COTM 118 Spain Deity - Final Spoiler - Game Over

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

Isabella smirks at the backward people of Earth who had dreamt of destroying her with puny archers, Spearmen, swords and medieval infantry as her spaceship sets about on its journey to her home. She reaches her planet in 410BC with all the grandeur of a queen bearing with her several tales of the Earthly beings that she had so recently met.
Thanks for the Nice game. Short and sweet. I had fun.

Good idea, ..... but ....... not really a gotm. for conquest to long and for space to short.

As could be seen in the previous spoiler, I sort of lost focus and blissfully switched to builder mode. I was also waiting for the AI SOD, which never came. Space reached in 390 BC.

Why [connect Oil]? You dont need it for space.

Honestly, I never checked what I'd need for space. I just connected everything and filled up the whole island.

I also didn't realize that the AI would be stuck in Anarchy not producing anything much. I thought I'd need to build Tanks.

In turns out I had far too many cities, and one of them was on Oil Island. But I had fun as long as it lasted.

very much the same with me. did not check for details, so for sure lost quite a few turns, but had a fun game ;)
t_x

Fun game for war mongering.
I probably spent too much time preparing for war. The war the AI was progressing early on I thought I would end up fighting against Mech Inf.
Built up a few cities with manufacturing plants (never done that before) I should have stopped at factories, and started fighting.

On a side note I did get 7, yes Seven MGL's in one turn late in the game.

I'd like to go back (if I can ever find time) and play it as conquest. I ended up (again) trying to fill the island, when all I needed in the end was 5/6 productive cities to build the rocket.

I settled the three islands with resources I thought I needed. I placed the city right on the resource and parked a defender on each of the other squares. Hence, no small island invasions.

Here is my final score:
Game status: Spaceship Victory for Spain
Game date: 150 AD
Firaxis score: 14470
Jason score: 11756

As usual I have chosen the false strategy...I conquered the eastern archipel just for fun with the intention to gain a MGL to build the Forbidden Palace. That was okay and I got it.
But I really thought that it could be better preparing Hoover Dam instead of nuclear plants just to have more shields earlier for prebuilds.

Game date: 110 AD
Firaxis: 15.257
Jason: 11.961

It was quite tedious in the end. Conquered the whole world :)

Conquest in 450AD
Firaxis: 19k
Jason 12252

EDIT: Communism sucks. Though I made the switch from Monarchy too early.

Desided to not attempt on a fast win,
so took a laidback time, changed to communism(dont do it),
and went for spacerace win, well knowing my game will crash when I press launsh(and so it did) Finished aprox year 700AD ish? (7 beers, 4 pots of coffee and some hours ;) )
To late, I notised the lack of resourses, settled 3 islands south of mee. (oil, (depleted) uranium, aluminium)
Havvent sent in the game.
Guess I could send in a save before pressing Launsh? well, Im alreaddy back to my own spg, so oh well.

Happy gaming -painterQ

painterQ
You can sometimes avoid it crashing when it goes to the final video screen by pressing the escape key quickly to cycle through the screens until you get to the "wait lemme play a few more turns screen."

@staff
i have no submission mail. can u send me again?

i dont know my score

Sorry. the powers that be have stopped the email system on the servers again.

Your in-game score is 18914, Jason 13399. Note that the Jason scores are pretty meaningless, as they are based on a calculation of the time taken to reach the techs needed for each VC, and if you already have all the techs, that doesn't work. I'll probably hide this game from the all-time best speed and score tables.

I've taken out GOTM 26, and COTM 118 will also be hidden, as both are clearly out of the ordinary. But I think someone needs to provide me with a full list of the other games to hide - with no ;)!.

Top Bottom