Double Your Pleasure

RobO,

Ok, I will check on the elephant rider.

Isak is right on the other two, Arquebusier and Partisan.

MusketmanAttack.amb and the Sniper.ini is just a leftover.

-----

Back to work.

nightstorm,

regarding the genetic tailoring. this represents genetic manipulation of the species. a la Gattaca or even further tampering by creating super beings, hence the increased production to the creator.

Scipio Africanu,

regarding webspace and an easy install, I think that would be great once the whole thing is finished. I would love to make this mod as user friendly as possible.

To everyone,

I know that the units issue is a bit frustrating. I am sorry.:( Although I love computers, I do not know my way around them as well as I should. I appreciate your patience and help in getting this thing up and running.

Just think, as soon as we have graphics for all the individual units over half of these .ini headaches will be gone.

(shameless call for people to pick up the task of putting the elephant archer, missionary and chariot archer together. ) ;)

Damn me, for got to attach image. Anyway, for Genetic Tailoring, do you guys like a medical looking building like this...

Attachments

• genetictailoringlarge.gif
    genetictailoringlarge.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 672
Nightstorm:
Genetic Tailoring: The symbolic value of the DNA is hard to beat, so the latter gets my vote.

Kal-El:
Although I love computers, I do not know my way around them as well as I should. I appreciate your patience and help in getting this thing up and running.
Heck, any creative designer has a bunch of people around him to do all the dirty work - that's just the way it has to be, otherwise you won't have any time left for being creatively designing - so don't hesitate to ask (and dont hesitate to demand either, I think we're all as anxious as you to make this mod the greatest ever) ;)

Now about the single file download and all related issues - I wouldn't mind doing it, but I have a feeling that putting more versions of the mod into circulation isn't really what the world needs at the moment, and I assume that by now we have all managed to sort out our folders and files, so that the game is at least working. Like Kal-El, I'd prefer to wait until v1.0 is released, but, again if demand is high enough, I can go ahead and find server space and upload the files, if no one else volunteers. Gimme some opinions on this.

Originally posted by Isak
Nightstorm:
Genetic Tailoring: The symbolic value of the DNA is hard to beat, so the latter gets my vote.

DNA - 1
Building - 0

Anyone else :D

Looks like the DNA one will end up winning. Which makes my decision for the Human Genome Project very easy. This is part of the actual graphic for the real life Human Genome Project.

Attachments

• hgplarge.gif
    hgplarge.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 629
I realized this morning that you guys probably have no idea what I am talking about when I am talking about the different govt. graphics. I checked and I didn't include the new tech icons in the orginal downloads. measure twice cut once, right, wrong. never quite got the hang of that.

here are the new images for the tech tree. unzip it to your art folder.

I am going to link it in the first thread too.

Nightstorm,

Add my vote to the other three, but with a bit of a caveat. Is it possible to make the genetic tailoring monument just a tad smaller? No big deal if you don’t, just thought it might look that much better.

Attachments

• tech chooser.zip
    129.4 KB · Views: 293
rmsharpe:

Well, talented artists always find inspiration from each other...

- and the _really_ good ones steal....:D

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Didn't your mothers tell you it was wrong to steal from SimCity 3000? :p

Call it creative inspiration. Get a building from the exchange and modify it some what with the Building Architecht and Paint Shop Pro and then use it as something else . Doesn't even have to be used as what it is used for in the other game, which most of the bases that I got from SC3K aren't (except Lincoln Memorial). Kal-el pointed me towards SC3K anyway. But, like we said before, since there are slight alterations, it isn't copyright infringement :)

Besides, there are enough base images from other sources and enough of my own images to call them all my own. :cool:

Originally posted by Isak
Well, talented artists always find inspiration from each other...
- and the _really_ good ones steal.... :D

AMEN BROTHER! PREACH ON BROTHER ISAK!! :D

Kal-el: Do you have an estimated date for the final release with all the SC3k graphics? I would really like to see this.

P.S. Due to the eccessively huge amount of civilopedia entries in your mod, I may not be done with your civilopedia.txt until later this week.

Also, with the pedia entries, you have historical background (#DESC_BLDG_????) for almost everything, but I havent the slightest clue what to put on the regular entry(#BLDG_????). Any suggestions?

BTW I am not a big fan of history (why memorize history when you can create your own in Civ3?), so all those w/o historical information are going in empty. I will post a list of entries still needing a DESC_ when I finish.

GIDustin

Originally posted by Kal-el
I realized this morning that you guys probably have no idea what I am talking about when I am talking about the different govt. graphics. I checked and I didn't include the new tech icons in the orginal downloads. measure twice cut once, right, wrong. never quite got the hang of that.

I have a suggestion that would eliminate this problem. I think we need a release manager. I also think Isak would fit the job perfectly :) .

Here is how it would work:

All additions and improvements are submitted to Kal-el and/or posted here. Kal-el will be the meeting point (call him a product manager if you like :) )

Before release, Kal-el makes sure that the release manager has all the relevant and correct material. Kal-el has all the relevant knowledge and thus probably writes the readme updates. The release manager (who I'm sure has kept a copy of all the mod files in a separate directory ;) ) can then assemble the release and post it.

I think this would be extremely helpful, both in reducing the numer of crashes peple get and in making this available to a larger audience. What do you think?

On a similar topic: For the next release, I would like to have a full release as well as an update to the v0.2. I also think the full release should be posted in zip files that fit on a diskette, and it should be installable by unzipping it in the Civilization 3 directory on top of the original game, patched to 1.17.

RobO,

I think those are all great ideas.

So who wants to do what?

Nightstorm is working on the building graphics.

GIDustin is putting together the descriptive part of the civilopedia.

We need someone to do the regular part of the civilopedia entires, the part that says how to use the unit/improvement/resource in the game.

Defintely need a relaease manager.

Need some people to put together a few more units.

What else?

GIDustin,

I have no estimated release date at this time.

I don't think waiting til later this week will kill anybody. :D

I haven't given much thought the the regular part of the entries. I guess I was waiting to see what they all ended up doing, before I started writing anything on that. Aren't the regular entries basically guides to what the things do in the game?

Maybe once you are done somebody could volunteer to put the regular part of the entires together.

I was wondering if somebody would take up the task of editing my more “aesthetically pleasing” map to update it with the new resources? The map is an update of Marla's map. I redid europe, North Africa, east Asia and North America. Is anybody interested in doing this? If you are let me know.

There is a link to the map in my sig.

here is a preview of Europe and North Africa

and here is a preview of North America

Thanks,

RobO,

Nightstorm is working on the building graphics.

Robo,

Just to clarify date for my stuff, should be within a day or two. I only have graphics for Internet, Newspaper and WWW to finish. Anybody have any ideas as far as a building or monument that would represent the Internet or WWW. I will still be working on buildings throughout the final release of the mod to try to upgrade each and make them look better, if they need it. But, the buildings part for the civilopedia will be done, I would say tomorrow. I am going to try to mess around with the aerial city view to see if I can get that to work. If so, I will then be converting all the new stuff to work with the aerial view as well.

Also, I need votes for which tollhouse you like better (Left or Right). I think I like the left better (Kal-el's version), but I was messing around to see if I could get one to work.

Attachments

• compare.gif
    compare.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 641
There are 3 files. 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 files

3 files. 3 is the numer of the files and the number of the files shall be 3. download 3, no more no less. 3 shall be the number though shall download and the number of the downloading shall be 3. 4 shall thou not download, neither download thou 2 excepting that thou then proceed to 3, 5 is right out.

what if i just download 1??? (just joking) :lol:

good work

Top Bottom