Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Found a bug w/ the diplomacy screen. If you ask a civ what they will give you for their vote in the UN, they will reply with nothing and give you their vote for free, and after doing it to 2-3 civs, the game will CTD after you accept the deal.

I have a problem when I capture cities. The % of culture converted by each attack is so low (0.1%-0.5% )that even size 25 will have to be fought down to size 1 with the emergency draft DCM option enabled.

Can someone doublecheck/confirm this flaw?

Also the Permanent Alliance gameoption should propably be made invisible and off by default, as I'm still recieving 1/tech per turn after getting 15-20 techs. It was a shame, coz I had the best game in memory, but outteching the AI this way is kind of boring.

My workers on auto seem to be building light industry on all resource nodes, and then after it is built, replacing that light industry with the improvement needed to collect that resource again. And endlessly repeating those two actions back and forth.

Better BtS AI team is looking at Worker AI problems and they're trying to improve it. I've noticed these wierd behaviors too and there isn't much that I can do myself since all that logic is in the SDK. So let's hope Better BtS AI improves workers in future patches. :)
It is true, improvement oscillation is known problem and maybe jdog will eventually think of something nifty that was get rid of it forever, probably not though. I was looking into that issue myself, trying to really get rid of it looks like an insane amount of work.

Even if there might be a plan to improve on that still, I wouldn't count on him fixing the problem you see anytime soon, since in stock BTS bonus resources tend to get the improvement that gives access to the resource anyway simply because this improvement is the best in terms of yield output.
If that "light industry" gives higher/worthier tile yield than the improvement for the resource then at least I think I know what to do to fix it (give negative value to all improvements that don't provide accesss to the resource if an improvement that does is already built there).

Here is my take on that bonus resource issue, you can try it out if you want, bold means new code.
Spoiler :
[This is part of CvCityAI::AI_bestPlotBuild()]
Code:
				if (eBonus != NO_BONUS)
				{
					if (eNonObsoleteBonus != NO_BONUS)
					{
						[B]if (!bHasBonusImprovement)[/B]
						[B]{[/B]
							if (GC.getImprovementInfo(eFinalImprovement).isImprovementBonusTrade(eNonObsoleteBonus))
							{
								iValue += (GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).AI_bonusVal(eNonObsoleteBonus) * 10);
								iValue += 200;
								if (eBestBuild != NO_BUILD)
								{
									if ((GC.getBuildInfo(eBestBuild).getImprovement() == NO_IMPROVEMENT) || (!GC.getImprovementInfo((ImprovementTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBestBuild).getImprovement()).isImprovementBonusTrade(eNonObsoleteBonus)))
									{
										[COLOR="Green"]//Always prefer improvements which connect bonuses.[/COLOR]
										eBestBuild = NO_BUILD;
										iBestValue = 0;
									}
								}
							}
							else
							{
								if (eBestBuild != NO_BUILD)
								{
									if ((GC.getBuildInfo(eBestBuild).getImprovement() != NO_IMPROVEMENT) && (GC.getImprovementInfo((ImprovementTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBestBuild).getImprovement()).isImprovementBonusTrade(eNonObsoleteBonus)))
									{
										iValue -= 1000;
									}
								}
							}

[B]						}
						else if (!GC.getImprovementInfo(eFinalImprovement).isImprovementBonusTrade(eNonObsoleteBonus))
						{
							iValue -= 1000;
						}[/B]
					}
				}
I made a similar change to how the AI values happiness from improvement for my own mod (lumbermill vs forest preserve), not tested either though.

Spent the better half of this evening fixing the OOSLogger.py python code - it should now record everything and work correctly (tested with scandinavian letters). RoM 2.91 patch is basically ready but I'm waiting for glider to release patch for RevDCM which will improve Revolution multiplayer mode - he has said the patch for his mod should be ready by easter so if all goes well, on this weekend there will be patch for RoM as well.

I've a very strange bug here. After installing RoM-Mod, I want to play a custom game. After launch the game, a few error messages occurs (xml-leaderhead errors).

The start screens shows Shaka as Malinesian leader instead Mansa Musa. Under settings (F8), there isn't any active option for free leaders choice, so I must get Mansa Musa for Mali, not Shaka.
An another problem: I founded my capital city and I get a lot of religions without tech. My finances are messed, too.

I don't know, how to solve this problem. Removed write protection, restart the pc and so on doesn't work.

I have Win XP 64 bit.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Dead-EYe, those bugs are related to files in the Custom Assets folder. Go to your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ and delete the Custom Assets folder. Should fix all your problems.

With this many pages there's a good chance this has been mentioned already, but I may as well lend an extra voice...

The new auto-sizing Civics advisor is great in general, but removes the ability to click between advisors without closing it. Seems like a minor thing, but I use it with surprising frequency. Would it be too hard to make it leave the top and bottom interface panels visible, like the Technology advisor does?

Ah, thanks for the hint! I haven't take a look into custom assets. After deleting files, it works fine.

