LWC mod which made navel battles better, I tweaked the stats to it to make it what I think is almost perfect and gave each ship its own uses.

NOTE: Almost all credit goes to Plutarick the creator of the LWC MOD who made these new units. I just tweaked the stats and stuff. Also you may see that the costs in shields is high. This is because the LWC mod added buildings and extra shileds to terrain, so most cities were producing 100 shields or more. Also all industrial units have extra attack/defense/bombard/rate of fire to balance the modern units higher attack power. They also have extra movement and cost. Im just not listing them cuz thats all I didnt add anything special to them. Im also not listing the required resources needed. Also now cruise missials count as tacticle missials, making battles so much better. My Elite are also 7 HP and reg 4 and Vets 5 so rate of fire for ships is also higher.

Modern Transport
Cost: 160
Move:11
A: 10
D:20
Capacity: 10

Nuclear Submarine
Cost:350
Move: 13
A: 55
D: 40
Capacity: 5
Can see submarines
Can carry missials

Modern Destroyer
Cost: 300
Move: 11
A: 60
D: 50
Can see submarine
Bombard Range/Strength/rate of fire: 2/16/4
Air Supiority(if they lethel planes is put in next patch, and will make ground unit for same purpose)

Nuclear Carrier
Cost: 400
A: 25
D: 40
Capacity: 6
Rader

Battle Sub(pretty useless I think im gonna remove it)
Cost: 330
Move: 13
A:60
D:50
Capacity:1
Can see sub
Can carry missials

Super Battleship
Cost: 440
A: 110
D: 100
Capacity: 1
Bombard Range/Strength/ Rate of fire: 3/25/6
Rader
Can carry missials

AEGIS Cruiser
Cost: 350
A: 55
D: 45
Bombard Range/Strength/ Rate of fire: 3/15/4

You might notice no ship has blitz command well this is because with so many movement points when a ship reaches its destination it can attack/bombard at least 10 times in modern age! And that was just ridiculous.

Well now the battleship/super battleship is not the strongest vessal but very versitile. And now the nuclear sumarine is actually something to fear. And ageis crusier and modenr destroyer have their own uses. AEGIS carries enough missials to sink your expensive battleship without taking even 1 HP of damage and destroyer is the only surface ship capable of seeing subs and maby only one that can intercept planes(if they put in leathel bombardment). And now increased bombard range/strenght and ship movement means that it can get to enemy shores and start devestating all costal and close to coast cities and porvided good bombard support for ground troops cuz of its high rate of fire. And I hope the higher attack/defense will make those fights where a frigate kills battleships dissappear, I havent tested it yet cuz I havent reached the modern age.

BTW if you want me to help you out with this mod id be willing to. Im not a whiz with the creation of animation and stuff like that. But Id be willing to help with the tweaking of units to balnce gameplay and help with the civitopia entries.

Originally posted by Isak
Coda A27:

Maybe it's because the Ranger unit also needs to have all the Scout *.flc files in the Ranger folder (I think its the Scout files, but check the Ranger.ini to make sure) - Just copy all flc files from the scout folder to your ranger folder - I think there may be other units with the same problem, but unfortunately I'm not able to check at the moment, as I'm not home :(

[dance] [dance] [dance]

Amazing.

Actually, I just crashed again, but I was alt-tabbing between Civ3 and IE to respond back to your solution so that could've been a video driver problem. [edit] It did appear to be the problem after all[/edit]

Anyway - Thanks!

I just downloaded the wondersplahes.... very nice.

The only problem i'm having now is when I try to move my longswordsman(with all the legionary flics in it's folder) into enemy territory, I crash. I checked the ini, to ensure i had the correct flics, but it still crashes.

Got any clue what i'm doing wrong?

Coda,

Yeah, copy paste and forgot to edit. Anyway, they are fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Civilaholic,

I don't think moving into enemy territory should crash the game. It is probably related to something else going on. :(

has anybody else experienced this problem? or anything like it. please, if you have, what is going on?:confused:

Everybody,

Please let me know how high to raise the costs of later buildings and units. With the increased shields and the extra production buildings things are gonna probably be coming pretty fast in the later stages of the game. I didn't know exactly how to calculate for this so I left it as is. But I figure those values are gonna have to be changed eventually.

thanks

I continued playing and just decided not to pummel the indians (since everytime i moved my units in their territory my game crashed). Everything ran smooth.
After upgrading all my units to the next tech, I tried to attack Delhi. Everytime i move my units next to their city I crash. It dosen't happen If I move next to any of their other cities, only Delhi. I back doored them with a large landing force, took their cities and no problem. But everytime I move any unit near delhi, it crashes.

