JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

The title of your thread don't fit that we can find other than 1000 AD...

I know; I thought about amending that...

BTW, I've run into something of a snag as my 1st trial of a 600 BC for BTS (version 1.0) setup crashed on me. Been at it for hours; am taking a break now - it's giving me a headache...:badcomp:

crashing ? :(

Your PC config' ?

Mine is Core2duo E6850 3 Ghz + 4 Go DDRAM 800 Mhz + 8800 GTS 640 Mo

What is the problem ?

Got 2.66GHz Celeron + 504 MB.

Problem is I didn't start with a clean map; reconfiguring active civs to the ones I want results in a gamecrash.:mad:

Why? Wanna see what I got so far? (I can upload a zipfile if you want to have a look at it.) At this point I'm thinking about restarting on another map.:(

Wait ! Its your PC which is limited, perhaps the map is too big...

You can use a Standard Earth Map rather than Huge Earth Map...

Bigger is not always better ;)

So i will listen your new propositions...

I propose Redifederal's "BTS Earth No New World (85x68)"
You can find it in "premade maps" forum next this devoted to "completed scenarios"

What do you think ?

What will your civ list in 600 BC for BTS ?

I usually play (and design for) Huge Worldmaps; even Genghis_Kai's Giant Earthmap works well (just tried it out - though I expect trouble once the map gets full of units & stuff).

I think the problem is that I used a 17civmap (the same one I used for the 1000 BC scenario); I think I'll restart on an 18civmap. (The map you mention is just too small.)

Until the crash I got all the civs in but one, but they weren't all playable (2 minor civs) and when I tried to redefine the last one to Celts, that resulted in a crash in the first 10 turns.

I will report back later...

Got started again, on an 18civ map, and have all civs listed in. So, it's back to filling in the map. (After that's done I may try again getting the right LHs and civdefinitions in - which aren't exactly what they should be, although most of them are.) More news by tomorrow as I'm done for the day.:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :sleep:

PS: I was actually considering making it on a Giant Worldmap; I may get back to that on another subject.;)

Huge is enough, Giant is too big, but if you limit time of play should be ok...

Civ listing for 600 BC for BTS 1.0:
1. Greek City States
2. Macedonia
3. Persia
4. Magadha (India)
5. Kosala (India)
6. Avanti (India)
7. Yue Zhi
8. Qi Duchy (China)
9. Jin Duchy (China)
10. Chu (China)
11. Carthage
12. Etruscan League
13. Roman Republic
14. Germanic Tribes, leader Hermann NEW
15. Gallic Tribes, leader Brennus NEW*
16. Semitic Tribes, leader Ahya NEW
17. Chavin
18. Olmecs, leader Mouth of the Jaguar
19. Kush
plus lots of barbarians (cities + units);

as I'm changing the setup somewhat, I'm thinking of not making Rome a vassal to the Etruscans. (I did this in v. 0.5 as 2 AI civs with just 1 city tend not to kill one another off; they may remain at war, but don't do anything significant and don't even expand because of the war...)

* I could make them Celtic, with 3 cities, but the warlike Celts for a large part mostly fought among themselves - a fact Caesar ruthlessly exploited.;)

PS: that's odd, I seem to have 19 civs...

PPS: I did a little check. The Avanti have been removed, so it's an 18 civ game.

You suppressed Avanti ? You have replaced them by what ? Solid Barbarians ?
I agree also, but you could use a "40civs dll" for materialize your fantasm of detailed 600 BC map....

So you could keep Avanti, and create a dozen of celtic tribes with one city each...

5 germans tribes with one city and 5 semitics tribes with one city...

Celtic tribes should be in locked war...

Alors ?

None impeach you to use the 40 slots

For a 2.0 version, of course

Actually the Avanti were left out by accident as I filled in the civs...

I don't really like maps with 20+ civs; it starts out fun, but the further the game progresses, the longer the lag times - and I like my scenarios to be played by any civver, not just the ones with the biggest & fastest comps.

Anyway, got all the civs and cities set up, the map looks alright. Next is filling in the units, advances & diplomacy. I expect something definitive some time tomorrow (like a version 1.0).;)

Latest addition::hammer:

600 BC for BTS version 1.0

(version 0.5 removed after 77 downloads)

An adaptation of Genghis_Kai's original World 500 BC - The Persian Age Civ4 scenario for BTS.

The scenario starts on a Huge Worldmap around 600 BC and now features the following 18 civilizations:

1. Carthage
2. Etruscan League
3. Roman Republic (Etruscan vassal)
4. Macedonia
5. Greek City States
6. Kush kingdom
7. Qi duchy (China)
8. Jin duchy (China)
8. Chu kingdom (China)
9. Yue Zhi (Central Asia)
10. Magadham kingdom (India)
11. Kosala kingdom (India)
12. Desert Tribes (Arabia) NEW
13. Chavin Culture
14. Olmecs
15. Persian empire
16. Germanic Tribes NEW
17. Gallic Tribes NEW

and some barbarians.

Epic speed recommended for game balance.

