Rogue: Forced march

jfk696

Chieftain
I am using the SVN updated yesterday V36.

I turned on forced march for a rogue. Once it was turned on, I was unable to turn it off. I could still switch between forced march and quick march. However, I selected a different rogue and I could absolutely turn it off. So i am not sure what happened to that first rogue

Edit: I think you guys are already dealing with this.

Attachments

• C2C.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
I've seen the same thing, that a unit for no apparent reason cannot remove the enhanced march even though identical units can. I tried to fix it but couldn't figure out an xml solution.

So far, this is the only outstanding report of oddity happening there. (assuming you're on the latest SVN revision and not the one while this was taking place) And so far only on a rogue. There's obviously something that's getting in the way of the removal promo from coming up so I'll take a look at the promo and see if there's something I can even theorize here. In the meantime, I'll take a look at the save to verify when I get a chance.

EDIT: Was writing this before Toffer's post. The save should be illuminating as to what's taking place I suppose.

I was pretty careful in my update using the latest SVN (this time). Still learning how all this stuff works, but I think i figured that one out.

@TB: Not being able to remove status promotions is caused by saving and loading. and units that have a status promotion when the game was saved won't be able to remove it after the load.

It would seem that the saving mechanism of this game is your archnemesis.

@TB: Not being able to remove status promotions is caused by saving and loading. and units that have a status promotion when the game was saved won't be able to remove it after the load.

It would seem that the saving mechanism of this game is your archnemesis.

Very strange since there's nothing special about the way it is saved... very strange indeed.

Ok, I finally locked onto what the problem was here. An old compatibility check on loading that needed to be ignored for the purposes of statuses. I'd forgotten about this. Taking care of it now and should have the fix on the SVN shortly.

Top Bottom