I don't know, what it may be.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Civalaholic:

You wouldn't happen to have any save games from before any of the crashes - if you could post them (or perhaps mail them to me, so as not to abuse the Board's diskspace), I would like to see if I can reproduce the errors - that way, maybe we can ensure that kal-el sticks to writing the civilopedia stuff, rather than going on a mad bug-chase ;)

Nah, dude, that's weird....I had the Indians too, and was able to take Delhi without anything untoward happening.

Kal,

More beta testing

1. you still are prompted to build hospitals instead of the sanitation system to get your pupulation above 15.

2. are fanatics supposed to be gov-specific? I dunno if that's even possible, but I've heard it discussed, so I thought that might be what you were going for. As it stands, you can build them as soon as you discover fundamentalism, you don't need to switch governments.

Just wanted to echo the sentiments I head earlier and thank you for taking time out of your life to make my Civ-ing experience better. Keep up the good work.:)

"1. you still are prompted to build hospitals instead of the sanitation system to get your population above 15."

Ok, will check into that.

"2. are fanatics supposed to be gov-specific? I dunno if that's even possible, but I've heard it discussed, so I thought that might be what you were going for. As it stands, you can build them as soon as you discover fundamentalism, you don't need to switch governments."

No, as of now that is not possible. So they are buildable by anybody. They just represent crazy people :D willing to die for the cause.

thanks again.

"1. you still are prompted to build hospitals instead of the sanitation system to get your population above 15."

I think It's just because both the Hospital and Sewage Treatment plants are checked as allowing City Size Level 3.

However, if that check mark is removed from hospitals, building one won't do anything, but cost you 2 maintenance :(

Kal-El:

It's really nothing, but I'm a bit confused... are Colonists supposed to use the Modern Settler animations or the wagon animations? - The Colonist.ini file i have, refers to the Wagon*.flc's - but maybe I got something messed up along the way - I've reinstalled Civ3 about a dozen times this week :o

Anyway, I've been checking out all the additions/modifications, and will allow myself to indulge in a full game now (playing to win) - but I think it's safe to say that this mod is definitely destined to become fantastic - it gets my vote for the Most Likely To End Up In "Civilization 3 - Test Of Time" Award" :D

hospitals should make people happy. I think I must have forgotten to edit them.

Is it a building or a tech that removes disease from floodplains and jungle? I can't remember right now? if its a building it should be hospitals, if tech medicine.

so, do people think hospitals should keep the city increase flag and have sewars just remove pollution?

I guess that would work too. In fact they may be the better way to go. Thoughts? anybody?

Colonists use the covered wagon animation. I need to go in and fix the units_32.pcx file so as not to confuse. the wagon animation got finished right around the same time the mod was posted, so ...

Why so many reinstalls?

I think it's safe to say that this mod is definitely destined to become fantastic - it gets my vote for the Most Likely To End Up In "Civilization 3 - Test Of Time" Award"
Thanks! I sure hope people like it. :D

Is it a building or a tech that removes disease from floodplains and jungle?
It's a tech - so Medicine it is then, I guess.
so, do people think hospitals should keep the city increase flag and have sewars just remove pollution?
I think the Sewer Plants are the most natural choice for the City Increase flag - after all the jump from Aqueduct to Sewer Plant is not quite as abstract as the jump from Aqueduct to Hospital.

It's just a thought, but why not let the hospitals give a small bonus to production - after all, with a hospital around, folks are able to heal up faster, recover from otherwise fatal diseases or injury, etc. - all in all, less days in bed, means more days at work (at least that's the concept my boss is trying to convey to me)
- This should still be coupled with the happiness bonus, and perhaps a slight increase in maintenance.
Colonists use the covered wagon animation. I need to go in and fix the units_32.pcx file so as not to confuse. the wagon animation got finished right around the same time the mod was posted, so ...
Yeah ok, I'll just ignore it until you post version 0.2 - it's just that I was trying to clean up the units that use original (Firaxian)artwork in order to have the .ini's reference the files in the original folders rather than require people to copy the files to other folders - I used to be modding impaired once, myself, so I know how blind you can get from staring at an installation folder in Windows Explorer....... anyway, If you wan't the ini's, I can post them here. They're no big deal, but I just wan't to test them, to make sure there's no stupid little mistakes :scan:
Why so many reinstalls?
Oh, I just decided it would be a terribly good idea to test out this mod, the balancer mod, neolithic mod, a mod-swapping utility and a save game manager, whilst starting design on my own up-and-coming mod as well........:suicide:

I'll be joining the society for putting things on top of other things any day now....

Yeah, I agree, sewer systems should be the ones to bump a city to level 3....I miss that from Civ II, and it makes more sense than a hospital.

I went through, got all the unit files and got them all in the proper folders, and I was GOING to upload them here.

Problem is the zip is 42MB . . .

Suggestions?? :)

Well All, here is a composite of the new artwork going into the next version that I have done so far. Many more to come. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• composite.gif
    composite.gif
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,090
:goodjob: Looking good!!

Top Bottom