Extra screenshots and changes listed on the download page here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8095

No bugs were found during playtesting, but if you do find one, please report back to me!

I have played it a few...

100-150 turns : it was funny but non-historic

A few work of balance is needed...

Persian empire should be fully constitued...

Celts are not a threat for Rome or Etruscan... Idea : more forces to Celts and Germans

Burdigala should be Celtic at beginning...

Byzantion should be Greek at beginning

Greek and Macedonian should be locked alliance and two in locked war with Persia

Carthage should be at war with Etruscan and Rome at beginning...

Greek should be not at war with Rome neither Etruscan

Cush should be at war with Persia at beginning...

Semitic tribes area should be filled with 2 or 3 barbarians cities for ******ing contact with Persia

Persia should be at war with Kosala at beginning

Last but not last : editing diplomacy states betwen civs which know since the start at 600 BC, should help the game to be more realistic...

Should also rescale timeline...

Thats all !

Pleasure to you for read my feedback :)

I have played it a few...

100-150 turns : it was funny but non-historic

Good! - but you are mistaken (see below)...

A few work of balance is needed...

That may be true; balance comes from posters like you who actually play and comment.

Persian empire should be fully constitued...

At the precise start date of the scenario the Persians have just rebelled against their former Median overlords. (If you try, you can establish the Persian empire as it was - that's just the challenge!)

Celts are not a threat for Rome or Etruscan... Idea : more forces to Celts and Germans

The Celts historically were a passing/occasional threat to the Roman and Greek civilizations. I deliberately introduced the Gallic Tribes, because the Celts were never a united nation. (But if you try, you might still make it so.)

Burdigala is Celtic - just not (yet) Gallic...

Byzantion is Greek - but not part of the Greek City States, in order to seduce Macedon to capture it.

Greek and Macedonian should be locked alliance and two in locked war with Persia

Certainly not - that only occurred under Philippos IV and Alexander and under threat of force.

Certainly not. The Etruscans (and Rome) started out on a peaceful footing with the Carthaginian trade republic. The Romans deliberately made war against Carthage unprovoked (1st Punic War) 2 centuries later.

Semitic tribes area should be filled with 2 or 3 barbarians cities for ******ing contact with Persia

The Greco-Etruscan war resulted in the defeat of the Etruscan fleet - making possible Rome's actual independence.

Kush has no relation with Persia at 575 BC.

The Desert Tribes of Arabia were a notorious pest; the Persians actually got them to recognize as their overlords (a kind of vassal state was established with these tribes).

As mentioned above, the Persians are just establishing their rule; there's no point in being at war with any Indian nation. (I deliberately moved the Elephant resource away from Persepolis to indicate where the Persian army got its Elephants - from India.)

Last but not last : editing diplomacy states betwen civs which know since the start at 600 BC, should help the game to be more realistic...

Thats all !

Pleasure to you for read my feedback :)

Thank you Lachlan! (Did you notice I gave you credit on the DL page?);)

I have seen :) Thanks

But AI of civ 4 can not act like in real history civilizations...

That is the problem, we couldn't not as historical as possible because, i repeat, AI doesn't not act like real past civilizations ;)

I feel I've been a little harsh on you...How about I add a 2nd version to the file (like 600 BC for BTS L) according to all of your suggestions?

PS: I don't know what you mean by rescale timeline. In what way?

You are on tests for 600 BC still ?

Ok, make the second version of test for 600 BC

Keep in mind that we cant recreate perfectly history in Civ 4 but perhaps with taking some liberties for approach the reality's possuibilities...

Other possibility should be create by diplomacy hereditary ennemies between civs... Should be doable by using a marker like "our people dislike your people" or something like that and set to -35 in diplomacy screen...

Should be occur natural wars between certain civs...

Making Greece and Macedonia locked aliees against Persia in
locked war should force Persia to take up the barbarians cities of Mesopotamia rather than modern days Afghanistan...

Faites au mieux/Make your best ;)

The 600 BC scenario should be yours "Star" scenario after that

I'm curious how 600 BC L will turn...
Have you time for test yourselve your scenariios ? I'm fond of History and Geography, since long years ago...

I just thought I could make it a double bill - shouldn't be too difficult as I already have the general setup. (It'll be a day or so, I expect. I did the same with 1000 BC for CIV Gold BTS bacause I couldn't get rid of Yemen being in contact with all civs from the start.);)

Actuallly I generally don't bother with like-deslike settings as they're virtually impossible to get rid of. (It was a feature I didn't like in Genghis_Kai's originals). Also, I'm done testing, otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded. (Actually, I don't expect any bugs/crashes to pop up this time...):mischief:

I can expect testing "600 BC L" when ?

Tomorrow Wednesday or in a couple of days ?

Ok, i agree with you if you don't like forced diplomacy states "like or dislike between peoples"

Can set ai on aggressive ? And Barbarians are already raging seems it...

AI is too peaceful when not setted Agressive AI

Keep working !

I will try your 1066 AD 3.0 !

Top Bottom