How about making the National Cuirier System give Caravans same way the King Richards Crusade gives Crusaders. That way the AI would be in on the Caravans, and from what I see they do pretty well if you place a couple in worldbuilder. And maybe raise the Caravan Great Work to 50% of the cost of the unit.
Maybe even make them nonbuildable otherwise. They can be exploited by the Player.

I have some code somewhere to do just that, build trade caravans from a building, but then there is the national limit on how many you can have. Perhaps you want a new improved (and different) unit :mischief:. Besides which I use the current trade caravan quite a lot. I usually send two with a settler so I can speed build a forge or butchery. Works in snail speed only, you need more caravans at other speeds to build the same building. Don't know why.

Hello, long time fan, first time poster. I'm a RoM + AND player, so I wasn't sure where I should report this. I've tried the AND subforum first, but now that Afforess has confirmed this is an issue with RoM itself I'm reposting it here:

Some of the shields you get with building the national shield wonder get hillariously large models, with no real reason as to why certain cities get such large shields that they encompass all workable area of the city (and sometimes much, much more), while others just get enough shielding to graphically only cover the city itself. It looks kind of cool, so it may not actually be a bug, but then again it messes with the graphics for towns and can get annoying when trying to construct improvements around the edges of the shield graphic.

And by hillariously large I mean, well, just look at them: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4007/shiel.jpg

When I tried to improve my Warrior (with club) to Spearman for gold the game crashed :( What can it be?

It looks kind of cool, so it may not actually be a bug, but then again it messes with the graphics for towns and can get annoying when trying to construct improvements around the edges of the shield graphic.

And by hillariously large I mean, well, just look at them: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4007/shiel.jpg

They definately beat the Great Wall in visible from space.

@ Dancing Hoskuld
Couldn't it go hand in hand. Having both buildable and buildingmade caravans. As long as you have below 5 you can still build it. I tried to look at the python from King Richards but don't think it can be made modular though.

@ Dancing Hoskuld
Couldn't it go hand in hand. Having both buildable and buildingmade caravans. As long as you have below 5 you can still build it. I tried to look at the python from King Richards but don't think it can be made modular though.

Of course it can be made modular. :mischief:getting it to work afterwards:mischief::mischief::mischief:

Of course it can be made modular. :mischief:getting it to work afterwards:mischief::mischief::mischief:

I agree, i have made a "Militia" modular, but with BUG for some reason it wont work correctly?:(

In version 2.9 the "Revolution Mod" is active when I start a new game by pressing "Play now" instead of "Custom game".
How can I change that? Is there a "INI" file that allows me to turn the Revolution Mod off?

(Recently I played some games with "revolutions" and it completely destroyed the fun I used to have with RoM.)

The Great Wall is not actually visible from space. That honour goes to a rubbish tip in New England, I believe :)

In version 2.9 the "Revolution Mod" is active when I start a new game by pressing "Play now" instead of "Custom game".
How can I change that? Is there a "INI" file that allows me to turn the Revolution Mod off?

(Recently I played some games with "revolutions" and it completely destroyed the fun I used to have with RoM.)

In
...\Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\GameInfo

there is a file named CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_REVOLUTION</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_REV_OPTION_REVOLUTION</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_REV_OPTION_REVOLUTION_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>1</bDefault>
            <bVisible>1</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>

set <bDefault>1</bDefault> to 0 and vupti!!! No revolutions in Play Now ;)

Spent the better half of this evening fixing the OOSLogger.py python code - it should now record everything and work correctly (tested with scandinavian letters). RoM 2.91 patch is basically ready but I'm waiting for glider to release patch for RevDCM which will improve Revolution multiplayer mode - he has said the patch for his mod should be ready by easter so if all goes well, on this weekend there will be patch for RoM as well.

I'll upload my mods tomorrow.
I made quite a few changes/bugfixes on Industry, Junglecamp, Secret Agents and especially Warlords.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9044827#post9044827

If you could place them in the Projects/Vincentz folder I'd appreciate it, as it makes updates so much easier for me. (and in reality for you as well)

Hello, long time fan, first time poster. I'm a RoM + AND player, so I wasn't sure where I should report this. I've tried the AND subforum first, but now that Afforess has confirmed this is an issue with RoM itself I'm reposting it here:

Some of the shields you get with building the national shield wonder get hillariously large models, with no real reason as to why certain cities get such large shields that they encompass all workable area of the city (and sometimes much, much more), while others just get enough shielding to graphically only cover the city itself. It looks kind of cool, so it may not actually be a bug, but then again it messes with the graphics for towns and can get annoying when trying to construct improvements around the edges of the shield graphic.

I already fixed this bug yesterday but thanks for reporting it :) The bug was related to the citystyles update and I had forgotten this tiny detail with arcology buildings... :lol:

Also the Permanent Alliance gameoption should propably be made invisible and off by default, as I'm still recieving 1/tech per turn after getting 15-20 techs. It was a shame, coz I had the best game in memory, but outteching the AI this way is kind of boring.
Same bug was found from LoR so it seems that there's some bug in RevDCM dll now which causes this.

Top Bottom